Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2021 12:23:58 PM EDT
A friend was given a CETME parts kit and receiver. But he has a few questions.  I am NOT up on these things, so I’m going to send this thread to him.

1.  What does he need to do to ensure he doesn’t run afoul of the ATF and accidentally build a MG?  Any changes to the receiver necessary?

2.  Any sources for 922(r) parts?

3.  Barrel source advice?

4.  Any recommendations for where to find receiver weld parts?

5.  Does anybody see any missing parts in these photos beyond the barrel?

6.  Any recommendation of where to find a good schematic?

7.  Anything else he should know?

photo gallery online
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Weapons guild is a great site for info
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Weaponsguild will have all of those answers for you. It is a great site for builders and I spend a lot of time over there. That website is responsible for making buy a lot of stuff.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Weapons Guild has great info and is hard on the wallet. Another site worth checking out is Military Firearms.

For barrels get on the Apex mailing list. When they get CETME barrels they don't last long.

Also you'll have to register to gain access to Weapons Guild. Some people don't like that. Just a heads up.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Definitely check out weaponsguild. It’s my favorite place on the net.

For the weld parts, check out rtg. Apex or Sarco for barrels, apex being best bet. Barrels sell out fast so don’t wait.

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:49:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmm....I don’t see any rear sight parts
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@holescreek has a lot of great build info posted there.
View Quote

I think he posts on those other forums, too.

I know he was a GREAT help with the C308 I just bought. I learned a lot from him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top