Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2019 9:44:05 PM EDT
Sorting headstamps from years of collecting.

Trying to get some guidance on preferences, have a fair amount of LC & various other military headstamp as well as commercial.  Shooting in 2 AR's  as well as 3 bolt guns.

What headstamps should I put first, those that should be used for bolt guns, what should be used when I may not be able to collect my brass & what to pitch.

Any help will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]
LC all the way.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a fair amount of PSD, some TAA & some that appear to be FC nato (definitely different than the FC .223)

Agreed on the Amerc, found that out with some .357 mag a few years ago
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Lake city
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I purchase once fired military brass. Its generally mixed LC (predominantly), WCC, FC and TAA over the years. I separate out the LC and everything else is just marked mixed military brass. 500 cases per freezer bag, 4 bags each in plastic stackable totes prepped and ready to load. I havent had the ambition to go back through the accumulated stockpile and resort the mixed military into its own batches by headstamp yet. All the commercial .223 is batched separately but not by head stamp and is mostly just mid loaded plinking fodder. Any serious loads or testing is done in LC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top