Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2022 5:10:04 PM EDT
I feel like i might just be a reject.. So help me understand if its a design problem or if im just lacking.

With the bolt locked back i cant seem to sit a new clip in the stripper guide. It feels like i need to pull the bolt back just a bit then insert the stripper..

Then it locks up tight and i can do the needfull.

Am i just being a bitch and need to slam that home, is that a thing or am i just a retard?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I just tried duplicating this issue and failed. Then a light bulb came on where at least 10 years ago this happened to a friend's-we discovered it to be lack of lubrication. So I just stripped mine and cleaned out the oil... low and behold the bolt doesn't go back fully on the last round hold open, so you have to manually pull back. In this position the stripper clip just contacts the extractor. I took one photo of it stuck back:
Attachment Attached File

May not be your exact issue but it's all I could come up with.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just tried duplicating this issue and failed. Then a light bulb came on where at least 10 years ago this happened to a friend's-we discovered it to be lack of lubrication. So I just stripped mine and cleaned out the oil... low and behold the bolt doesn't go back fully on the last round hold open, so you have to manually pull back. In this position the stripper clip just contacts the extractor. I took one photo of it stuck back:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/130522/Screenshot_20220409-143221_Gallery_jpg-2343345.JPG

May not be your exact issue but it's all I could come up with.
View Quote

that feels right. I mean there is a slight bevel on the extractor so i could muscle it through to push it back and maybe that is the natural order of things... But felt wrong to push that thing this hard.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#3]
You know.. When i just jacked it back and let it go like a normal semi auto i had this issue. But after your suggestion, i pulled it back, held it for a second then let it go and it did not happen.. So yea feel like a slow surface not properly lubed.. Thanks man!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top