Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2022 12:55:22 PM EDT
Are these worth the $1400 Atlantic is asking for?
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Ehh

I like mine I built from a kit.

Its extremely soft shooting

The stock sights are pretty much trash though

I dont know if I would pay that much for one, but then again they might not be around for forever either
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#2]
They're neat guns and very nicely built. I got mine a few years back for maybe $1200. No regrets and I recently bought the suppressor kit with thread adapter and locking piece which I haven't installed yet but looking forward to shooting it suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I love my LC. I built it from a kit. It's the 3rd L I've built. They're good, soft shooting and mine have been pretty accurate. I imagine there'll be a collectors market in a few years, especially the LCs since there were roughly only ~645 kits imported.  Put the Gen 1 handguard on mine along with a xm177 faux moderator.  

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Parts kits are drying up, so yes, worth it.

They're a fun rifle and "rare".

I own 2, far from my favorite rifle, but very cool.

Very soft shooting.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love my LC. I built it from a kit. It's the 3rd L I've built. They're good, soft shooting and mine have been pretty accurate. I imagine there'll be a collectors market in a few years, especially the LCs since there were roughly only ~645 kits imported.  Put the Gen 1 handguard on mine along with a xm177 faux moderator.  

https://i.imgur.com/qYpVaCl.jpeg
View Quote

Tell me about the top rifle in the picture.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Tell me about the top rifle in the picture.
View Quote
I call it a G551k. I built it using HK G3k and Sig 551 parts. There's a build thread on here and on weaponsguild. Search G551k
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I call it a G551k. I built it using HK G3k and Sig 551 parts. There's a build thread on here and on weaponsguild. Search G551k
View Quote

It looks neato torpedo.

As for the Marcolmar being worth it I would say they are. They also have them direct on there site if you want to a specific color, or you could always call them up.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:12:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Parts kits are drying up, so yes, worth it.
View Quote
If you want one, yes.
They'll only be (significantly) more expensive in the future so if you'll ever want one, the time to buy is right now.

I didn't go for one, personally. HK33/53 scratches that RDB 5.56 itch for me, and I have the G36 (its replacement in Spanish service) so I'm good with those.
I think the G36 is overall better, and was fortunate to grab one while they were still cheap on the secondary market.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought two, couldnt decide what color i wanted so i bought the two i liked, all black and fde. They are neat guns and marcolmar guns are great. Great attention to detail. Built better than the originals. Scratched the itch for a roller lock gun. I think they will be worth more in the future so might be an investment possibility but who knows.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice guns. Ive got 2 Marcolomars, worth the price.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Finally got it. It's pretty heavy, and the sights are shit. Glad I got one with a rail.

Grip is more comfortable than I was expecting, not terrible not great
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Will anything bad happen if you use cheap steel ammo to break these in?
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Cetme flutes love steel.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got a CETME L, three LC's and an LV....all from Marcolmar. They're not superior to anything but they are unique and Marcolmar's builds are top-notch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top