Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2021 12:31:03 PM EDT
Obviously I don't have a sound meter, and pretty much the video is your basic run down overview/demo, but I am rather intrigued by the use of Metal 3D printing in the silencer market. I wasn't given a price on the White-paper, but I was fully expecting $1800+ (SShop has them for $1400).

A 3D Printed 338 Cal Suppressor? CGS Group Hekate @SilencerShop

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Can this be mounted on 5/8x24 or 1/2x28 barrels?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can this be mounted on 5/8x24 or 1/2x28 barrels?
View Quote

ETA - Correction, all in stock Silencer Shop Hekates are 3/4x24.

Silencer Shop had been advertising the incorrect thread type and they’re contracting people to let them know.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
The white paper claimed 5/8-24 threads would be available.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I would imagine a .338 suppressor with 1/2-28 threads would be a slow seller.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]
This looks like another great offering by CGS. Fortunately I don't have to fork out the money to buy one, since I don't have a BA rifle chambered in $5 bills. I wonder if CGS will get a military contract for these.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:01:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would imagine a .338 suppressor with 1/2-28 threads would be a slow seller.
View Quote

I was wondering if it had the thread adapters like the Hyperion. The TBAC 338 Ultra is more quiet than the Gen 1 Ultra 9 due to the size, and they have muzzle devices in .5x28 and 5/8x34 so that you can use the same can on multiple LR hosts.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I was wondering if it had the thread adapters like the Hyperion. The TBAC 338 Ultra is more quiet than the Gen 1 Ultra 9 due to the size, and they have muzzle devices in .5x28 and 5/8x34 so that you can use the same can on multiple LR hosts.
View Quote

CNC Warrior might make a thread adapter for 1/2x28 to 3/4x24, but for 1/2x28 that'd be an unrealistic use so we probably wouldn't make that ourselves. 5/8x24 to 3/4x24 is more reasonable. There is no standardization from a major firearm manufacturer like SIG for a taper shoulder for 338 host barrel so all Hekates at this time are 90 deg normal shoulders.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

CNC Warrior might make a thread adapter for 1/2x28 to 3/4x24, but for 1/2x28 that'd be an unrealistic use so we probably wouldn't make that ourselves. 5/8x24 to 3/4x24 is more reasonable. There is no standardization from a major firearm manufacturer like SIG for a taper shoulder for 338 host barrel so all Hekates at this time are 90 deg normal shoulders.
View Quote

Thanks Josh. I cant wait to see the Helios Titanium release this year too. You guys have been busy!
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#9]
If I could thread a Key-Mo adapter into the rear of this I'd have already purchased.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If I could thread a Key-Mo adapter into the rear of this I'd have already purchased.
View Quote

If the Key-Mo adapter was strong enough to be used on large magnum rifle cartridges, that would work.  I'm not sure it is.  Todd might be able to give information about that.  I don't think it can be used on 300 RUM, so I think maybe if you try some other magnum cartridges, especially when barrel length isn't super long, the mount tabs will yield.  That would be one potential failure mechanism.  Again, I think the designer probably knows best.

I think direct thread or taper-thread adapter is much smarter for large magnum rounds, unless you have a very strong latch retention system like the Rugged mount, etc.  I think I'm becoming more of a direct-thread fan every day.  Imagine if all barrels were tapered and all silencers took advantage.  One can dream....

Jay
PEW Science
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#11]
17 ounces? Hell yeah.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Imagine if all barrels (and mounts) were tapered and all silencers took advantage.  One can dream....
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#14]
So threads in front of the taper can work?  Who knew?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

For as much as KB opines about taper/thread placement, I find it odd that all of Q’s barrels have the threads in front of the taper.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is a 338 silencer. And the people it was built for didn't want QD anyway, so it's not QD.

Quoted:

A lot of people knew in 1909.

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

For as much as KB opines about taper/thread placement, I find it odd that all of Q’s barrels have the threads in front of the taper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does that make them more universal?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top