Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2020 11:57:30 AM EDT
Have never really dove into the PCC world, so let me see if I have this right.

I have a SBR AR, I can take this(CMMG Banshee 100 9mm) upper and slap it on my SBR'd lower and its good to go???

Im ok with changing out the buffer/spring if that makes it run better.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can buy that upper, slap it on your SBR lower and run it all day long. I chose to roll my own, and assembled essentially the exact same upper to save a couple bucks. 4,000 rounds and counting, suppressed and unsuppressed. Get some of the magazine inserts to convert your standard 30 round pmags, when they’re in stock somewhere.

ETA: I have the standard carbine spring and buffer combo in mine. It’s been solid thus far.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.

Will those mags work with any 9mm upper? Or does it need to be colt style, uzi, glock, etc.?

Id really like to use those mags/inserts and just keep the one lower is the ultimate goal I guess. Im not opposed to building the upper either, just dont know what parts to buy.

EtA: Will probably just get a foxtrot mike upper and use those mag inserts.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.

Will those mags work with any 9mm upper? Or does it need to be colt style, uzi, glock, etc.?

Id really like to use those mags/inserts and just keep the one lower is the ultimate goal I guess. Im not opposed to building the upper either, just dont know what parts to buy.
View Quote

The CMMG upper you linked uses their proprietary RDB bolt carrier group.
The bolt has an integrated ejector where as blowback systems use a different mechanism for ejection.

Mean arms Endo mags (converted magpul pmags) have ejector less versions for the CMMG RDB system as well as ones with a built in ejector for blowback systems.

This info is specific to using a AR15 lower and not a dedicated glock or colt lower receiver.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered the 9mm Glock upper.  Guessing it will show up in December?

The Endo mag conversion kit arrive and I just swapped them into three PMAGs.   I already have an SBR'd AR15 lower sitting unused so I will use that for now.

Until the CMMG Glock lower gets built and sent to my FFL, then I will SBR that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone one know whether these Banshee Uppers will work with an older DDLES Glock pattern 9mm lower?  I have a lower that I form 1'd years ago that I've been meaning to assemble into an SBR.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 2:16:48 AM EDT
[#6]
That's what I've got my Banshee upper on. The last round bolt holdopen won't work. There's a little widget you can buy from a guy on Instagram (name escapes me) which installs in the lower and prevents mag over travel when the bolt is open. I had to grind a sliver off my upper for it to fit.

Quoted:
Anyone one know whether these Banshee Uppers will work with an older DDLES Glock pattern 9mm lower?  I have a lower that I form 1'd years ago that I've been meaning to assemble into an SBR.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/8/2020 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Could you find that guy on instagram? I have a DDLES glock lower too and apparently my google fu is not as strong as yours.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Could you find that guy on instagram? I have a DDLES glock lower too and apparently my google fu is not as strong as yours.
View Quote

Here is another thread I found that might help https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-CMMG-RDB-System-on-DDLES-Glock-Lower-With-NFA-LRBHO-Upper/15-742058/
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:50:52 AM EDT
[#9]
bkmiller556

Quoted:
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top