Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2022 8:06:07 AM EDT
I am planning a trip possibly to go to the CMP South Store in Anniston as I may be in the area.

I will call to see if they might be open, I understand they are only open 3 days a week and not necessarily always that and inventory is low.

Nontheless, I have never purchased at a store - and have a paperwork question.

Do you need a notarized signature on the CMP purchase form if you buy directly at the store ?

So I have to get a notary public to notarize before I go OR is signing in the presence of the CMP at the store valid enough.

I meet the requirements haven't bought a rifle since the $300+ Greek Garand days.  I wished I had gotten more of those and more of the greek ammo!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as you meet requirements the folks at the store take care of the rest.  However I think the south store is still closed for the foreseeable future.  TMP is open and has some inventory but last I heard it was only IHC's for $2100.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
South Store is closed, but the TMP store not far from the south store is open Wednesday thru Sunday. You can do all your paperwork in the store, and they have packets to fill out available.

As of yesterday, they had quite a few rack grades on the shelf. A good selection of M1Cs with matching scope bases. Some IHC field grade rifles and gap letter rifles. The rack grade rifles were pretty rough, but there might be a good one mixed in.

They had several service grade rifles a couple weeks ago but they have all been bought. Might want to wait for the next restock depending on what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
South Store is closed, but the TMP store not far from the south store is open Wednesday thru Sunday. You can do all your paperwork in the store, and they have packets to fill out available.

As of yesterday, they had quite a few rack grades on the shelf. A good selection of M1Cs with matching scope bases. Some IHC field grade rifles and gap letter rifles. The rack grade rifles were pretty rough, but there might be a good one mixed in.

They had several service grade rifles a couple weeks ago but they have all been bought. Might want to wait for the next restock depending on what you are looking for.
View Quote

Thanks,

I will drop the TMP a line Its only another 20 min away from my house the drive through Alabama is generally nice and quiet if I take the side roads
I'm only about 20-25 minutes to Alabama boarder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top