Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2021 11:11:59 PM EDT
I received the used ARX100 rifle today (Monday) from my FFL - it arrived Saturday from the seller and today was the first day FFL was open.  Externally, cosmetically, the rifle looks great - though internals show it was definitely well-used.  Upon getting home, I field stripped it to check it over and noticed that the barrel looked a bit...  odd.  It isn't perfectly symmetrical with regard to the barrel hex nut, feedramps and the gas port (not sure I am using the correct terms).  I took several pics from various angles to try to show what I mean and used some arrows and lines on a couple of the pics to highlight what I think may be issues.  Pics below.

I assume this is not normal?

Bottom of the barrel, looking down vertically - the piston is hidden under the barrel because it's vertical, but you can see the hex nut (?) and extension/chamber are skewed a bit to the side (they are tight - definitely not loose):

Top of the barrel, looking down vertically - piston and gas block are straight and aligned with the barrel, but again, you can see that the barrel hex nut (?) and the extension/chamber are not lined up with the gas port - they are canted to one side.

Pic of the barrel, looking from the chamber/extension end towards the front.  I couldn't get great focus on the extension, but it's still easy to see that it's canted to one side.  Second pic, I've added red lines to highlight what I mean.

Barrel fully seated (notice the gas block cant) - the last pic highlights it pretty well:

What am I in for to get this properly fixed or is this how it's supposed to be?
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's a thread from someone that experienced the same issue not that long ago... Beretta was unwilling to fix it so he ended up fixing it himself, but ADCO also offered to help.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Beretta-ARX-100-owners-sanity-check-please-/2-519325/
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine wasn’t either. As far as I’m concerned, it was just par for the (new Beretta) course. There are just too many other quality options available. I haven’t missed mine in the least.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top