Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2024 8:41:55 AM EDT
Wondering about being able to mounting a COTI style device on an Anvis objective

The mount rings have some adjustment but can the clamp to the very front? Would any device have clearance issues with the Anvis nubs?

Has anyone here done it or seen it done?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:26:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#1]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC_Will:

I can't speak for non Mil-Spec "COTI style" systems but when it comes to the AN/PAS-29A, AN/PAS-29B, and TAD (made by Safran Optics 1) the PVS-14 bracket will attach it to the lens cell.....

BUT......

ANVS objective lenses being what they are (for aviation) filter certain wavelengths of light that are used specifically in NV compatible cockpit lighting and this can render the COTI useless or diminish its performance. Most of the ANVS lenses floating around on the commercial retail market are unknown in terms of which type they are. Unfortunately, most folks including many resellers aren't even aware there are different types of filters (A,B,C). I've seen guys with two different filter types (A & B for example) on the same goggle

The safest bet is to assume your lenses will filter all light below 665nm (all colors from red to green).

If you can test the COTI pre-purchase then it's worth trying it to see if it is compatible as there are exceptions depending on the lens.

ETA: Yes, you can "test" different color lights but in my experience with these lenses you need to test with the actual display that will be used.
View Quote

Thanks for the info I had no idea about the light filtering aspect I just kinda ended up with this device because I got a good deal on it lol

Seems like it won't be worth the trouble I'll get something different before I think about getting one
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:46:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top