Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
 A Harbor Freight pallet jack would handle it stupid easy.  3000 isn't much at all if you know what you are doing.  
View Quote
A)  You're assuming that a gun safe retailer "knows what they're doing".

B)  Sure.  It's easy to move it around the showroom on a pallet jack.  How are they getting it to your home?  I move stuff like this all of the time, and each one of my rigs represents about $150,000 worth of equipment.  Your average gun safe retailer doesn't have any of this.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A)  You're assuming that a gun safe retailer "knows what they're doing".

B)  Sure.  It's easy to move it around the showroom on a pallet jack.  How are they getting it to your home?  I move stuff like this all of the time, and each one of my rigs represents about $150,000 worth of equipment.  Your average gun safe retailer doesn't have any of this.
View Quote
They probably farm it out to someone.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's a TL30X6 that would probably work for a few ARs and some pistols on a top shelf.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/hvo/d/tl-30x6-vault-gun-safe-heavy/6452498862.html

Unfortunately such safes don't offer much in the way of storage vs the amount of space they take up. This is one of the things that interests me most about the new Browning.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Here are the Hollon listings for two sizes of TL-15 safes.  Both appear to be equipped for gun safe use although I'm not seeing anything as far as interior layout is concerned.  Would it have been a big deal to take a photo of a safe with the door open?

http://hollonsafe.com/tl-15-gun-vault/
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I talked to Mark from the Safe House in TN this afternoon about these safes.  He said he's sold a couple of them and, as far as he knows, the purchasers have been happy.  He understands our concern about these safes coming from China but says he's been pleased with the quality of the TL-30 and the other Chinese imports he's sold under the Browning banner.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here are the Hollon listings for two sizes of TL-15 safes.  Both appear to be equipped for gun safe use although I'm not seeing anything as far as interior layout is concerned.  Would it have been a big deal to take a photo of a safe with the door open?

http://hollonsafe.com/tl-15-gun-vault/
View Quote
A dealer in town carries Hollon, I want a looked at one in person.  They only Black Hawk (typical RSC) in stock, no TLs.  From what I can tell, they "assemble" in the US.  That works for the RSCs but I dont know if they is actually the case for the TLs.  It may be that they are just doing the interior work.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont know if they is actually the case for the TLs. It may be that they are just doing the interior work.  
View Quote
I believe they are doing the same thing with the TLs as they are with the other.  As such, they also hold their own UL ratings on those safes.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A dealer in town carries Hollon, I want a looked at one in person.  They only Black Hawk (typical RSC) in stock, no TLs.  From what I can tell, they "assemble" in the US.  That works for the RSCs but I dont know if they is actually the case for the TLs.  It may be that they are just doing the interior work.
View Quote
There's a Hollon dealer close to me too. But the store doesn't carry anything other than small office type safes.

I asked the sales guy about Hollon gun safes but he didn't even know Hollon made any. I think I'll call tomorrow and talk to the owner. See what he can tell me about price, etc.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't get a chance to check pricing through my local Hollon dealer but I did call the company in Texas. The nice lady I spoke with was happy to take my call and answer questions.

From what she told me, the safe shell is imported from Vietnam and the finish work and assembly is done in Texas. While we knew the Hollon uses "global" parts I guess we all assumed that meant China.

On a related note,  I also talked to Mr Bob Weeks at Pro Steel in Utah. As we already know the new Browning safe is made and tested in China and is imported. Once here the Axis interior is installed. Browning tested the safe here in the States to determine the fire rating.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top