Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2018 11:59:43 AM EDT
I've narrowed it down to Salomon Quest 4D or Lalo Tactical Shadow Intruder. I've been wearing Lowa Zephyrs for a coue of years now and love them but it's time to get new boots. Any input would be appreciated. Leaning towards the Lalos but have never handled them personally.

ETA: any advantage to an 8" boot over a 5" or 6"?
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Been wearing the Salomons for a couple years now and will definitely be getting another pair when these are ready to retire. I don't know about the other brand.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been wearing the Salomons for a couple years now and will definitely be getting another pair when these are ready to retire. I don't know about the other brand.
View Quote
I'll second the Salomons. I have a set of some Quest 4D GTX boots that I bought back in 2013. I've never properly cleaned them (either hit it with the hose or just let the rain do it's magic), worn them through more than a few dirtbike wipeouts, never re-treated them, and just generally abused the poor things.

They're still waterproof, despite the large cut on the inner side of my right boot from a footpeg. The darn things are even still on the original laces. I can barely get my tennis shoe laces to last 1 year, and these are going on 5+ now and looking like I put them on a week ago.

I just recently got a good deal on some of their lower boots from U.S. Elite Gear, so the 4D's are getting shelved as the new ones obviously look nicer and I no longer do much that requires the ankle support they gave.

But I am entirely sold on the Salomon wagon, and will continue buying from them so long as they continue this level of quality.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top