Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2018 2:15:06 PM EDT
So i am building a Brownells slide and per the directions it states that it uses a firing pin channel liner. However in my slide it does not fit. Has anyone else built one?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 2:22:52 PM EDT
[#1]
As in it won't go in at all, or it won't seat all the way?  Are you using a channel liner installation tool?  Did you shine a light in the channel and make sure there wasn't already one installed?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#2]
My feeling is that though the directions on Brownells say it needs it that it already comes installed or is not needed. It is not physically possible to put it in.  I have rebuilt a ton of them in the past.  Just not sure about the brownells slide.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
They are a tight fit.  Are you using the special tool?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
If you have a newer one ( mine arrived a month ago) it will have one in it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I received mine in March with no liner installed.  It was crazy right to get it in.  I cracked the first one before I got the right tool.  It actually cracked with very little force.  If its tight, you need the tool.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 10:57:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I tried to install mine without a channel liner tool and ruined it. When I ordered one to replace it, I also ordered the tool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top