Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is how the handguard and cocking handle interact when closed and an overall shot after the furniture changes.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:57:20 AM EDT
[#2]
If anyone is looking for another new PTR9cT without the brace, check this link:

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=131270
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Now sell those with out the case, sling, Mlok rail and sight tool for $1300 and you have the market cornered.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Agree. Case is nice but not needed.  I don't use it any more.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is a good price.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice price.  If PSA can figure this platform out that should bring some price pressure to the market, since PSA will probably sell them bare bones (no fancy forearm, rails, etc).
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#7]
My SB brace had some wiggle in it when locked open. Luckily, I had some 1/16 rubber backing that I cut and affixed to the back of the aluminum. Nice and sturdy now.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#8]
So I got a HK, POF and USA made wide forearm as well as the MKE slim forearm.  The USA wide handguard is molded too thin at the top.  It has to be pried apart to install.  The POF wide is rock solid and fits perfectly.  The HK wide is perfect and worth the extra cost.  The MKE slim handguard is very solid but ridiculously narrow.  It is also a tight fit to install when trying to rotate it upward into position.  At less than $40 for even the HK handguard it is the way to go.

I got a German made SEF Navy style lower grip housing on Gun Broker.  It needed additional clearance to fit the PTR stepped shelf but it looks the part better than the factory unit.  I like it better than the POF contoured SEF lower I already had.

For the rear of the 9CT, I bought an SB folding brace, an HK OEM pistol cap and an authentic B&T polymer stock adapter end cap to swap the folding brace onto.  The HK end cap has no buffer and looks similar to an A2 stock inside.  It is very solid without the 2 vent holes and much nicer than the Choate unit that comes on the PTR.  The Choate feels flimsy in comparison.  The SB brace is very nice but I don't like the aluminum adapter cap.  I painted my SB brace endcap with Aluma Hyde II to better match the painted gun but I will have the actual B&T polymer endcap adapter this Friday and will add the brace to it.

I also was looking at the rail wondering how difficult it would be to remove it, smooth the welds and refinish.  I didn't realize at first the rail is part of the rear sight base.  It looks like the rail is here to stay.

I have also been experimenting with changing the case foam.  I have cut the main foam to allow for the folding brace in the case.  I also cut the extra tab near where the paddle mag release would sit as the foam was tearing in that area.  The mag slots will also allow you to double stack the mags into the case as long as the 2 ends curve upward.  I currently have 3 mags in the case.

At this point, I am wondering what red dot to get.  This is a plinker so a cheap optic is fine.  I like the looks of the Sightmark mini shot pro with the rail as it looks to install and come off easily with no ridiculously high riser.  I thought about getting a Primary Arms micro dot for $89 but it cannot be removed without a tool.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I have not seen any review where 115gr. was used. Is this not reccommended?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I use 115gr ammo exclusively in mine. I had about 3 or 4 misfeeds with each of the first 2 or 3 mags, but since then, it runs 100%.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 2:51:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Its not the bullet weight but more of fact that weak ammo is usually the cheap 9mm 115gr stuff. These guns were designed to shoot stronger loaded 9mm (NATO spec, +P, etc.) and weak ammo can cause malfunctions.

I've been shooting 115gr NATO spec stuff I picked up from SGAmmo and have had zero issues.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:43:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone perform the ridiculous barrel break-in procedure in the PTR 9CT manual?
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does anyone perform the ridiculous barrel break-in procedure in the PTR 9CT manual?
View Quote
I did.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Was I supposed to read the manual?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Man, I'm looking for a Zenith but after reading up on these and actually being available it may fit the bill.

Edit: Nevermind... also not available.

What is the deal with these HK clones?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Man, I'm looking for a Zenith but after reading up on these and actually being available it may fit the bill.

View Quote
Atlantic still has the PTR 9C with brace in stock and Buds has the 9C and 9CT in stock?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:38:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Atlantic still has the PTR 9C with brace in stock and Buds has the 9C and 9CT in stock?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would kind of like the 9CT in case I ever fulfill the dream of moving to a free state.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:54:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Would kind of like the 9CT in case I ever fulfill the dream of moving to a free state.
View Quote
Buds has the 9CT in stock, under miscellaneous pistols.  Just search for PTR 9CT.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:07:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Buds has the 9CT in stock, under miscellaneous pistols.  Just search for PTR 9CT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not buying at that price, but thanks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Buds has a funky looking FDE one in stock, when did PTR start doing that?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#21]
MAP price on these is $1681...you should be able to find one for that or less. PM me if you’re seriously hunting.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Bud's does price matching. All you have to do is find a link or an auction to one with the cheapest price brand new and ask for that price to be matched.

I did that with a link to a GunBroker auction and got mine for under 1500 from buds. The price match request was Auto approved as well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:03:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bud's does price matching. All you have to do is find a link or an auction to one with the cheapest price brand new and ask for that price to be matched.

I did that with a link to a GunBroker auction and got mine for under 1500 from buds. The price match request was Auto approved as well.
View Quote
I was able to buy mine for $1435 shipped. Then I found the SB Tactical folding brace at Brownells for $144 to my door. After CC rewards of 2% I'm in it for a hair under $1550. I've already ordered the BFS binary, but I'm swimming in contemplation whether to order up an additional housing. If I do, I'm leaning towards a contoured grip. My understanding is I need a clipped and pinned housing for the PTR? The binary also requires an ejector and spring if I don't want to harvest off my oem trigger pack, correct?

It feels tits in manipulation and the welds/finish blow away the local offering in the LGS that has a clone from a company I've never heard of. That build looks like hammered dog shit from Mad Dog something or another or whatever their name is. SBTactical brace was extremely tight fitting and i had to file down internally where it met the receiver ever so slightly, followed by a love tap to seat. I guess the only downside to my PTR is my stock housing is being rubbed by my safety selector in Safe selection. Is this common?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I was able to buy mine for $1435 shipped. Then I found the SB Tactical folding brace at Brownells for $144 to my door. After CC rewards of 2% I'm in it for a hair under $1550. I've already ordered the BFS binary, but I'm swimming in contemplation whether to order up an additional housing. If I do, I'm leaning towards a contoured grip. My understanding is I need a clipped and pinned housing for the PTR? The binary also requires an ejector and spring if I don't want to harvest off my oem trigger pack, correct?

It feels tits in manipulation and the welds/finish blow away the local offering in the LGS that has a clone from a company I've never heard of. That build looks like hammered dog shit from Mad Dog something or another or whatever their name is. SBTactical brace was extremely tight fitting and i had to file down internally where it met the receiver ever so slightly, followed by a love tap to seat. I guess the only downside to my PTR is my stock housing is being rubbed by my safety selector in Safe selection. Is this common?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/268409/20181203_233249_jpg-760233.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/268409/20181204_010859_jpg-760235.JPG
View Quote
Yes, you will need a pinned and clipped housing.  You may also have to relieve it a bit more for the radius of the second step on the PTR shelf.

One of my selectors was doing the same.  It was the lever pinned onto the cross bolt and angled inward.  I put mine in a vise and tapped the lever outward very lightly and then sanded the rear detent and edges with 1000 grit paper to knock down sharp edges.  It's fine now.

I ended up applying a Dremel sanding drum on low to the inside of my brace cap and then the felt polishing wheel before Aluma Hyde II coating it.  All good now and only took a few seconds to make it fit perfectly.   If I didn't tell you I did it, you would assume I just painted it with no metal work.  Very minor mod.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:07:38 AM EDT
[#25]
I got mine last week. Sweet little gun.

Put 100 rounds though it the other day. It had a few FTF's on the last round but those were 147 gr. Remington UMC's which have given my other guns trouble before, fed 147 gr. JHP's no problem.

Sending out my Form 1 today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I got mine last week. Sweet little gun.

Put 100 rounds though it the other day. It had a few FTF's on the last round but those were 147 gr. Remington UMC's which have given my other guns trouble before, fed 147 gr. JHP's no problem.

Sending out my Form 1 today.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/455361/XK9merdJQhWFqNXrG19OCw_jpg-769428.JPG
View Quote
Very nice, I hear Form 1s are getting approved fairly quick.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Very nice, I hear Form 1s are getting approved fairly quick.
View Quote
Pre-government shutdown maybe...
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yes, you will need a pinned and clipped housing.  You may also have to relieve it a bit more for the radius of the second step on the PTR shelf.

One of my selectors was doing the same.  It was the lever pinned onto the cross bolt and angled inward.  I put mine in a vise and tapped the lever outward very lightly and then sanded the rear detent and edges with 1000 grit paper to knock down sharp edges.  It's fine now.

I ended up applying a Dremel sanding drum on low to the inside of my brace cap and then the felt polishing wheel before Aluma Hyde II coating it.  All good now and only took a few seconds to make it fit perfectly.   If I didn't tell you I did it, you would assume I just painted it with no metal work.  Very minor mod.
View Quote
I hope you can answer my question... I am purchasing a PTR 9CT soon, I have been gathering the parts, such as the SB brace, and slim forend in preparation. I prefer the look of the contoured lower/trigger pack. Is this all I need??

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/SP5K-MP5K-SEMI-AUTO-CLIPPED-PINNED-BLACK-SEF-LOWER-WITH-SELECTOR-p3592.htm

Once I get this, I just have to swap the trigger pack into it, is that correct? I appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 10:29:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I hope you can answer my question... I am purchasing a PTR 9CT soon, I have been gathering the parts, such as the SB brace, and slim forend in preparation. I prefer the look of the contoured lower/trigger pack. Is this all I need??

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/SP5K-MP5K-SEMI-AUTO-CLIPPED-PINNED-BLACK-SEF-LOWER-WITH-SELECTOR-p3592.htm

Once I get this, I just have to swap the trigger pack into it, is that correct? I appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks in advance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's POF brand but should be a direct replacement with no fitting or very minimal fitting required.  Personally, I went the APEX buy 4 surplus trigger housings and file a little off route for $31 shipped.  Used one on both my PTR 93 and the 9CT. I'll eventually color fill the selector markings.

Attachment Attached File

If the pinning bothers you, you can order a pin from Robert's for $2.50 (along with several other goodies you're bound to buy) or even Apex should have them and just epoxy it in and cut it down yourself when fitting the surplus housing to your 9CT.  I don't personally care about the pinning at the moment.  This is if you're alright having a SUO trigger housing instead of SEF.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@SolidCustom  That one will not work for you.  It fits a K model.  Look at where the rear pin hole is.  You would want the one below, but it is out-of-stock.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK91-93-94-SEMI-AUTO-CLIPPED-PINNED-BLACK-SEF-LOWER-WITH-SELECTOR-137p3590.htm

Since that one is out-of-stock I recommend this one from HK Parts.  It is German.  You'll probably need to lightly fit it near the front shelf relief.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-German-SEF-Grip-Frame-Clipped-Pinned-With-Finger-Grooves-242p165.htm
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:22:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
@SolidCustom  That one will not work for you.  It fits a K model.  Look at where the rear pin hole is.  You would want the one below, but it is out-of-stock.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK91-93-94-SEMI-AUTO-CLIPPED-PINNED-BLACK-SEF-LOWER-WITH-SELECTOR-137p3590.htm

Since that one is out-of-stock I recommend this one from HK Parts.  It is German.  You'll probably need to lightly fit it near the front shelf relief.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-German-SEF-Grip-Frame-Clipped-Pinned-With-Finger-Grooves-242p165.htm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good thing you chimed in...I overlooked the "K". Don't ever listen to Jagrmaister, kids.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Here is how the handguard and cocking handle interact when closed and an overall shot after the furniture changes.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/141180/Cocking_handle_closed-622035.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/141180/PTR_9CT-622036.JPG
View Quote
This is my only concern with the PTR. The cocking tubes are clocked inconsistently. I really want one, but I don’t want to have to modify parts to use a standard MP5 forearm. @atlantic-firearms if we order one and it is not clocked correctly, can we return it for a different one assuming our FFL sends it back?

If not, any dealers out there that will hand pick one for you?
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This is my only concern with the PTR. The cocking tubes are clocked inconsistently. I really want one, but I don’t want to have to modify parts to use a standard MP5 forearm. @atlantic-firearms if we order one and it is not clocked correctly, can we return it for a different one assuming our FFL sends it back?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/141180/Cocking_handle_closed-622035.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/141180/PTR_9CT-622036.JPG

Atlantic told me no cherry picking. I rolled the dice elsewhere. FWIW, My rubberized lever would rub slightly once I installed the wide grip forearm. It prevented the bolt from moving into place on slap and hung up on the forearm. I took a file to the underside of the lever to provide clearance. It is unnoticeable and took less than five minutes of my time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Atlantic told me no cherry picking. I rolled the dice elsewhere. FWIW, My rubberized lever would rub slightly once I installed the wide grip forearm. It prevented the bolt from moving into place on slap and hung up on the forearm. I took a file to the underside of the lever to provide clearance. It is unnoticeable and took less than five minutes of my time.
View Quote
I’m not talking hand selecting prior to shipment as much as returning an out of spec firearm for an exchange. I guess PTR may fix it.  Finding one in stock anywhere is a pretty slim to none chance.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's POF brand but should be a direct replacement with no fitting or very minimal fitting required.  Personally, I went the APEX buy 4 surplus trigger housings and file a little off route for $31 shipped.  Used one on both my PTR 93 and the 9CT. I'll eventually color fill the selector markings.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/268409/Screenshot_20181224-201402_png-784369.JPG

If the pinning bothers you, you can order a pin from Robert's for $2.50 (along with several other goodies you're bound to buy) or even Apex should have them and just epoxy it in and cut it down yourself when fitting the surplus housing to your 9CT.  I don't personally care about the pinning at the moment.  This is if you're alright having a SUO trigger housing instead of SEF.
View Quote
God damn, we're definitely twinning. I recently got the PTR C93, and 9CT and replaced the rail with a wide handguard, and the 4 pack of Apex trigger housings. Good to hear they fit both guns. What did you use to get them to fit? I'm thinking about ordering a burr set for the dremel but not sure if a simple sanding drum will do the trick.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 11:59:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
God damn, we're definitely twinning. I recently got the PTR C93, and 9CT and replaced the rail with a wide handguard, and the 4 pack of Apex trigger housings. Good to hear they fit both guns. What did you use to get them to fit? I'm thinking about ordering a burr set for the dremel but not sure if a simple sanding drum will do the trick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/268409/Screenshot_20181224-201402_png-784369.JPG

I used a hand file. One required very little work, 5 mins at most, while the other was a saw fest with the same file to get the ears to fit and not bind. It DID NOT want to fit and the ears are already thin on the housings so it was file a bit and then try to refit, then file a bit more and so on. I actually just remembered I requested one replacement from Apex as my one of four housings is cracked about an inch. Not sure it's worth the hassle or if I ever needed it I could just JB weld the crack to seal. They didn't provide me a return shipping label so is it worth another $7 for a housing I'll probably not use?

If we're twinning, did you also order a K3P? Just wanted to round out the clones. The 9CT gave me a real bad bug. It's phenomenal in every way.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Just gave me wet dreams. how much did this run
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Which push pin do I need in order to attach a wide handguard? Or does the gun already have one and I just switch out when the handguard arrives?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Which push pin do I need in order to attach a wide handguard? Or does the gun already have one and I just switch out when the handguard arrives?
View Quote
Standard small push pin. PTR rail is installed with an allen bolt.

Small pin @ Roberts
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Standard small push pin. PTR rail is installed with an allen bolt.

Small pin @ Roberts
View Quote
Thank you much!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top