Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2023 3:50:15 PM EDT
Has anyone bought from Brown Safe Co?  Reviews for readily available off-the-shelf gun safes from big box stores were all over the place and didn't instill much confidence in product security and long-term electronic lock operation.  I've not found any discussions on here about Brown gun safes so appreciate any insight on the product.  

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:44:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SirPsycho] [#1]
I've also been trying to find more info and reviews for Brown Safe. I'm looking at their vault doors and it's been limited on what I can find in the wild. I did call them with a few questions and they were helpful but I'm still trying to find more real world user info before pulling the trigger. If I locate a good source i will let you know.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 3:25:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krecon1] [#2]
There are a few folks here with Brown safes - including me.  Brown builds a quality safe and uses proven methods and materials.  Their steel is plate steel - 1/2" to 1 1/2" depending on what level you want; fire protection is a poured, concrete like material.  Bolt linkages are actually supported and ride in a supported carrier, not a thin sheet metal carriage.  Even their lower cost "tactical safes" still use 1/4" plate on the body and 1/2" steel for the door.  They don't get a lot of press due to the cost.  Even their basic safes of comparable size cose 3-4x more than a Liberty of other "top" brand.  You won't go wrong with a Brown safe, but you will be paying for what you get.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 4:38:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#3]
Brown Safe

Pick your budget and features.  I bought mine from their Escondido store before they expanded into a huge building.  I put eyes and hands on them, ordered a custom size, and they delivered and installed it in my house. I have since moved the safe, and I am glad I got to see the equipment and techniques used to move it. One thing they impressed upon me: no matter how big and heavy your safe may be, bolt the fucker down. (Prior to this I owned a Browning)

I bought mine with plain paint and no interior.  I could not give a product a higher recommendation. Like everyone here will tell you, buy double the size you need, or just immediately start planning for your second safe. No matter what you do, you are likely to outgrow it.

Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Your safe looks amazing. I have heard great things about Brown Safes.
I am in the market for a TL30 type safe and found a nice one. Refurbished and warrantied. Weighs 4500 pounds. But it doesn’t have bolt down holes.  Some people I’ve talked with at a jewelry store said their TL30 didn’t have bolt down holes either and that the safe company that sold it to them said it didn’t matter at that weight safe. That any equipment that could easily move a 4500 pound safe would most likely break the bolts if it was bolted to the foundation.

Is this just salesman BS, or is there something to this?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top