Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2021 3:15:18 PM EDT
CMP just posted yesterday that service grade Garands are sold out.  Existing orders already received will probably be filled, they will email people with alternative options if they run out before filling existing orders.

Looks like everything is pretty much sold out except for the field grade for $650
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered one about a month ago.  They did cash my check.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I really want a Mini-G.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I noticed that also, I sent my stuff in on 3/8.

I read that they may of put the oos notice up, so they can catch up on orders.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:07:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

How long ago did they cash the check? I sent my stuff in 2 months ago and still nothing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought that might be the same thing, but then in that case why would they put on there that they hope to fill all orders, and that people would be contacted via email if filling the order wasn’t possible.  I would’ve figured that it was just a catch-up situation, they would’ve just said it was sold out until further notice.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#6]
If you look at their rifle sales page they sell out of current stock and the open another from time to time.  They’ll be back in stock again.  There are lots of rifles they have not even opened the boxes on likely.  I think they are trying to get some breathing room in their orders process and catch up with inventory.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:53:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I sent in my order in April and had rifles in my hand 10 days later.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:07:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
CMP just posted yesterday that service grade Garands are sold out.  Existing orders already received will probably be filled, they will email people with alternative options if they run out before filling existing orders.

Looks like everything is pretty much sold out except for the field grade for $650
View Quote

Dude at our local club put up a For-Sale ad for his Service Grade M1.

Comes with CMP documentation and CMP case. Says he bought it 8-yrs ago at the NS. Says it has all G.I. parts and G.I. wood, plus a genuine Mil-cotton sling and 10 G.I. clips. No ammo.

Wants $1600.00, firm.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:28:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Wonder what I could get for my Springfield Special Grade?  Probably not much, since it's only a Springfield.

I do have ammo.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow, how is that possible? All the timelines I see posted are taking months.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How long ago did they cash the check? I sent my stuff in 2 months ago and still nothing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cashed check within two weeks of mailing it to them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Cashed check within two weeks of mailing it to them.
View Quote

What grades did you order? I put a debit card on my application, maybe they do the checks first.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Comes with CMP documentation and CMP case. Says he bought it 8-yrs ago at the NS. Says it has all G.I. parts and G.I. wood, plus a genuine Mil-cotton sling and 10 G.I. clips. No ammo.

Wants $1600.00, firm.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wants $1600.00, firm.  

Wanting and getting are two different things.  That said, CMP has been "sold out" of every grade of M1 Rifle they've ever offered, multiple times.  Some day it will actually be true, but today is probably not that day.  My guess (and it's only a guess) is a price adjustment might be coming, and when Service Grades become available again they will be priced higher.  Remember, CMP had to buy those Philippine rifles.  They're millions of dollars in the hole for the lot, so it's going to be interesting.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I really want a Mini-G.
View Quote

Easy-peasy.

Just send Tim @ Shuff's Parkerizing a Field Grade M1, then pick your chambering: .308, 30-06, or .35 Whelen ... or possibly 6.5 Swede once Criterion does another run of M1-profile 6.5 barrels. I'm in for one, and that'll be my next Mini-G.

If you decide you want your Mini in 30-06, you can save $200+ by having Tim use the G.I. barrel.

The Mini-G:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XlYJacucucQ&ebc=ANyPxKrkVaDcUn6BSf9dZ1_JgVSUURmHFxhcwp8rv2Z7Sas6dvAbBX1NxFIa_DuZHZ9Z7q2_WVyM1rllLwfgdgshm0-d3YHaog&feature=emb_logo
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I would like to get a mini-g/tanker garand, eventually.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve been seeing reports that the field grades have been going out the door quickly in April.  It’s only the service grades that are way backlogged
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tim can build you either variant  -  the 18.5" Tanker, with that short piece of front hand-guard, or the 16.1" Mini-G.

Understand that once he developed the Mini-G, a true Carbine-length Garand, it more or less rendered the Tanker variant obsolete  -  except maybe for historical interest.  I mean, if you're going to go short with the M1, why 'stop the chop' at 18.5"?

Tim uses the Schuster Mfg. adjustable gas plug, along with a few other mods, for reliability as well as for protecting the shortened op rod and the gas system from damage.

The Minis are blasty little bitches, but they're handy and point well, being less weighty than a full size M1. They're also quite accurate and definitely a hoot to shoot. That's why I'm interested in having Tim put one together in 6.5 Swede using a 'donor' FG M1 I've got set aside for the project. Just waiting for Criterion to notify me they've got the barrels ready.

Ballistically, the 6.5 Swede pretty much approximates the .276 Pedersen cartridge, which was what the M1 was originally chambered for.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I messed up. Got the necessary forms notarized and ready to send off in January for an IHC. They're still sitting on my desk.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#20]

I was planning to order one and was just waiting on some paperwork.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:16:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Very nice! Good looking M1 right there!
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Very nice! Good looking M1 right there!
View Quote

Thanks

CMP service grade I got in the late 1990's

back then, you could get them "without wood" for $275 !

I knew a gunshow vendor who had barrels of M1 stocks, I found one that fit well for $50

cleaned it up a bit and put her all together.

clanging 400 yard steel ( hard to see in the shade )

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What grades did you order? I put a debit card on my application, maybe they do the checks first.
View Quote
Service grade.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Probably because I ordered Field Grade rifles.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Tim can build you either variant  -  the 18.5" Tanker, with that short piece of front hand-guard, or the 16.1" Mini-G.

Understand that once he developed the Mini-G, a true Carbine-length Garand, it more or less rendered the Tanker variant obsolete  -  except maybe for historical interest.  I mean, if you're going to go short with the M1, why 'stop the chop' at 18.5"?

Tim uses the Schuster Mfg. adjustable gas plug, along with a few other mods, for reliability as well as for protecting the shortened op rod and the gas system from damage.

The Minis are blasty little bitches, but they're handy and point well, being less weighty than a full size M1. They're also quite accurate and definitely a hoot to shoot. That's why I'm interested in having Tim put one together in 6.5 Swede using a 'donor' FG M1 I've got set aside for the project. Just waiting for Criterion to notify me they've got the barrels ready.

Ballistically, the 6.5 Swede pretty much approximates the .276 Pedersen cartridge, which was what the M1 was originally chambered for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I contacted Tim to see if he would barrel a 6.5 and stated no he wouldn't since he didn't have the tools..(reamers).

So  I went looking the tools to do it myself.. than the barrels went out of stock.. I emailed  criterion barrels to see if they were going to proceduce them again and if so a eta.. got nothing back. :-( ..

I would buy 2-3 barrels if they do proceduce them again. Since that will last me a life time worth of shooting.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I contacted Tim to see if he would barrel a 6.5 and stated no he wouldn't since he didn't have the tools..(reamers).

So  I went looking the tools to do it myself.. than the barrels went out of stock.. I emailed  criterion barrels to see if they were going to proceduce them again and if so a eta.. got nothing back. :-( ..

I would buy 2-3 barrels if they do proceduce them again. Since that will last me a life time worth of shooting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I forgot about the reamers.  Tim could really finish a 6.5 Swede chamber tight if we could find him one. He's cleaned up a couple of chambers when re-barreling M1s for me.

I'm sure 6.5 reamers are out there.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:35:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Wants $1600.00, firm.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wants $1600.00, firm.  

Shop in my area had one for sale about a month ago. They got $2200.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Generally that is how they work.

“In stock” is the pile of inspected rifles that they have gone through and fixed as needed.  It doesn’t count the piles of crates that were there, inventoried but not yet inspected, graded, parts replaced as needed.

Totally out,.....I not sure they ever really hit that point.  Low stocks from the Army and returns,...yea but not out out since I used to watch.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe they cash checks right away when the packet is received, and charge cards later in the process.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:12:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wants $1600.00, firm.  

That's a GunJoker crack-smokin' price, ... unless maybe it was a documented collector-grade Garand.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's a GunJoker crack-smokin' price, ... unless maybe it was a documented collector-grade Garand.
View Quote

Looked like a nice service grade. Consignment gun, I didn't take it down and look it over closely, but it had GI wood and at minimum it had a postwar rear sight when it should have had a flush nut.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top