Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2018 7:37:38 PM EDT
Bought this years ago cheap and never messed with it. Can't decide, if I to regrind the end should I go with a tanto point or original? Send back to buck and get a new one?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would Buck send you a new one?
But if that's an option why would you even ask?
Get the new one.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a buck folder when I was in the Navy. I sharpened the blade until the point was exposed even when closed. They replace the blade and because the original blade was engraved by my chief, they sent the old blade back to me. No charge. Buck is awesome!
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd exchange it for new, but if I had to register eg ine it I'd save as much of the original edge as I could so sheepsfoot or warncliff. Maybe just redo the false edge and shift the tip a little.
I think a tango would give up too much blade length, and wouldn't look that great with the original style.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#4]
How about grinding the broken area into a decent pry-bar like end?  When I needed to take a dive knife to Bermuda I re-profiled the blade for prying and to look less tactical.

Paladin
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would Buck send you a new one?
But if that's an option why would you even ask?
Get the new one.
View Quote
I think they will send one out at a lesser cost. But would the new one be USA made?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I broke the tip off a folder many years ago trying to pry a steel door in the floor open in a warehouse. I reground the tip contour. You cant even tell now.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 1:48:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:41:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Found some pictures of knifes people reground after breaking the tip. If done right they can look good. I'm going that route for now.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top