Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2022 3:04:30 PM EDT
So I think I may want a CZ 512 tactical.  Something to plink with, maybe do an Appleseed In the future.

Is it foolish to pay $500 or more because I'm a little bit of a CZ fanboy.  I'm sure I could get a S&W MP22 cheaper, but somehow that doesn't seem as satisfying.

Thinking about iron sights, maybe an HK style drum.

Yay or nay on my somewhat spontaneous want
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like they're discontinued, so I'm not sure if you could find one? I've never seen one in the wild.

I'm a CZ fan boy too. I personally wouldn't get one, but if it appeals to you and you can find one, give it a try.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 10:35:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like they're discontinued, so I'm not sure if you could find one? I've never seen one in the wild.

I'm a CZ fan boy too. I personally wouldn't get one, but if it appeals to you and you can find one, give it a try.
View Quote
I'm not sure that's right.  The 2022 CZ catalog  has 522 22lrs in it. Unless you mean the tactical model
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm not sure that's right.  The 2022 CZ catalog  has 522 22lrs in it. Unless you mean the tactical model
View Quote

Yeah, I was referring to the Tactical model. It's listed on CZUSA's site under the discontinued section.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-512-tactical-discontinued-2019/
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:21:48 AM EDT
[#4]
You can still buy the stock directly from ATI.  I'm not sure what else you loose if you buy a different 512 model and then the stock separately,  maybe the threaded muzzle.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys were no help in restraining me spending my money, I just bought one from GunBroker.

Now to find some iron sights for it.  Since the HK style drum from rtgparts are not available,   Anybody have a recommendation for similar priced irons?

I might try some some Centurion Arms knock offs from ebay.

The eBay description is ripped from Centurion Arms website including:

"The Centurion Arms sights also take up a minimal amount of rail space leaving plenty of room to be used as back up iron sights in conjunction with Aimpoint, EO Tech and most other readily available red dot sights."

Edit: maybe fixed Troy Rear and HK style front for about  $120 from optics planet????
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a CZ 512 Tactical in WRM. Its a great gun, accurate and reliable. The ATI stock/Handguard setup is a piece of crap. It does not feel like quality. I don't think you can just add the forearm to a regular CZ 512, the front of the handguard has a block that is either welded or screwed into the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:13:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn USPS and their slow shipping from Primary Arms.  My iron sights better be delivered Saturday at the latest.   I want to shoot this when I get back in town from my trip.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 512, it’s a black/gray wood stock version with no sights and a 16.5” threaded barrel.  

I like the gun quite a bit, and it’s got a pretty good trigger.  However, you are very limited if you want to do anything to improve it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I signed up for a June Appleseed and am going to attempt with iron sights.  Will need to get the extended mag release and bolt handle before then.

Link Posted: 4/28/2022 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#10]
This rifle is frustrating the hell out of me.  Alot of stove pipes and other failure to eject issues.  I'm talking like 50% of the time.  

I saw a post somewhere that someone solved their issues by getting a new recoil spring.  So ordered one from CZ.  $2, but $12 for shipping.  That seemed ridiculous, so I added another spring, an ejector and magazine for the same shipping amount.

I have some different brand ammo I can try to, but was really hoping it would like the Federal Automatch or the Norma Tac22
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 1:32:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This rifle is frustrating the hell out of me.  Alot of stove pipes and other failure to eject issues.  I'm talking like 50% of the time.  

I saw a post somewhere that someone solved their issues by getting a new recoil spring.  So ordered one from CZ.  $2, but $12 for shipping.  That seemed ridiculous, so I added another spring, an ejector and magazine for the same shipping amount.

I have some different brand ammo I can try to, but was really hoping it would like the Federal Automatch or the Norma Tac22
View Quote
How is the chamber?

May need to polish it a little.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#12]
A new recoil spring didn't fix the issue, but after a close examination using snap caps it seems the extractor doesn't always catch the rim.

There is a little play in the extractor like it doesn't have enough spring tension.  Taking the extractor out the spring was jammed in the bolt and didn't just fallout like I expected.

In my attempts to pry it out I launched it across the room into the abyss

I should have used the gallon ziplock trick to contain flying springs...have to learn the lesson the hard way

So another new part on the way.  Shipping on small parts suck, but at least I will have an extra because I ordered 2.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#13]
New extractor spring fixed my issues with stove pipes!

So much more fun at the range when everything is working as it should.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top