Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2021 8:29:28 AM EDT
I am re-finishing some Sig P226 and Sig P228 magazines I bought from Gun Magog Warehouse. Four of the “Good “magazines had a bit of rust so I dropped them in Evapo-Rust and all rust came off immediately. Unfortunately the fish came off also, so I decided to re-do them using Brownells Alumi-Hyde II. Now the instructions say after finishing spraying, let them sit for ten days while the epoxy cures, others say put them in low heat which helps cut down the time for the epoxy to dry into metal. Four of the Mags i pre-heated to 200 degrees, then applied the semi-black finish. Two of the magazines I placed in my oven for eight hours at 200 degrees to he,o cure, and the others I sprayed, waited an hour, and also put them in the oven for a long duration of time. The two Mags i didn’t touch, Ana’s believe it or not, the glossy sheen is gone it’s the baking time. My question is how long do I wait until I can touch them and assemble them? They are sitting hanging in my garage until it is recommended to use and the epoxy dried. Any thoughts on the heat and if it cut down of drying time? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Baking time is 3 hrs at 195 degrees, you can handle the part immediately after baking.  Your cooking your parts way too long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top