Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2018 12:45:14 PM EDT
Now that I have started the process on a suppressor (just need to get to a silencershop kiosk for prints) I am adventuring into the world of SBR's. I want to get a 300 blackout SBR but id like to build it if I start now maybe I can have both stamps around the same time.

I've done alot of reading up on it and I've read that I will need to have my full name, city, and state engraved on the lower once I get the stamp back. Is this still the case? Everything ive read about it is coming from old posts back in 2012. Did the process change at all? Can I file the forms myself or do i need to go through a class 3 dealer?

The other thing i have considered is just buying a pistol complete. I see PSA is offering one for fairly cheap, money isn't really my concern, but if I can have a $500 SBR that functions the same as a $1500 SBR why not. More money for more guns is my thinking. So I guess my other question is how well do the PSA pistols function? Ill mainly be using this for hog hunting between 100-150 yards as well as home defense.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8-5-pistol-length-300aac-blackout-1-8-phosphate-2a-armament-7-keymod-classic-sob-pistol-5165447519.html

Thanks in advance,
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Sending my first form 1 for an SBR off today and a form 4 for a suppressor in a couple weeks.

We're in this together
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Tigwelder1971
Thank you I was looking for the SBR section guess i didnt look hard enough. Surely someone in this section has had experience with the PSA pistols.

Young_Un
Nice,
What suppressor are you looking at going with? I went with the Rugged Surge 762. The warranty is what got me also a buddy of mine was getting the omega so it will be a chance to shoot them side by side see the difference. I also wanted a suppressor i could put on a shorter barrel The surge is rated for a 7" barrel.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#5]
You don't need to go through a dealer. You just need to print out a Form 1 from the ATF website and fill it out with all the proper info. You'd then include two passport photos and two completed FD258 fingerprint cards along with payment ($200). Mail two copies along with the photos/prints/payment to the ATF address on the Form 1 and one copy to your local Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO). That's it. Sit back and wait.

As far as the quality of pistols, they are just like any other AR: you can build them as cheaply or as expensive as you want. Many people choose to go the pistol route while waiting for their F1 to be approved. That's what I did, personally. I don't have any experience with PSA, but from the general response I've seen they are reasonably good quality for the price. You always have the option of buying a stripped lower from one of the many reputable manufacturers and putting together your own pistol if the PSA might not be the quality level you're looking for. If I were to go the PSA route, I'd at the very least be replacing the trigger with a Geissele.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top