Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2017 4:37:32 PM EDT
What would yall do?

The purchase date was Nov 16 2017. The F3 has been approved (on the 21st) but they just have not shipped it yet. They are also not answering the phone.

This is a dealer that is claimed to be the most reputable in the industry. This comes from Arfcom, UZI talk and Machinegunboards.com,  not from the dealer.

Im not going to drop their name just yet. Waiting to see how this is handled.

EDIT: F3 on the 21st
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Who are they?
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It was approved on November 31st 2017?
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was approved on November 31st 2017?
View Quote
F3 on the 31st.  I wouldn't worry about it for another week.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

F3 on the 31st.  I wouldn't worry about it for another week.
View Quote
It was the 21st. My bad.

I have called all 4 numbers that I have at my disposal with no answer. I was lead to believe that the MG would be shipped this past Friday/Saturday.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It was the 21st. My bad.

I have called all 4 numbers that I have at my disposal with no answer. I was lead to believe that the MG would be shipped this past Friday/Saturday.
View Quote
21st was Thanksgiving week.  I still wouldn't worry too much.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Who are they?
View Quote
Must be Ruben or Frank
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

21st was Thanksgiving week.  I still wouldn't worry too much.
View Quote
I hope so.

I am familiar with the whole NFA process, this is my first MG purchase. So far it has not been a pleasant one.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Call your dealer.
Might not have sent you shipping info.  It could already be at your dealer and they haven't called you.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Ruben can be a little slow, but follows through.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 9:23:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ruben can be a little slow, but follows through.
View Quote
Not him. Did speak with him before making my purchase and he was a very nice guy.

I just received a email from the seller. They are saying now it should ship the first of next week, dec 13 at the latest.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Spiwak?

Consider that it's the holiday season and even big time NFA dealers take some time off.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 3:24:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What would yall do?

The purchase date was Nov 16 2017. The F3 has been approved (on the 21st) but they just have not shipped it yet. They are also not answering the phone.

This is a dealer that is claimed to be the most reputable in the industry. This comes from Arfcom, UZI talk and Machinegunboards.com,  not from the dealer.

Im not going to drop their name just yet. Waiting to see how this is handled.

EDIT: F3 on the 21st
View Quote
Most reputable dealer in the industry and it’s not Ruben? I would recommend you just have a little patience.

Oh and CONGRATS on your first MG purchase. May it be the first of many.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 4:51:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Spiwak?

Consider that it's the holiday season and even big time NFA dealers take some time off.
View Quote
Spiwak is in central PA, but winters in Florida.

His brother-in-law runs the nuts-and-bolts (shipping) when he is not there.

If it's Spiwak, that may be your problem.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 7:28:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I say take a chill pill and have some patience.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Must be Ruben or Frank
View Quote
Ive dealt with both and they are legit, no need to worry OP if you used either, probably just took time off during the holidays.

FWIW NFA items require a lot of waiting, be it on the ATF to approve forms or the dealers as it is a small niche market, they are not like brownells or other big box gun stores who do over night shipping and instant order confirmation.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#16]
It's a lot of money.  Answer the damn phone people or shit be your reputation.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's a lot of money.  Answer the damn phone people or shit be your reputation.
View Quote
The reputation of those big long-time NFA dealers won't be affected by you not getting an immediate callback.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#18]
They did just have a NFA show in Florida. A lot of the big dealers went there. I just called my local NFA guy PF Custom guns. They're out of the office for a few days.  I wouldn't worry about it yet. Some of these guys have a lot going on all at once too and it can be tough to keep up.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 1:01:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They did just have a NFA show in Florida. A lot of the big dealers went there. I just called my local NFA guy PF Custom guns. They're out of the office for a few days.  I wouldn't worry about it yet. Some of these guys have a lot going on all at once too and it can be tough to keep up.
View Quote
Phil is GOOD PEOPLE!
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 1:04:25 AM EDT
[#20]
What is up with not wanting to call people/companies out just because they are arfcom sponsors or reputable arfcom members?
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#21]
The dealer shipped my MG yesterday. And it was Spiwak.

They were nice to deal with on the phone and made the process easy but I feel that the time it took them to ship the MG after they cashed my check was way to long. If I ran my business like that I would be out of business quick.

I think the lesson learned here is dont buy from snow birds when they are migrating.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Your complaining about purchasing a machine gun and having to wait a month... and publicly complain 2 weeks after purchase???

If so this might be the wrong hobby for you...
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The dealer shipped my MG yesterday. And it was Spiwak.

They were nice to deal with on the phone and made the process easy but I feel that the time it took them to ship the MG after they cashed my check was way to long. If I ran my business like that I would be out of business quick.

I think the lesson learned here is dont buy from snow birds when they are migrating.
View Quote
Id rather wait 2 weeks after a form 3 gets approved from a honest dealer than deal with some of these dealers that are shady. Look at the forums, youll see posts of people complaining dealers going out of business with their stuff.

Heck if 2 weeks bothers you, Im going to hate to see your posts about the atf wait times. Atf may even wait to mail your dealer the stamp a month after its approved.

On all my forms, I just try to forget about them when I send them in. This might be easy for me because I have many stamped items already
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I’m well accustomed to the NFA wait time. I have 6 stamps pending at the moment all trust. One is 12 months. So any day now.

I am just accustomed to different level of service & Comunication.

I was not warned that the MG buying process (payment - arriving at dealer) was this drawn out. Especially when a F3 is approved in less than 72hrs now.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Your complaining about purchasing a machine gun and having to wait a month... and publicly complain 2 weeks after purchase???

If so this might be the wrong hobby for you...
View Quote
Quoted:

Id rather wait 2 weeks after a form 3 gets approved from a honest dealer than deal with some of these dealers that are shady. Look at the forums, youll see posts of people complaining dealers going out of business with their stuff.

Heck if 2 weeks bothers you, Im going to hate to see your posts about the atf wait times. Atf may even wait to mail your dealer the stamp a month after its approved.

On all my forms, I just try to forget about them when I send them in. This might be easy for me because I have many stamped items already
View Quote
How long on average did it take for yalls MG purchase take to ship after F3 approval?
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#26]
You seriously haven't been in this game very long, dude.

I would be happy with those transfer numbers and I've been playing this since 1990 and before with my uncles SOT and his dealings.

Take calm and be patient is my advice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 1:30:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Best advice I was given was to forget that you purchased something and be happy when it shows up. MG buying is not for the faint of heart or the anxious.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 7:20:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

How long on average did it take for yalls MG purchase take to ship after F3 approval?
View Quote
My MG Form 3 was approved 3/21 @ 8:12pm (dealer forwarded me approval email from atf), he shipped it off on 3/22.

Its been sitting at my FFL since 3/26, heading there now to check it out and pick-up my Form 4's, then off to USPS to mail them out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top