Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2024 11:10:55 PM EDT
Anyone have an feedback about how it shot? Not much I can find here or online about it other than folks claim it was Federal "seconds" and not actually Match ammo at all. Some folks not impressed, other pleased. I plan to use it mainly in my 03A3.

Link Posted: 2/6/2024 5:00:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tangeant] [#1]
Time Capsule....

It isn't "Match" ammo, just loaded by Federal for CMP Matches.

That stuff hasn't been sold in a longtime. They issued it for The Garand and Springfield matches at Camp Perry in 2002.

I still have a box of it from than. IIRR it seemed a bit warmer than other commercial 150gr ball clones but shot ok.

At the price of 06 ammo that is worth alot.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#2]
You would probably get better accuracy with Federal 168gr Gold Medal Match ammo if that was your ultimate goal.  Not sure how the price compares with the CMP offering.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#3]
For what it was made for ,100-200yd cmp Matches it did fine the SR2 is a generous target.

Can't make out the lot # but mine started with 01 which should be 2001.

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:09:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I ended up getting two cases of this stuff for the same price as the latest 1969 M2 Ball offering.  It is beyond difficult to transact business via the CMP estore nowadays, no one takes calls, returns vmails or responds to email (for weeks) and good grief, the CMP Forums is an absolute train wreck since the update they did last year.  Basically broken and if it did work it's so out of standard and difficult to sub-navigate.  Such a shame.  I really enjoyed all the traffic and learned so much over there, over the years.  Other than the Market Place it seems virtually dead these days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top