Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2023 9:43:32 AM EDT
I’ve been searching high and low for a BLR takedown in .308 and have come up empty. Anyone have a lead on one besides some absurd price on GB?
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  Unfortunately BLRs like a lot of other lever guns became exceedingly hard to find after the pandemic.  Prior to the pandemic you could find the stainless pistol grip BLRs for under $1,000.  Now they're $1,500+ if you can find one.  Takedowns are the same way.  They were a bit over $1,000 prior to the pandemic and even then weren't super common.  Right now I'd say you'd just have to be patient and scout the websites and wait for something to pop up that you want at a price you're comfortable with, unfortunately.

ETA: Another thing to remember too is BLRs are a gun that comes in in batches.  Even prior to the pandemic they'd be everywhere for a few months until inventory slowly decreases then they'd be hard to find for a few months until a new batch came in and prices would go up a little bit until the next batch hit.  With COVID hammering everything I assume they're also just making them in lower volume now, too.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Might check any of the big box stores that list their used guns online like cabelas. Might get lucky. Won't be cheap but might be less than full gunbroker.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:35:37 AM EDT
[#3]
My shop just got two 308 takedown laminate stainless models in from Browning. I ordered them 1.5 years ago. Kept one myself, very nice rifle but haven't shot it yet

ETA shot it for the first time tonight. the thing kicks like a mule. Feels more like a 45-70
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My shop just got two 308 takedown laminate stainless models in from Browning. I ordered them 1.5 years ago. Kept one myself, very nice rifle but haven't shot it yet

ETA shot it for the first time tonight. the thing kicks like a mule. Feels more like a 45-70
View Quote
Make a thread and post some pictures.  We'll make you famous.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top