Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2020 2:23:44 PM EDT
Might have to let this thing go due to everything going on. Any information on parts and I'm curious about the finishing on the gas tube and the blue finish on the rest of the parts and stock as well. Ive heard stories about a few of the Blue Sky imports were refinished in Korea for ceremonial purposes which mine looks like the drill rifles we use for ceremonies today. Thanks for you time!
Receiver S/N indicates Dec '44 manufacture. Springfield Armory
Bolt - D28287-12SA
FCG - D28290 - WRA
Op Rod - 7790722 - RA w NM marked handle
Barrel - P marked S-A-5-49
https://imgur.com/a/h2erA6F
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a typical run of the mill M1. The gas cylinders were not the same steel ( some early version of stainless?) thT did not take finish well and were often painted
With import marks a $700 rifle at best but in today’s market maybe more
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Might have to let this thing go due to everything going on. Any information on parts and I'm curious about the finishing on the gas tube and the blue finish on the rest of the parts and stock as well. Ive heard stories about a few of the Blue Sky imports were refinished in Korea for ceremonial purposes which mine looks like the drill rifles we use for ceremonies today. Thanks for you time!
Receiver S/N indicates Dec '44 manufacture. Springfield Armory
Bolt - D28287-12SA
FCG - D28290 - WRA
Op Rod - 7790722 - RA w NM marked handle
Barrel - P marked S-A-5-49
https://imgur.com/a/h2erA6F
View Quote

Damn son, that M-1 looks fantastic compared to my old blue sky import from years ago.  Mine was mostly parkerized, replacement parts were black oxide.  The receiver was heavily pitted, barrel inside was rough (rust and very worn rifling).  We shot it anyway.  Best I was able to get out of it was maybe 5-6” group at 100 yards.  It was reliable though.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I went over probably hundreds of Blue Sky Garands trying to find one that had a half decent barrel over a year and a half in the late 80's and early 90's half period... couldn't find one that didn't either have a  crappy bore or a crappy stock...Never bought one, But I did buy an Blue Sky M1 carbine as a host for my M2 Trigger pack... Which had a barrel so bent from the stamping of the importers mark that it shot to left 6 inches at 25 yards... after burning the barrel on the carbine, I sold the trigger pack for what I bought it for.... So no loss there....

-but to get back to the OP's question... With the bore like it is, likely in the 7-900 region, as it has some value, but needing a new barrel puts a hurting in the value... If you can do it yourself, you are ahead with a new Criterion barrel. if not...you are behind the 8 ball in terms of value..
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:37:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Dupe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top