Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/8/2021 10:18:57 PM EDT
Does anybody know who currently manufactures a light mount that attaches to a CQBL? I know Unity used to make a mount to add a Surefire style light to the CQBL but it's discontinued as far as I know. For some reason I thought Echo Arms was making something similar now but I didn't see it anywhere on their website.

Seems like a decent setup for a short PCC potentially. I've been running an X400V on my PCC and even though I haven't used it much it doesn't seem ideal to have to remove what I'm using as a laser to swap out the batteries. I'd rather not have to potentially re-zero after doing a battery swap.

Pics of the old Unity mount:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea, Nick Chen posted about the Echo Arms CQBL mount a little while back:
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome, thanks man. I did some digging on IG and it looks like they aren't available to order yet. Echo Arms says "soon," either through them or TNVC.

From Solscud's IG:

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 11:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome, thanks man. I did some digging on IG and it looks like they aren't available to order yet. Echo Arms says "soon," either through them or TNVC.

From Solscud's IG:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/473374/CQBL_light_1_jpeg-1898012.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/473374/CQBL_Light_2_jpeg-1898013.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/473374/CQBLlight_3_jpeg-1898014.JPG
View Quote

I’ll be a buyer day 1.

I have begged folks to make another run, or for others to develop their own version (I’m looking at you IWC), but nada.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 11:37:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one! It is a pretty slick setup. I've since moved it to the other side and run a Surefire dual switch at the top. I may grab another TAPS SYNC to control everything a little better.

That said, zeroing the CQBL is a pain in the ass with the light mounted. You pretty much have to spin the head off to access the adjustment screw.

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
^^^
That's purdy Augee. Nice setup.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Need help on the best price for a CQBL-1 (black housing). Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a used CQBL from a buddy and had the unity mount and tnvc mount to use one of the surefire millennium lights. Too bad TNVC stopped making them but it is a very dated light but still looks hella cool!
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#9]
CQBL was my first.  

Cool and coaligned
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Does anybody know if a Luna elir 3 can be rigged up like this? I'm thinking of getting lasers for a few rifles and then swapping the illuminator between them. The elir 3 and one of these per rifle seems a versatile setup that'd provide a quality laser/illuminator combo.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#11]
What would you do for IR?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What would you do for IR?
View Quote

Me? Unless I'm misunderstanding- the cqbl or other laser would be my IR aiming point and the Luna elir 3 would be my IR illuminator. Should be similar to above photos but would have a higher power, adjustable laser illuminator instead of the fixed LED surefire light. White light would come from a separate unit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Bumps
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Bumps?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I need one. Hoping this happens soon.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Bumps?
View Quote

I was bumping it to the top of the board.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 8:37:07 AM EDT
[#18]
This would be sick with the new Arisaka / Malkof IR 250 or IR 700 and a TAPS Sync.

TNVC should sell a happy meal package.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Need help on the best price for a CQBL-1 (black housing). Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Kosher Surplus
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#21]
This is pretty cool. Are there other options like this to mount lights to other lasers?
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 11:10:55 PM EDT
[#22]
With this mount / scout style body putting the light at the 1:30ish and a good IR only illuminator head like the Malkoff head is there a dual lead single button solution that would activate both the laser & the IR light at the same time? I’d like to leave my white light at 10:00 with a clicky tailcap and have a single button / tape switch to activate both the IR laser & illuminator.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
With this mount / scout style body putting the light at the 1:30ish and a good IR only illuminator head like the Malkoff head is there a dual lead single button solution that would activate both the laser & the IR light at the same time? I’d like to leave my white light at 10:00 with a clicky tailcap and have a single button / tape switch to activate both the IR laser & illuminator.
View Quote

I think there's a unity hotbutton that would
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TAPS SYNC. Lets you fire just the laser or light and laser at the same time as needed.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

TAPS SYNC. Lets you fire just the laser or light and laser at the same time as needed.
View Quote

Yeah I have a TAPS on the gun I run a CQBL on. I think Unity also made a dual-lead hotbutton, although I'm not super enthusiastic about it cause apparently the click for constant on isn't super tactile.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I think Unity also made a dual-lead hotbutton, although I'm not super enthusiastic about it cause apparently the click for constant on isn't super tactile.
View Quote

They said they were planning to make one, but it never came out.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know if they've ever shipped any dual-lead versions, but they aren't right now and I wouldn't hold my breath for them to do it any time before the heat death of the universe.

Which really sucks, because the SYNC is too damn big for certain uses.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm hoping it's available soon.

::Fingers crossed::
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Per this IG post, this will likely be a one time run. Buy early.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Per this IG post, this will likely be a one time run. Buy early.
View Quote

Fuck. Hopefully there's plenty to go around.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#34]
While it's great they are offering an option I think it'd be better to offer an integrated offset scout mount like the original versus an entire 18350 body that you then have to populate yourself and most likely won't play nicely with different heads (modlite, surefire, weltool).  Hopefully I'm wrong though, ether way I'll probably buy one as long as it's not overpriced.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
While it's great they are offering an option I think it'd be better to offer an integrated offset scout mount like the original versus an entire 18350 body that you then have to populate yourself and most likely won't play nicely with different heads (modlite, surefire, weltool).  Hopefully I'm wrong though, ether way I'll probably buy one as long as it's not overpriced.
View Quote

Per the comments in this post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM25LhYnjuU/?utm_medium=copy_link

There will be both Modlight and Surefire versions available. Hopefully that’s still the case.

@TNVC can you elaborate?
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have one! It is a pretty slick setup. I've since moved it to the other side and run a Surefire dual switch at the top. I may grab another TAPS SYNC to control everything a little better. That said, zeroing the CQBL is a pain in the ass with the light mounted. You pretty much have to spin the head off to access the adjustment screw.
[url]]
View Quote

That's the same thing with the MAWLs. Light Head must come off to access adjustment screws up under the Unit. Tell me, I have a number of those Unity Mounts, but regarding that Echo Mount - is that only operable on the CQB Device or will it work with other Lasers as well?
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's the same thing with the MAWLs. Light Head must come off to access adjustment screws up under the Unit. Tell me, I have a number of those Unity Mounts, but regarding that Echo Mount - is that only operable on the CQB Device or will it work with other Lasers as well?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have one! It is a pretty slick setup. I've since moved it to the other side and run a Surefire dual switch at the top. I may grab another TAPS SYNC to control everything a little better. That said, zeroing the CQBL is a pain in the ass with the light mounted. You pretty much have to spin the head off to access the adjustment screw.
[url]]

Just the CQBL.

You have multiple of the Unity Mounts for the CQBL?
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just the CQBL.
View Quote

If its THIS one I saw in a pic above, yes I keep backups for all my Switches, Mounts, Lights and Lasers. Though they're sometimes tough to find, you can snag one from any number of Online Dealers.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#39]
I don't believe that will interface with the cqbl, if it does please let us know!
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I don't believe that will interface with the cqbl, if it does please let us know!
View Quote

Hey Twistid. We had an IM on Scott Dunham. He said he hasn't heard from you. I don't own a CQBL as all mine are FP, so I cant give you feedback. Sorry...
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If its THIS one I saw in a pic above, yes I keep backups for all my Switches, Mounts, Lights and Lasers. Though they're sometimes tough to find, you can snag one from any number of Online Dealers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just the CQBL.

That’s not the same thing.

https://soldiersystems.net/2014/05/15/tnvc-fusion-cqbl-1-rail-clamp/

Echo arms version makes the flashlight body integral to the clamp instead of providing a mount for a flashlight.
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/08/12/echoarms-x-tnvc-cqbl-mount/
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That’s not the same thing. Echo arms version makes the flashlight body integral to the clamp instead of providing a mount for a flashlight.
View Quote

Good to go! Always love reading TFB and looking back over articles which helped me make my decisions. This was the last quote on the FP Laser Showdown they did awhile back which paid off to me. "If you want a MFAL that can keep up will the full power laser boys, look into the MAWL C1+ or DBAL D2. which was equally as true to me as this one also - "The biggest takeaway is that people tend to want things they cannot have" so that is exactly what I have. This CQBL certainly looks intriguing though.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Hey Twistid. We had an IM on Scott Dunham. He said he hasn't heard from you. I don't own a CQBL as all mine are FP, so I cant give you feedback. Sorry...
View Quote

I don't understand this reference, Scott Dunham?
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Good to go! Always love reading TFB and looking back over articles which helped me make my decisions. This was the last quote on the FP Laser Showdown they did awhile back which paid off to me. "If you want a MFAL that can keep up will the full power laser boys, look into the MAWL C1+ or DBAL D2. which was equally as true to me as this one also - "The biggest takeaway is that people tend to want things they cannot have" so that is exactly what I have. This CQBL certainly looks intriguing though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That’s not the same thing. Echo arms version makes the flashlight body integral to the clamp instead of providing a mount for a flashlight.

I have a D2. It’s awesome. It’s also a giant piggie. The MAWL is too expensive for me to justify.

The CQBL is smaller and more lightweight. I already own one. Using a flashlight with it can be an bit of a pain. It won’t be after I buy one of these new setups.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#45]

Has it been a week yet?
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Has it been a week yet?
View Quote

LOL. I've been checking Echo Arms and TNVC social media daily and still nothing.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Crickets, just looked at their IG post again and they deleted all their comments.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Is it kaput?
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Crickets, just looked at their IG post again and they deleted all their comments.  
View Quote

The one I’m seeing here still shows them saying “Hoping to ship to TNVC early next week” two weeks ago, so I hope it didn’t get killed in the meantime. I imagine it’s just Soon™
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top