User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By svt40:
Thank you to everyone who posted.  There is a lot of food for thought here and some great information.

However, I have decided to go a different route.  Going to get a TG36C.  Another iconic firearm that I have wanted for ages.  I figure the TG36 will be much harder to get as time goes by while the bullpups discussed here will be much easier to find in the near future.
View Quote

Ughhhh…  Well have fun I guess.  I have years of serious G36 usage under my belt, and there is no way would I choose it over an AUG.

I do want one for nostalgia factor though.  But the ergonomics suck horribly, especially the controls/selector.  Might be better with a semi auto only version, but I doubt it is much better.  Trigger was meh at best, no better than the AUG….  Plastic optic mount rail = garbage.  Reliable as hell though.  Not sure if the G36 barrel to plastic trunnion issue was more of a problem than the Eotechs, but either way there was a lot of chasing the zero around, frustrating when you want something rock solid.  The HK mags can crack as well, never saw one totally fail though.  The 416 is so much better…
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
LOLOLOL..that expresses EXACTLY what I was thinking!!!  LOLOLOLOL!!!

Here's a band aid for us:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23042/COMPARE--1280x853--169190.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

I think i can speak for all of us in the bullpup forum when I say

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eh-TLEAUwAEHnhp.png

< j k '> enjoy it!
LOLOLOL..that expresses EXACTLY what I was thinking!!!  LOLOLOLOL!!!

Here's a band aid for us:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23042/COMPARE--1280x853--169190.jpg

That is bad ass!  

Also, your structure and organizational skills are a whole other level - impressive.  But ...  what do you shoot on August 9th?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]

That is bad ass!  

Also, your structure and organizational skills are a whole other level - impressive.  But ...  what do you shoot on August 9th?
View Quote
AUG9 isn't the problem.....10 and above, however.....  ( AU10, AU11, etc. )
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:49:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I will say you guys are much more friendly than the folks in the HK sub-forum.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By svt40:
I will say you guys are much more friendly than the folks in the HK sub-forum.
View Quote

Aw I haven't haven't too much trouble ther.... oh - crap, is that a bad sign?  
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#6]
i heard the SAR is more accurate than the x95. dunno if that's true but if so, that's probably the best one on the market for 5.56. hellion in second
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#7]
How about a NATO Aug with TR24?
Attachment Attached File

Saving for a ACOG
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#8]
After everything that's going on with the rifles coming out of Steyr US, I'd avoid them like the plague.  That's probably being overdramatic but they are not the same rifle they were a few years ago.  

I'd do the X95.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Dissident:
After everything that's going on with the rifles coming out of Steyr US, I'd avoid them like the plague.  That's probably being overdramatic but they are not the same rifle they were a few years ago.  

I'd do the X95.
View Quote

I am sad to hear you say that.

I'm also not prepared to say you are wrong.   I don't know.    Though again, the sleeper in the room is actually the RDB.  I've got a lot of rounds on bullpups, and for my style and priority lists (for me), the RDB is the one I run now; and the Pre-COVID AUG is now packed away.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#10]

I'm also not prepared to say you are wrong.   I don't know.    Though again, the sleeper in the room is actually the RDB.  I've got a lot of rounds on bullpups, and for my style and priority lists (for me), the RDB is the one I run now; and the Pre-COVID AUG is now packed away.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'd do the X95.

It made me sad to have come to that conclusion.  Steyr US made this into a hobbiest gun.   They took a fighting rifle and cheapened it.   Right or wrong, that’s the way I feel.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#11]

I'd do the X95.
View Quote

Not sure how you figured that but that’s fine.  I shot the x95 and was not that impressed, liked the Aug better.
Other than being shorter, none are better than a AR.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#12]

It made me sad to have come to that conclusion.  Steyr US made this into a hobbiest gun.   They took a fighting rifle and cheapened it.   Right or wrong, that's the way I feel.
View Quote
Think about it.  50 years of a STELLAR reputation ruined by ( in my opinion ) and MBA who got a cookie for, say, saving Steyr 50 cents per stock by using a material that "Just as good!  Only Cheaper!!!!" (or something like this scenario)

Great move there, Steyr!  

I went with this for my second bull pup instead of another AUG:

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top