Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2020 3:20:14 PM EDT
Can someone talk me out of finding and building a blunderbuss kit?  I've got more free time on my hands than I know what to do with and I need a new project.

Specifically, looking to find one of the Traditions kits.  Any suggestions, things I need to know before I start, or other input at all would be really appreciated.  Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/17/2020 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The only blunderbuss kits Ive seen are really bad .

Mostly because the flare at the end of the barrel is a thin flimsy POS .

Look at what Loyalist Arms offers , but they are not a kit .

Have you shot black powder before ? Blunderbusses are fun , but not good for much unless theres a Scallyweg around .
I bought mine from Loyalist Arms , works good .

Eta , I looked up the Tradition kit , it's  really lame , .54 cal. . It should be at least 12 ga. Loyalists is 10 ga.

Link Posted: 4/17/2020 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the suggestion of Loyalist.  I'll definitely look into them.  

It's been a few years since I've even thought about BP.  At this point I'm looking at this as a functional novelty project.  Maybe, just maybe, an excuse to fill a muzzle loader tag.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out The Rifle Shoppe
I've never ordered from them myself but I have heard that their quality is top notch.
Shipping is slow though.
View Quote

The Rifle Shoppe is top notch , but like you said they are slow .
There are several places online that specializes in these older obscure muzzle loaders .
They are made in India and alot of people bitch about the quality ....... well they have to be better than the origanals , metal wise .

I think one is named Veteran Arms ... ?

Fox is another kit company , check them out .
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#5]
The offerings from India seem to be a crap shoot.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 3:32:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:35:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I built this kit about 2 years ago.  It's the second kit I've built so I made some cosmetic mistakes but it functions fine.  Uses a lot of powder and lead but it's fun to shoot.  There are zero instructions included so you need to have some experience or build info from somewhere else.
Top Top