Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2020 12:12:07 PM EDT
Found some Winchester SPM primers locally for $50 for 1K. I got 1K for now but should I buy more or is there a good chance within the next 6 months or so the demand should be over and they will be back to normal prices?
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d buy them at $50, if you think you will need them in the next year. Depending on 11/2 this could get a lot worse.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’d buy them at $50, if you think you will need them in the next year. Depending on 11/2 this could get a lot worse.
View Quote

This depending what you already have.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy...

There's savants on GunBroker selling primers for $210. per 1,000 and getting it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Buy...

There's savants on GunBroker selling primers for $210. per 1,000 and getting it.
View Quote

I seriously regret trying to get into reloading right now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw 2 sleeves of CCI 400s at the gun show a few weeks back. I grimaced at the 50$ price tag but they still went home with me. Even at that price it bolstered up the reserved just a tad bit more.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Buy them even though it's a horrible price. Things won't be better 6 months from now just due to production, much less the results of the election.

It's better to have them even at that price, then not be able to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buy...

I'm starting to feel the same way.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buy...

I started in the last component drought. Its not really that bad and its a teaching lesson. In how to be resourceful, in how to value components regardless of the cost or availability. How to find and use alternate components. 9 months ago reloaders were getting poo-pood on because factory ammo was so cheap. Well yeah... and so was all the reloading stuff.  Its a little frustrating at times if you need something but it makes you appreciate the good times and hopefully teaches one to stack back necessary items for times like this.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I started in the last component drought. Its not really that bad and its a teaching lesson. In how to be resourceful, in how to value components regardless of the cost or availability. How to find and use alternate components. 9 months ago reloaders were getting poo-pood on because factory ammo was so cheap. Well yeah... and so was all the reloading stuff.  Its a little frustrating at times if you need something but it makes you appreciate the good times and hopefully teaches one to stack back necessary items for times like this.
View Quote

Some of us put it off mid winter, because salad days. Then they made up the 'rona. Then all hell broke loose. Then I put it off more, because of the inflated prices. It will be a good while before I run out of loaded ammo or components, but damn.

I just hope this ends sooner than later and all the neckbeards have to live with their 21 cent primers. Have fun reloading 9mm for 47cpr when we can buy factory for 18cpr again. Bastards.

I don't mind guys with the wallet who bought cases, even ones who stocked shelves, but there's a special place in hell for the real neckbeards. OTOH, I'm laughing my ass off figuring these idiots buying them at those prices from the neckbeards.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a customer here who owns a sporting goods store and what he told me is, he's spoken with all the big manufacturers and DESPITE the election, we should not expect the supply chains to go back to normal. Ever.

That the supply of primers may get marginally better but not much. We may be seeing the new normal through 2021.

That's what I was told. I hope it's just a gloomy outlook.

I was lucky to find 2 boxes of Winchester SRP online a couple weeks ago. Could've gotten 5,000 last week but didn't have the cash to spare before they sold out. And got even luckier when an RSO from my local range offered to sell me a box of CCI 400 for $40.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a customer here who owns a sporting goods store and what he told me is, he's spoken with all the big manufacturers and DESPITE the election, we should not expect the supply chains to go back to normal. Ever.

That the supply of primers may get marginally better but not much. We may be seeing the new normal through 2021.

I was lucky to find 2 boxes of Winchester SRP online a couple weeks ago. Could've gotten 5,000 last week but didn't have the cash to spare before they sold out. And got even luckier when an RSO from my local range offered to sell me a box of CCI 400 for $40.
View Quote

See, I'll pay $40 for standard primers, $50 for match or #34/41, that's not a huge deal. But GTFO $200. They don't realize how much they're inflating prices and screwing themselves later.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ever is a long time, I remember hearing the same bs during every past shortage.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#13]
The deals are out there...
They’re just harder to find and get sold way faster.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

See, I'll pay $40 for standard primers, $50 for match or #34/41, that's not a huge deal. But GTFO $200. They don't realize how much they're inflating prices and screwing themselves later.
View Quote

Nah, some people may be sitting on a couple 100,000 primers and and just may want to make some extra bank. Knew a father and son that would do pin shoots at a local indoor range me and my brother would attend on Tuesday nights.

Combined they shot about 60k rounds of pistol ammo a year between practice and comps in there race guns. I have on hand about 50k primers of SPP, SRP and couple thou CCI 350's for the 458 Socom. But I'm a low volume shooter and will last my lifetime

I seen it coming last Jan/Feb and placed a decent order from Bruno's in AZ
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#15]
But I did help a semi local gent out(Kansas). He placed a WTT add for SPP for SRP. Even trade, gave him 1k of WIN SPP and he gave me in return 1k of Rem 7 1/2 SRP(which I use also) win win for both of us

I'll gladly barter to help out another fellow non communist American
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top