Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2022 2:25:14 PM EDT
My go-to 9mm subsonic load has been a 147gr heavy plate flat point bullet by Rocky Mtn over 3.2gr TiteGroup with a 1.13 OAL.  This has worked great in my sig 226, gen 4 Glock 34, and 9mm ARs.  However, I just picked up a PSA Dagger that seems to have a very short chamber that won't even chamber my 124gr flat points at 1.09 OAL.

I'm thinking about using up my remaining 147 gr flatpoints and going to a round nose.  RMR has some 135 gr round nose and 147 gr round nose, but I don't want to order if they're not going to chamber.

Does anyone have a bullet profile that works well with the PSA Dagger for heavy subs?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks @dryflash3, I've setup a few dummy rounds and the PSA seems to like an OAL of around 1.065 with the flat points.  My main concern is going that short with the OAL and causing overpressure situations.  Sounds like I just need to size a few down to 1.065 and run a few rounds and see if I have any signs of overpressure.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Get touch with PSA's customer service.  They had some short-chambered barrels go out earlier.  They may send you a new barrel.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get touch with PSA's customer service.  They had some short-chambered barrels go out earlier.  They may send you a new barrel.
View Quote
Good call, I reached out to them and they weren't aware of the issue on my particular barrel.  I'm going to work up a few loads on a round nose profile and see how it works.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:08:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top