Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2022 4:06:25 PM EDT
So I saw the other bubba'd m1 carbine and it reminded me of this Winchester I rescued from a pawn shop in rock Hill, SC. Tender tummies must stop scrolling.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/15/2022 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, that is beyond cringeworthy. What a shame.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Was it blued or is it still in the GI park?. If the latter I would just find a decent stock for it. If blued you could always go with a repark like I did. Shuff's is actually cheaper than Fulton Armory, I used FA because I've had them do work on Carbines before and trust them
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't bothered to take the furniture off but it all looks like GI park besides the bayo lug which looks painted kinda.

It's also a blue sky import as well. This poor gun has been through a lot.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't bothered to take the furniture off but it all looks like GI park besides the bayo lug which looks painted kinda.

It's also a blue sky import as well. This poor gun has been through a lot.
View Quote

Depends on what you paid for it. I'd love to find a Blue Sky cheap, I've a good 1944 Inland barrel at home I could swap out
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I paid 500 for it maybe 4 years ago. I really wanted it for the conversation piece that it is. I still haven't figured out what the medallion is under the grip.

Oh, and those are brass rivets set into the handguard and fore end.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think I paid 500 for it maybe 4 years ago. I really wanted it for the conversation piece that it is. I still haven't figured out what the medallion is under the grip.

View Quote

Good price at the time. My main shooter Inland was a Blue. I had Fulton install a new barrel and tune it up and it runs like a scared jackrabbit now. I saw another that price I'd be ecstatic
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't even shot it yet. My safe is backlogged haha.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh, just shoot it and quit the handwringing.  Winchester made millions, no?
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oh, just shoot it and quit the handwringing.  Winchester made millions, no?
View Quote
It's not that. I just haven't had the time to take everything out and shoot all of it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, just enjoy it.

Several months ago I bought a late war Winchester whose muzzle was hopelessly ruined by a cleaning rod. Biding my time, a Winchester barrel popped up on eBay with a Buy It Now price of $100! I received it, installed it and now the Carbine shoots like a dream!
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:45:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I can’t imagine being proud of that work.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can’t imagine being proud of that work.
View Quote

Actually I would imagine whomever did it was. You have to remember, until 10-15 years ago Carbines were fairly common and not expensive. Their collector value has only taken off because supplies have dried up that are available for sale in the United States. If the Korean, Cuban (they used them) and Iranian (maybe there, I know they were provided with Garands) were available prices would be lower
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 4:57:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks like one of those "commemorative" rifles from the NRA

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Some day, in the very distant future, that will be in a museum as an example of "primitive arts & crafts" work done by people of the former USofA to adorn the firearms they so treasured.  It just takes time; more time than you or I are given, more than a lifetime.

Something like this, sort of:

Viking Ulfberht swords

Native American rifle
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 12:24:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Depends on what you paid for it. I'd love to find a Blue Sky cheap, I've a good 1944 Inland barrel at home I could swap out
View Quote

My buddy has a Blue Sky and it shoots fine.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some do and some don't, it depends on how worn they are and how bad the barrel stamp was. I'd like a Inland cheap enough where I could use that spare barrel.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is the date on the medallion 30/03/1698?

Surely not..
My eyes must be really bad
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Wouldn't suprise me if it was hanging on a wall in a VFW with that plate on the side. I've seen something similar before in one.

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wouldn't suprise me if it was hanging on a wall in a VFW with that plate on the side. I've seen something similar before in one.

View Quote

That's what I was thinking too.  Never set foot in a VFW club before but I have always imagined there would be some rifle done up like that from the era when they were $35 hanging behind the bar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top