Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2018 5:17:10 PM EDT
I lost my Every Day Carry knife an Emerson Super CQC-7 a while back. I need to buy another EDC knife and always like the Super CQC-7 because of its large handle (I have big hands).

Before I buy another Super CQC-7 are there any other comparable, very good quality folding knives with a large handle?

thanks
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m a big Spyderco fan. Check out the Military or Manix 2 XL if you want a large folder. The Paramilitary 2 is amazing also...I own a bunch of them. Main reason I like Spyderco is their blade geometry. The flat grind makes the edge thin and super easy to sharpen. Several of my knives are sharp enough to treetop hair off my arm.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Benchmade 570 Presidio II
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Benchmade AFO II if you can carry an auto
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Benchmade or Spyderco.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#5]
ZT0562 has a great handle, big, and a much more effective blade shape IMO. I have processed a deer with this one. Crappy pic with a little forced perspective but it gives you some scale -

Better one -

Link Posted: 4/10/2018 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#6]
You like big handles? Go check out a Benchmade Contigo!
Bottom knife.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Big handles?  That typically implies a big folder and while the Super CQC7 has a bigger handle, the blade is only about 3.75".  Some are more efficient with handle to blade ratio, but just wondering if you're more concerned with the handle than the blade size.

I really like the larger Hogue X5, although their handle is not very conventional; I still like the design.  Spyderco's 100-Pacer is a large, thin handle, much like the Military model.  Benchmade Adamas is a handful and Benchmade's Bedlam has a pretty large handle as well.

If you want "really" big, you can step up to the ridiculous folder category  Not really "pocket" EDC knives though, but they do fill the hand quite well!

Fox Knives has a couple I'm interested in, both with larger handles:

Desert Fox:

Col Moschin:

Just some options around the same price range...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Spyderco: Manix 2, Endura, Police 3, Resilience, Military
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd go with zero tolerance, spyderco, or benchmade.

They have versions of all sizes and all are well respected.

Prices between $70-300 depending on your budget, which seems large since your other blades aren't cheap
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Benchmade Crooked River.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 1:58:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Endura 4 Wave. It's pretty damn great and Half the price of the Emerson.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Big handles?  That typically implies a big folder and while the Super CQC7 has a bigger handle, the blade is only about 3.75".  Some are more efficient with handle to blade ratio, but just wondering if you're more concerned with the handle than the blade size.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/ROCK-6/EDC/20180330_105934_zpswwh0c5l3.jpg

I really like the larger Hogue X5, although their handle is not very conventional; I still like the design.  Spyderco's 100-Pacer is a large, thin handle, much like the Military model.  Benchmade Adamas is a handful and Benchmade's Bedlam has a pretty large handle as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/ROCK-6/EDC/20180325_120604_zpsm10coyp3.jpg

If you want "really" big, you can step up to the ridiculous folder category  Not really "pocket" EDC knives though, but they do fill the hand quite well!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/ROCK-6/Blades/20180404_120529_zpsva72uunb.jpg

Fox Knives has a couple I'm interested in, both with larger handles:

Desert Fox:
https://www.bladehq.com/imgs/knives/manual-knives/fox-knives-folding/fox-knives-desertfox-black-fx-520-BHQ-36588-dl-large.jpg

Col Moschin:
https://www.bladehq.com/imgs/shop-by-brand/all-fox-knives/fox-col-moschin-delta-spec-ops-knife-fx-sok09cm1e-brown-black-serr-folder-large.jpg

Just some options around the same price range...

ROCK6
View Quote
great pics thanks for sharing. I just have big mitts and most edc folders kinda get lost in my hands.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 8:26:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

great pics thanks for sharing. I just have big mitts and most edc folders kinda get lost in my hands.
View Quote
Ya, makes sense.  I just have medium/large hands and typically prefer 4" bladed folders and find their larger handles pretty comfortable.  Smaller handles and slim handles can get awkward in some situations.  Get your mitts on Cold Steel's 4-Max...I was balking at the price (even getting $50 taken off), but it impresses me on many levels.  Just make sure your pockets are larger as well!

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Bladehq is blowing out Zero Tolerance 0620's at the moment.  The size is apparently comparable to the Emerson cqc15(or so I've read).  The ZT 0620's are Emerson and Zero Tollerance colabarations and many say are better representations of Emerson's than even Emerson is putting out at the moment.  I was about to purchase an Emerson CQC7 and stumbled on the ZT by mistake.  Down the road I'll eventually pick up a CQC7 but for the price, the Emerson style ZT got the go ahead.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top