User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:30:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AU said my mini boss, ordered 4/4 was delivered on 5/11. However, no call from my SOT. And I also received an email from AU today with a new tracking number...
View Quote
Maybe they gave you mine :)
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:37:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Well, truth be told, that probably is what it all comes down to.

On deals like this, if they sell several thousand units and a handful of people fall through the cracks, then too bad (right?).  I mean it's a statistically insignificant number of people who are getting "screwed".

So, it's still a huge win for AU.  That's just the nature of economies of scale these days.
View Quote
Agreed, they don't give a damn if they screw over 10 or 20 or maybe even 100 folks. The others that they get more than make up for it in their minds.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:43:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Maybe they gave you mine :)
View Quote
I just have my fingers crossed that one actually arrives. My SOT hasn’t received it yet...
I won’t order from AU again.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:28:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Just got an email from the fun dealer...

“Hey ****, Arms unlimited contacted me, and said that they shipped the wrong Serial #’d one to me by accident .

They sent me a Return shipping label and told me to stick it on the box when they delivered it to me.

I handed it rt. back to the Mail service person.

Arms Unlimited said that they would ship the correct one to me immediately ...... so maybe tomorrow.

Give them a call and ask for Kathy, that is who gave me the shipping label.

Ask them if it even has shipped yet .....”

Lol like they answer their phone...

Add yet another week...
Not impressed with AU!
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#5]
You guys are making me feel a lot better about cancelling my impulse purchase of a can I didn't really need 30 minutes after I ordered it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You guys are making me feel a lot better about cancelling my impulse purchase of a can I didn't really need 30 minutes after I ordered it.
View Quote
Meh.

No regret on dealing with the small hassle here --  2 x Omega 300's (Gas Cans) for $1k. You won't come close to that anywhere else.

Heading out the door in 10 minutes to go to my dealer and file the Form 4's.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I looked into the 2 complaints. To address them publicly since you decided to make them public

For the incorrect serial number being sent, we realized we shipped the wrong serial number suppressor that didn't match the approved form the day after it left our facility, it hadn't even arrived to the dealer and we caught our mistake, he pulled the wrong serial as the numbers were for example 96 instead of 69. We called the dealer to inform him we were going to be sending the correct one and needed that one refused or returned immediately. Problem solved.

For the one order that was canceled. It was not our intention to cancel the order, the ATF eforms system allowed for a duplicate serial number to be submitted. It happened to be yours which ATF ultimately disapproved. When we informed you of this you decided to berate our customer service rep demanding she cancel another customers order to get you the silencer. She took it upon herself to cancel this order and refund you. I have spoke to management and they said we have just one more of the silencers you ordered which they can resubmit for you and have to you within 7-10 days. Someone here will reach out to you to replace the order if you still want it.
View Quote
I've emailed back to you to get information on what I need to do to get this replacement to start processing. We'll see if this is handled better the 2nd time around.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I looked into the 2 complaints. To address them publicly since you decided to make them public

For the incorrect serial number being sent, we realized we shipped the wrong serial number suppressor that didn't match the approved form the day after it left our facility, it hadn't even arrived to the dealer and we caught our mistake, he pulled the wrong serial as the numbers were for example 96 instead of 69. We called the dealer to inform him we were going to be sending the correct one and needed that one refused or returned immediately. Problem solved.
View Quote
A simple email to me the customer, informing me of the mistake would have been appreciated. I thought it was delivered. I’ve bought suppressors from other vendors and it has never taken so long. And your communication is poor. Why have a phone if you won’t answer it or return calls? I made my complaint public because it’s difficult to get a response from AU. How was the problem with poor communication/customer service and slow shipping solved? I am excited to finally receive the can but that is not the only issue.

I wish I could thank you for your classy apology regarding your mistake...
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#10]
It's Friday and my tracking info still hasn't been updated.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's Friday and my tracking info still hasn't been updated.
View Quote
It took my order 5 days after the shipping label was created to actually leave AU for its destination.

ETA: The first time... The second time (after their mistake) the label was made and it left the same day... weird
Tracking says it should be delivered today... 3 weeks after the form 3 cleared(took a week to file the form 3), 5 weeks after I bought it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:44:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It took my order 5 days after the shipping label was created to actually leave AU for its destination.

ETA: The first time... The second time (after their mistake) the label was made and it left the same day... weird
Tracking says it should be delivered today... 3 weeks after the form 3 cleared(took a week to file the form 3), 5 weeks after I bought it.
View Quote
Dang, faster than mine! My label was created May 2nd.

To be honest, I wouldn't even be disappointed right now if it would even take a bit longer than it has. It was a great deal. The thing that gets me down is AU saying all of the cans would ship by Wednesday, and by the data I have, mine didn't.

Bummed and scared for the other shoe to drop at this point.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Mine is out for delivery and it was a great deal. I am disappointed in how they deal with the common hiccups that happen.  Why have a phone number if you won’t answer it or return a call? There are a lot of dealers with great deals that conduct business in a more professional manner. Communication is important to me, so next time I will most likely pass on deals from AU. But YMMV. I hope you receive your can.

ETA: It arrived at my dealers today. 5/18
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 12:43:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I just ordered the other day when I saw stuff was still in stock.  Says its already on the way to my dealer.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 1:56:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm still waiting to hear if they actually have a can for me like they said they did. I will update when I get final word from them.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 2:24:22 AM EDT
[#16]
My cans showed up as fast as any other nfa buy and faster than most. People are spoiled on the fast form 3 days!
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My cans showed up as fast as any other nfa buy and faster than most. People are spoiled on the fast form 3 days!
View Quote
It was all the time after the form 3 that bothers me...
And the classy way they’ve dealt with the problems.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just ordered the other day when I saw stuff was still in stock.  Says its already on the way to my dealer.
View Quote
What the heck. I ordered mine back in April and it still hasn't shipped, and yours ships a few days after you ordered in May?

Ugh.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, mine too. It's NFA, so waiting is just part of the process...
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I snagged two Gas Can suppressors couldn't pass up the deal
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 12:06:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I snagged a $499 Gas Can, purchased from Buds on May 1. Had it delivered to my nearest “powered by” Silencer Shop dealer and however they do it, he uploaded to SS and got my form 4 submission done today. They have my prints and photos via their kiosk from previous transactions. Worked for me, I never left my desk to get it done. I live in a rural area and had it not worked this way I was faced with making a 60-mile round trip to get new prints, photos and submission paperwork done. Now just to wait.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For the one order that was canceled. It was not our intention to cancel the order, the ATF eforms system allowed for a duplicate serial number to be submitted. It happened to be yours which ATF ultimately disapproved. When we informed you of this you decided to berate our customer service rep demanding she cancel another customers order to get you the silencer. She took it upon herself to cancel this order and refund you. I have spoke to management and they said we have just one more of the silencers you ordered which they can resubmit for you and have to you within 7-10 days. Someone here will reach out to you to replace the order if you still want it.
View Quote
Well, I wish I would have been surprised and they came through on their above promise. But its now 7 days later and only now are they admitting it was a blatant lie. When I emailed them a week ago,  despite their post above stating that they had one and would have it to me in 7-10 days if I wanted it, I was told "We have no guarantees yet  we are trying we will let you know. ". So, they lied when they said they had one more they could send to me. Not surprised, in line with their well deserved bad reputation. But hey, mayve they can redeem themselves.

Nope, they didn't. They just proved how bad they are.

A whole week goes by without a response, despite two more emails asking for updates. Finally, today, I get "Sorry we are unable to get one for you. ".

So, Arms Unlimited clearly seems to be just a bunch of idiots and liars. I'm being generous and not considering them malicious, just total liars who have no sense of customer service and clearly should not be in business that interacts with any customers.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Well, I wish I would have been surprised and they came through on their above promise. But its now 7 days later and only now are they admitting it was a blatant lie. When I emailed them a week ago,  despite their post above stating that they had one and would have it to me in 7-10 days if I wanted it, I was told "We have no guarantees yet  we are trying we will let you know. ". So, they lied when they said they had one more they could send to me. Not surprised, in line with their well deserved bad reputation. But hey, mayve they can redeem themselves.

A whole week goes by without a response, despite two more emails asking for updates. Finally, today, I get "Sorry we are unable to get one for you. ".

So, Arms Unlimited clearly seems to be just a bunch of idiots and liars. I'm being generous and not considering them malicious, just total liars who have no sense of customer service and clearly should not be in business that interacts with any customers.
View Quote
Sorry man - was hoping to hear a happy ending to this story.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 1:30:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’m sorry. That’s fucked up. Bad business.

And they were mad we made these issues public.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I’m sorry. That’s fucked up. Bad business.

And they were mad we made these issues public.
View Quote
If this was how you ran your business, wouldn't you be pissed that the secret was out?
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If this was how you ran your business, wouldn't you be pissed that the secret was out?
View Quote
It doesn’t seem to bother Botach lol
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#27]
My Mini Boss was one of the ones that had the Form 3 issues, presumably because of the duplicate serial numbers (AU didn't say that part; just inferring from the rest of this thread).

That said, they always returned my emails within 24 hours, and kept me updated throughout the process, so overall, I'm happy. I got scared and frustrated at some points, but all's well that ends well, and their communication was good on my end.

Congrats to everyone else who got in on this great deal.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 7:54:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My Mini Boss was one of the ones that had the Form 3 issues, presumably because of the duplicate serial numbers (AU didn't say that part; just inferring from the rest of this thread).

That said, they always returned my emails within 24 hours, and kept me updated throughout the process, so overall, I'm happy. I got scared and frustrated at some points, but all's well that ends well, and their communication was good on my end.

Congrats to everyone else who got in on this great deal.
View Quote
The next problem I've run into now is SilencerShop sitting on my Form 4 application for 2.5 weeks now.

Is that standard or is something wrong?

This is my first transfer post-41F using their whole "kiosk" and digital system.

Bueller?
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 8:06:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The next problem I've run into now is SilencerShop sitting on my Form 4 application for 2.5 weeks now.

This is my first transfer post-41F using their whole "kiosk" and digital system.

Bueller?
View Quote
Did you purchase your stamp through SS as well? My dealer transferred my can into the SS system, I purchased my stamp the next day, they matched things up and got the form 4 submitted that day. If you have not, give them a call they’ve always been helpful when I’ve callled in.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 8:15:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Did you purchase your stamp through SS as well? My dealer transferred my can into the SS system, I purchased my stamp the next day, they matched things up and got the form 4 submitted that day. If you have not, give them a call they’ve always been helpful when I’ve callled in.
View Quote
Yes, I purchased the stamp through SS as well.

Thanks for the info. I will call them today.  Ugh.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Bueller?
View Quote
Could be 2 things.

First, Silencer Shop seems to send stuff out in batches, so you may be waiting for a batch to be sent out.

OR...There may be something else. I did a transfer at my local dealer through the SS system. They already had my info on file but after my dealer submitted it they didn't send me docs to e-sign. I called them, was told they'll get right on it, and a few minutes later everything was signed and I saw that my stuff had been mailed a week later.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 9:59:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Could be 2 things.

First, Silencer Shop seems to send stuff out in batches, so you may be waiting for a batch to be sent out.

OR...There may be something else. I did a transfer at my local dealer through the SS system. They already had my info on file but after my dealer submitted it they didn't send me docs to e-sign. I called them, was told they'll get right on it, and a few minutes later everything was signed and I saw that my stuff had been mailed a week later.
View Quote
That's where I'm at right now.

Been waiting 2+ weeks for the digital docs to be sent to me for signature and nothing.  Calling in a few minutes as soon as they open.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Same Silencershop issue.  Completed mine and the wife’s kiosk updates.  Had an old SS trust from pre 41P.  They say the ATF is cracking down on trust, so they are doing the same....  I finished my stamp and kiosk info all on 5/18.

In the mean time I picked up one of the last smoke stacks from AU (4 left).  $375 for a .45cal octane, why not, been wanting a suppressed lever gun.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Been waiting 2+ weeks for the digital docs to be sent to me for signature and nothing.  Calling in a few minutes as soon as they open.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be 2 things.

So, calling them did the trick.

I have no idea why it got hung up, I didn't bother to ask at this point.

They sent the DocuSign stuff within minutes after the phone call.

It's now done and submitted.

Lost 2+ months to AU and SS before even getting the Form 4's submitted.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be 2 things.

@SilencerShop any idea why this happens? 3 of us had the same issue. Not trying to call anyone out, just attempting to see if this is something that can be prevented by purchasers in the future.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@SilencerShop any idea why this happens? 3 of us had the same issue. Not trying to call anyone out, just attempting to see if this is something that can be prevented by purchasers in the future.
View Quote
I'd recommend starting a new thread on that question.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top