Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2021 12:28:20 PM EDT
Just had to post this.
I was able to get some of the cci quiets non-semi auto.
I finally got to try them out at a range where no one else was shooting.
16 inch ar with a bolt block and dead air mask.

The only sound was the cardboard ripping when the bullet hit.
It was as quiet as the movies except how loud the actual hit was compared to everything else.
It is more fun than I thought it would be.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I hear ya OP.  I usually shoot regular SVs through my ar22, but when I shoot the quiets (same can) its stupid quiet.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a couple of Winchester. 22 pumps.
THAT, is the perfect gun for .22 Quiet ammo.
No action noise until you rack one.

Shoot

Pfffft

Rack

Repeat

And they are even slam fire ??
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I use them with a 10/22.
Extremely quiet.
Doesn't cycle but its basically a bolt action rifle but much faster.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Shoot

Pfffft

Rack

Repeat

View Quote

I have a Rossi 62SA based off that design. Silly fun! Mine also takes CB Shorts.

Too bad the tube magazine prevents using a can in any practical sense.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I shoot them out of my Henry in the back yard in the middle of the city. My RWS pellet rifle is louder lol
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I use them with a 10/22.
Extremely quiet.
Doesn't cycle but its basically a bolt action rifle but much faster.
View Quote

You might like to read this thread.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree on the CCI Quiet (710 FPS).
I would like to try the semi auto CCI Quiet (835 FPS). See if it truly cycles in a semi auto.
I haven’t seen the 835 FPS ammo at all.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Very quiet, much quieter than a lot of air rifles / pellet guns.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I agree on the CCI Quiet (710 FPS).
I would like to try the semi auto CCI Quiet (835 FPS). See if it truly cycles in a semi auto.
I haven’t seen the 835 FPS ammo at all.
View Quote

The semi-autos worked in our 10/22 and TX-22. Hard to find tho.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Interesting setup.
Seems like additional work was required after sending the bolt off.
If the bolt came back without issues I would do it, but have not faith that I could modify the bolt without screwing up numerous ones.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah I picked up the max I could a little while ago. Haven't shot them yet, still waiting on my Mask. It'll be going through a Mark IV Lite so I don't think it will cycle, but oh well it's ammo and should be just stupid quiet
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#12]
No can... Remington C-BEE 22® 22 LR is very quiet from my Henry lever action!
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Interesting setup.
Seems like additional work was required after sending the bolt off.
If the bolt came back without issues I would do it, but have not faith that I could modify the bolt without screwing up numerous ones.
View Quote

I linked because it also mentioned the alternatives as well, like the Volquartsen Firefly bolt.

ETA:
Ruger 10/22 Suppressed and Volquartsen Bolt - Quiet and Fun!
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
16 inch ar with a bolt block and dead air mask.
View Quote

That's because CCI Quiet is going about 3 fps by the time it makes it out of your 21" combo!

They make (or used to make) a CCI Quiet Segmented that had all the fun characteristics of your round, plus the projectile expanded into 3 equal portions upon impact.  The squirrels were . . . uh . . . not a fan of that round.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#16]
I shoot Aguila Super Colibri 20-Grain "Hummingbirds" out of my 1966 Marlin 39A lever action, unsuppressed. I think it has a 22" or 24" barrel.

All you hear is the click of the hammer falling and the "thwap" sound of the bullet hitting the paper. Racking the lever is the louder.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:44:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Shoot

Pfffft

Rack

Repeat

View Quote

You and Big Waylon and your suppressed 22 gallery pumps.  Quit tempting me lol.  

The CCI Quiets and 22 shorts are mouse fart quiet in my single shot lil Badger. With the Mask threaded on the front  all I hear is the hammer fall like it was being dry fired. The sound of the projectile smacking into something is more satisfying.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a couple hundred rounds left of CCI Quiet I bought a few years ago. I was coming here to ask if they’re stable enough to shoot through a can, so I guess they are. Gonna be shooting them through a CZ455 and a Sparrow.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought 500, plan on running them through my mk2 FVSR with aac halcyon
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:38:42 AM EDT
[#20]
I just got back from vacation where we camped out on BLM land. After riding dirt bikes all day in the evenings we broke out the supressed 22 bolt gun. I had a few boxes of CCI standard velocity which stay subsonic out of a 16" barrel. With the Sparrow they were stupid quiet. Firing pin was louder honestly. We had a blast shooting beer cans at 200 yards. Unfortunately I tought my wife how to shoot last year and she crushed us all.

Point is even the standard velocity are ridiculous quiet in a supressed bolt action.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:49:34 AM EDT
[#21]
I shoot CB .22 shorts thru a Stevens Visible Loader often in the back yard...... much quieter than my Walther CP22 air pistol....
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 3:08:58 AM EDT
[#22]
They are quiet as F, but you better know your DOPE for 'em.  They don't have much "oomph" behind them.

I love shooting them out of my Marlin bolt gun with a can.  "Click" -----  "Thwack".  

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I don’t have the numbers memorized.  

I chronoed the 710s from a 16 and 10.5 inch barrel and the velocity drop was significant.   I’m thinking it was half, but I’m not 100% sure.  

The FireFly bolt does cycle but it’s aluminum and a couple hundred rounds.   Well, it shows that it’s aluminum.   Volquartsen discontinued the Fire Fly, of course I have no idea why.  

I would like to try the 710s from a lever action but I don’t know anyone that has one.  

The 710s did not group well, but they were good enough.   This was out of a 77/22 with a 20 inch Lilja barrel.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:23:40 AM EDT
[#24]
I've had terrible luck getting them to shoot accurately. They're very fun for the giggle factor, and shooting pop bottles at close range, but shooting anything further than 20 yards is basically impossible for me with a Ruger Mk 2 or a GP revolver, both of which are laser beams with standard velocity ammo.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:24:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Of course with a bolt action rifle, they're absurdly quiet. Literally just the click of the firing pin and a soft thump on the dirt which vanishes with any background noise at all.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I use them with my Ruger American and Silencerco Warlock II. On a quiet day, you can hear the bullets zipping through the air.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:13:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Extremely quiet!!

The Ultimate Browning Buckmark 22LR Pistol | Tandemkross

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top