Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2018 4:45:19 PM EDT
I have used X-Treme bullets for several years. Tried Berry's a few years ago and was not happy with how they shot.  Found out today that they, X-Treme bullets, cancelled me latest order, because they do not ship to Alaska.  That is something new, as I have ordered/received many orders in the last several years.
Now the question, I need ideas for a good, inexpensive bullets for reloading.  Currently I am loading for Glock pistols, 9 MM (about 3500 rounds yearly), 40 S&W(about 1500 rounds yearly), 10 MM( about 3500-4000 rounds yearly) and 45 ACP(10,000-12,000 rounds yearly).  Just about all of my shooting in on an indoor range.  Would prefer to not shoot strictly cast bullets, hence plated or coated.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I know this may not answer your question, but why not cast and coat them yourself? I finally did and wonder why it took me so long to jump into it.

To answer your question,  I used a lot of eggleston munitions bullets before.  I was happy with them. I do not know if they ship to Alaska. I have also used Missouri bullet company. They worked good as well
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I always like Everglades ammo. They offer fmj or plated. Every Black Friday they have had 20% off store wide. So 115 plated 9mm bullets for less than .06 cents shipped
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 12:31:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know this may not answer your question, but why not cast and coat them yourself? I finally did and wonder why it took me so long to jump into it.

To answer your question,  I used a lot of eggleston munitions bullets before.  I was happy with them. I do not know if they ship to Alaska. I have also used Missouri bullet company. They worked good as well
View Quote
While I have a fair amount of lead, I am not willing to use the time.  Besides, lead levels are a little on the high side, so .........more then willing to spend a little money of good bullets.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 12:49:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 1:26:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Thebluebullets and Gallant both make a quality coated product and offer some USPS flat rate options so AK shouldn't be an issue.
The only thing I don't miss about the place.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 2:00:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

While I have a fair amount of lead, I am not willing to use the time.  Besides, lead levels are a little on the high side, so .........more then willing to spend a little money of good bullets.
View Quote
Unless you’re taste testing your work, lead exposure should be fairly minimum from casting, assuming you follow good safety practices (decent ventilation, washing your hands thoroughly after, no eating/drinking while casting, etc).

I can understand wanting ready made though. The coating process can be time consuming compared to just lubrisizing.  I use Hi-Tek.  Comes as a powder, mix it with acetone and shake. Two to three coats usually does the trick. Needs to cook after each coat.

You’re elevated lead levels are most likely from the indoor range.  A lot don’t have proper ventilation. I was shocked how poorly one of the local ones was ventilated after firing a mag of cast and lubed 9mm. The cloud lingered long enough I won’t be returning.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I second Dryflash's recommendation of RMR bullets. Great products and great guys to deal with. The service is just amazing with lightening fast shipping. These guys are my go-to for jacketed and plated bullets.

For coated, I use Black Bullets International, but have also had great success with Blue Bullets, SNS, Bayou, Eggleston and Everglades.

• Black = Great bullets, great price

• Eggleston = My favorite of the bunch, but expensive

• Blue = Great bullets, decent price, but a little more expensive than the Black Bullets

• Bayou = Lots of options with regard to size and weight (esp. for .40). Nice looking bullets

Link Posted: 9/18/2018 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Coated lead (Hi-tek) ftw.

I prefer Black Bullets International.

full disclosure:  I shoot for Team BBI but I used them long before I was sponsored and would continue to shoot them even if I were not sponsored.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I second Dryflash's recommendation of RMR bullets. Great products and great guys to deal with. The service is just amazing with lightening fast shipping. These guys are my go-to for jacketed and plated bullets.

For coated, I use Black Bullets International, but have also had great success with Blue Bullets, SNS, Bayou, Eggleston and Everglades.

• Black = Great bullets, great price

• Eggleston = My favorite of the bunch, but expensive

• Blue = Great bullets, decent price, but a little more expensive than the Black Bullets

• Bayou = Lots of options with regard to size and weight (esp. for .40). Nice looking bullets

View Quote
Eggleston code BIGGUNNER81 for 15% off, makes them cheaper than most I've seen especially if you buy by the big packs of a few thousand.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Eggleston code BIGGUNNER81 for 15% off, makes them cheaper than most I've seen especially if you buy by the big packs of a few thousand.
View Quote
Wow! If that works, this is BIG news!!! Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wow! If that works, this is BIG news!!! Thanks!
View Quote
10% off for me, but still neat. Experimenting with some Bayou's right now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I used to drive to the Xtreme facility in Mound House, NV and pick up my bullet orders.  Even before they were Xtreme.   Appears that is closed now.  I still get email from them so I guess Xtreme sells bullets from elsewhere.

Based on recommendations here I placed an order with RMR last Wednesday.  Bullets were shipped Thursday and I had them Saturday.  Boy, the USPS must hate those guys.  Anyway, nice looking bullets and they shoot great.  Very satisfied with RMR and will order from them again.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is an update that I got from X-Treme.  They have taken Alaska off there online ordering and the only way to order bullets from them is to call the order desk and they will figure the shipping cost.  Also they will not ship flat rate, claimed that it was not is their system to do so.  That really sucks, so guess no more X-Treme bullets here.
There have been some good suggestions on other brands, so will start looking at them.
Thanks for the suggestions!
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Missouri bullet company coated. Not sure if they ship to AK.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:58:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Missouri bullet company coated. Not sure if they ship to AK.
View Quote
They only ship USPS and with flat rate boxes you can get 4 boxes in Med Flat Rate Box
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top