Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2023 2:26:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thor]
For most this is a relatively simple question. My workshop/office is on the property my home is built on so Residential: Single Family Dwelling would be the assumed default. However, my home/property is not legally zoned that way. It’s not zoned at all. My county has absolute zero zoning period. Not even for agriculture. This was confirmed via county website, phone call, and in person. No county zoning department and no county zoning map even exist. I got directed to record keeping and ended up in what looked like an ancient library and a woman who stated “You’re in rual Alabama, honey. There is no zoning.” Zoning falls to the city, and I’m outside city limits thus excluded from their zoning map. I went to the city building department to confirm as well.

Thoughts? Should I select Other and put “not zoned” and submit a copy of the webpage and city zoning map? Just provide the info during the interview?

Edit: I also contacted ATF Licensing but they were unable to help. Told me to contact my local office but they are only open on Tuesday. Really didn’t want to wait a week to get this all submitted.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Check "Single Family Dwelling".

ATF IOI's know that not every city/county has zoning.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
My property also is not zoned.  The local ATF IOI's know the lay of the land, so to speak.

Now that said, some properties do have specific deed restrictions or HOA covenants that would have to be listed, but it sounds like you don't have to worry about those either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top