Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2020 4:15:51 AM EDT
Has anyone tried this mounting platform or adapter? Looks promising, especially for those of us who are poors!

I just bought an Omnivore TLR-1 holster and these new Blackhawk accessories that may give me one sweet holster setup for less money with no crazy custom wait times before election. Check it out!
Blackhawk Omnivore
T-Series Jacket Slot Belt Loop mount
T-Series Jacket Slot Leg Strap Adapter
T-Series Jacket Slot Leg Strap Adapter

How To : Install Your Jacket Slot Leg Strap Adapter

I'll post pics of it when it arrives Thursday.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the same boat with an Omnivore. Might have to give this one a try. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I currently have the holster setup for TLR-1HL

I have the thigh strap adapter on order and am told it’ll ship around the first of November.    Was supposed to ship earlier but delays etc

I like it.  It’s solid.  It’s not as fast a draw as my safarilands BUT, I have nearly 5 or more years of training with my safariland and only 1 range day of training with this Blackhawk holster.  

It’s large but it’s a duty holster and not a concealment model.  Plus it holds a light so it’s gonna be large.  

It should be a good rig.  I just need more training with it.

I can post pics in a couple weeks when I get my adapter & strap.

I do like the engineering design on that thigh plate adapter (how it swivels).  (See product video)
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#3]
@MCR
No problem. Please post a pic when your set-up is done.

@MidwestJ
Definitely post pics when you get your equipment set-up. Those new T-Series holsters look legit. I really wanted a Safariland set-up, but can't afford it right now. I never knew Blackhawk was making good holsters again. After looking at their company page I was impressed. My Omnivore is a start but based off reviews, if you don't set it up exactly as described, it can strip rails and the T-Series just looks built better. Any feedback will be appreciated. After practicing a bit yesterday evening I'm positive your times will decrease and smooth draws will become normal and fast. Good luck.

@Badger545
Your holsters look amazing. Can I see them mounted and can you share your thoughts on performance. I am going to send mine in too soon to get dipped based off your recommendation and pics. Your source for the dip hooked it up.

For those reading this think thinking WTF am I talking about just read below.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Got-some-holsters-dipped/10-517110/
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#4]
@GLD1980

It may be a while. I've got mine on a Serpa QD on a molle adapter, installed upside down to give a little drop. Right now, it works, and right now I'm po' boy trying to get by with was already in the bins.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@GLD1980

It may be a while. I've got mine on a Serpa QD on a molle adapter, installed upside down to give a little drop. Right now, it works, and right now I'm po' boy trying to get by with was already in the bins.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/98686/20201025_090822_jpg-1653585.JPG
View Quote

That is a sweet set-up. Smart may I add with the Serpa QD. I was looking at the QD options but they would need to make the T-Series Jacket Slot belt adapter in QD. Hopefully that's next for Blackhawk.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet you could add a Serpa QD female to the drop. Depending on your set up, the extra 1/2" or so it sticks out might actually be a good thing...
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bet you could add a Serpa QD female to the drop. Depending on your set up, the extra 1/2" or so it sticks out might actually be a good thing...
View Quote

That was my fear but you may be right. I will try it out when possible.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I would still immediately recommend a Safariland 7TS over anything made by Blackhawk. It's right in the same price range and is significantly better.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would still immediately recommend a Safariland 7TS over anything made by Blackhawk. It's right in the same price range and is significantly better.
View Quote

@QuickReactions

Safariland makes a great products, thats not being disputed. I am trying to find out the durability and functionality of the new Blackhawk product line to determine conclusions on there overall reliability and usability. For the price so far I am impressed.

Do you know for a fact this new Blackhawk product line is flawed or do you just prefer Safariland?
I admittedly didn't research this too long but what I did find was that this holster seems double to triple an Omnivore price but in line with a level 2 T-Series holster. My Omnivore set-up for drop mount/thigh strap and accessories was only $104 OTD.

There seems to be some issues with the Safariland 7TS based off this posting from Safariland. Do you run this holster with a light? If not, why are you recommending it?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I have in fact run a 7TS for duty, though not with a light as I was in a staff position at the time. I went through hand-to-hand and weapon retention training with my holster and have noticed no damage to it in that time. I was in fact unaware of that warning, and no I wasn't commenting on the particular holster that you were mentioning, though I would imagine that it uses the same mounting system as the Serpas which is greatly inferior to the Safariland system any way you cut it. All in all, go with the holster that you trust and that makes you happy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have in fact run a 7TS for duty, though not with a light as I was in a staff position at the time. I went through hand-to-hand and weapon retention training with my holster and have noticed no damage to it in that time. I was in fact unaware of that warning, and no I wasn't commenting on the particular holster that you were mentioning, though I would imagine that it uses the same mounting system as the Serpas which is greatly inferior to the Safariland system any way you cut it. All in all, go with the holster that you trust and that makes you happy.
View Quote

Funny you should mention it. So you know how after you search things nowadays they keep popping up on your feed. This came up and was pretty impressive. So, I will check them out for a future project. Thanks! Now I need to finish this project.
Have an optic on your firearm? Check out the Safariland 7TS RDS holster
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I will agree that Safariland products are substantially better than BH. My problem with SF is the fact that if I want a holster, I have to buy the whole dang system. I already have 7 or 8 various SF set ups for the M9, Glock 19, and 1911 as I have carried them all as a duty weapon.

My personal weapon for the time being is a Springfield XD9 or 45 depending on my mood. Thats another $500 for 2 dedicated holsters. For less than half, I can have a holster that will fit any gun I own as long as I can attach the X300, all for less than $100 on the secondary market.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@Badger545
Your holsters look amazing. Can I see them mounted and can you share your thoughts on performance. I am going to send mine in too soon to get dipped based off your recommendation and pics. Your source for the dip hooked it up.
View Quote
Well, I mount them in various ways. The camo one you referenced is going on a "battle belt" setup. I'm waiting on a new belt from Blue Alpha, then I'll post pics in the belt thread (assuming it actually ships sometime this year). As far as performance goes I've been using the t-series for over a year now in various capacities and haven't found issues. I've run them in a belt mount and paddle mount for every day open carry, a level 3 in drop leg, and a level 2 off the belt for tactical situations. I can say forget the level 3. It isn't needed, the level 2s are plenty secure, and the level 3 release switch feels like a two stage trigger... you don't want that. I love the mechanics of the lv2 holster, the release switch is in the perfect position for me to disengage as I acquire my grip on the pistol, and requires no additional movements beyond the normal drawing motion. It's a very fast holster. The only downside of the holster I see is that you are limited on light choices. I have a bunch of TLR1s laying around, so it's no big deal. If your a Surefire x300 guy, you're shit outta luck. Aside from that I think it's a great option. The belt mount, they call it "jacket slot" is very rigid, rides just where I like it, and so far has proven to be durable. A guy I work with has the red dot compatible model and likes it so far.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 12:52:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That is a sweet set-up. Smart may I add with the Serpa QD. I was looking at the QD options but they would need to make the T-Series Jacket Slot belt adapter in QD. Hopefully that's next for Blackhawk.
View Quote
The mounting holes are the same on all blackhawk platforms. This kit will work with your Tseries holster and any old serpa mounts you have including drop leg, molle mount, etc...
https://blackhawk.com/quick-disconnect-system-kit/
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 12:55:02 AM EDT
[#15]
@Badger545

Thank you. I really appreciate your feedback. One of these will be my next holster. After watching videos and hearing your thoughts I'm sold on their level 2 system. The T-Series seems to be legit. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted: I can say forget the level 3. It isn't needed, the level 2s are plenty secure, and the level 3 release switch feels like a two stage trigger... you don't want that.
View Quote

I know exactly what this man is saying.  

I “re” discovered this yesterday as I was using this in “real life”

He is exactly right in his description although it’s not a huge deal to me.  Not a deal breaker to me.  

My solution was just to spring the trigger once to flip the lv3 hood/strap down early so if I HAD to draw-it would be one less step to overcome.  If that makes sense.  

Basically I had already tripped or overcome one of the retention levels on this thing should things go south.  

I was in a situation where I could afford to do that.  YMMV.  

I will say-there is no slop with this holster.  Very solid lockup.  

G19 with TLR1HL here.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 1:01:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Okay, I purchased the 2 female, 1 male kit. I'll post pics this weekend of it all assembled.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 12:20:33 AM EDT
[#18]
With all accessories and Q/D mount attached it works great and is very solid. This is by far the nicest setup I have ever had. I've never owned a Safariland so I cannot miss what I do not know. I will get a T-Series Holster next. These aren't our shitty old SERPA's. I would confidently recommend.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 3:07:11 AM EDT
[#19]
snip
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 3:50:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
as requester here is my current belt setup:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/273091/bbelt_jpg-1670294.JPG
I've found that the standard belt mount on the T series rides at just the right height for me. Doesn't interfere with my place carrier and I don't have to thigh mount it.
View Quote

@Badger545
That looks great. What do you carry in the pouch next to your 2bl mag? Also what belt do you have, is it the HSGI?
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@Badger545
That looks great. What do you carry in the pouch next to your 2bl mag? Also what belt do you have, is it the HSGI?
View Quote

belt is a Blue Alpha 1.75" belt with molle. As far as the contents of the utility pouch go, it kind of depends what I'm doing. GPS and small survival kit if I'm the back country, wind meter if I'm doing long range shooting, multitool will likely be a mainstay, and whatever else. It is pretty much a catch all. Think of it as the junk drawer of the battle belt. Plenty of guys use their dump pouch for that kind of stuff, but I don't like my gear flopping around and getting caught on stuff. I pretty much use dump pouches for recovery purposes only, and honestly if something had to give on the belt, it would be my dump pouch.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Disclaimer: I want to like this setup so it likely impacts my initial thoughts & review

Got my leg strap adapter plate today.  Bolts up simply.  I added some blue lock-tite to the screw and bolted it down to the holster.  Simple setup.  I really like how it hinges (see video) at the bottom of the holster (think kneeling)

The strap itself is almost kinda “meh”. I have better straps that have more “grippy” rubber interwoven but whatever.  It does exactly what it’s intended to do.  

I think it’ll be solid and I like it.

Excuse the hasty, non HD, thrown together photos.  Took these tonight after doing some yard work
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#23]
A word of caution to ANYONE using an OMNIVORE to secure their light equipped POLYMER FRAME firearm.

I have had not (1) but (2) HK VP9 frame rails damaged by using the OMNIVORE for them in conjunction with the Surefire X300U-A.

I believe this occurred on my VP9L OR (which was the worse of the 2) as a result of wearing it in the car.

The light was basically torn away from the frame rails from the pressure of the mag/magwell on the back of the seat.  

These were NOT heavily used and abused holsters, as they only had 3 trips to the range and a few hours being worn around the property.....

Pretty disappointed with how it turned out.  It'll cost $200/ea VP9 frame for the repairs (which is basically a new frame with my components switched over).

This means new S/N's too

Link Posted: 11/10/2020 12:32:48 AM EDT
[#24]
@MidwestJ
Great pictures. Thanks for posting.

@0627Devildog
That sucks, did you contact them? What did they say if you did?

I have read this very same complaint from many owners. Its even listed as a cautionary warning in the manual.
Attachment Attached File

Apparently, overtightening the thumb nut on the TLR-1HL and not ensuring the quarter slot is in the proper orientation can have severe consequences.

I hope following the instructions doesn't lead to the same destructive results. I will bring this to the attention of Blackhawk and report back on the response. Till then I will make the best with what I have.

Finally finished.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 12:51:30 AM EDT
[#25]
@GLD1980

That bottom rig-how'd you get that holster coyote color?  You buy it that way or did you paint it?  

Also you can buy coyote color leg straps to match your holster color on amazon.  Instead of black.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 1:39:15 AM EDT
[#26]
@MidwestJ

I purchased the holster in that color from Amazon. I also believe you can get a Coyote strap from Blackhawk directly from their drop leg platform and possibly from Amazon too. Good luck! Let me know what you find.

I don't plan on ordering a different color yet but I can.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#27]
True north makes an adapter plate for the blackhawk omninore so that it can be run on safari land platforms with the QLS plates. Just ordered one today.

https://truenorth-usa.com/product/mha-blackhawk-t-series-adapter/
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm running a T-Series with the leg strap. Love it. It's way faster than any Safariland that I've ever run. Was issued Safariland in both Mil and LE. My T-Series is eons ahead with regard to any active retention holster I've worked with.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 5:00:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm running a T-Series with the leg strap. Love it. It's way faster than any Safariland that I've ever run. Was issued Safariland in both Mil and LE. My T-Series is eons ahead with regard to any active retention holster I've worked with.
View Quote

@Minuteman556

Thanks for the heads up. Now I really can't wait to try them out. I haven't found a T-Series for the M&P 2.0C with any light. Not sure they make them for the M&P yet. I need to email Blackhawk.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 1:07:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@Minuteman556

Thanks for the heads up. Now I really can't wait to try them out. I haven't found a T-Series for the M&P 2.0C with any light. Not sure they make them for the M&P yet. I need to email Blackhawk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Minuteman556

@GLD1980

Blackhawk does the M&P in their compact size T series, but no light bearing that I am seeing. You can still mount it on their quarter drop belt mount with a leg strap tho. You just wouldn't have a light bearing solution until they make it in a flashlight configuration.

Blackhawk Linky
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 2:00:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@GLD1980

Blackhawk does the M&P in their compact size T series, but no light bearing that I am seeing. You can still mount it on their quarter drop belt mount with a leg strap tho. You just wouldn't have a light bearing solution until they make it in a flashlight configuration.

Blackhawk Linky
View Quote

@Minuteman556

I saw that but I need the light. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
@MidwestJ
Great pictures. Thanks for posting.

@0627Devildog
That sucks, did you contact them? What did they say if you did?

I have read this very same complaint from many owners. Its even listed as a cautionary warning in the manual.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/196790/20201109_195925_jpg-1677538.JPG
Apparently, overtightening the thumb nut on the TLR-1HL and not ensuring the quarter slot is in the proper orientation can have severe consequences.

I hope following the instructions doesn't lead to the same destructive results. I will bring this to the attention of Blackhawk and report back on the response. Till then I will make the best with what I have.

Finally finished.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/196790/20201109_181946_jpg-1677540.JPG
View Quote

Finally got some time and contacted both Blackhawk AND Surefire today.....

BlackHawk took my info and is going to get back to me on a course of action on their end.

Now...onto SUREFIRE.....

They said while the X300U-A was specifically designed for use with polymer frame pistols...... HK (and other MFG's) "don't consult them on rail tolerances" (So basically.... "not our fault")

I explained to him that when the X300U was slid onto the rail of the HK and pushed agains the trigger guard in order to get it to "Lock" into place with the Universal Mount (the mount on the light from the factory) you really had to force it back.

That backward pressure moved the back end of the light mount closest to the trigger guard downward and away from the slide/rail.

It was at that point he told me there was actually a removable plate that rests up against trigger guard that could be removed by pushing out the 4 small pins.

When I asked him if that was something in the manual that I missed, he said it was not and that it is generally only revealed when someone calls.

(have not done a vid search on the subject)

Once I did take the plate off the light fit better on the HK, however the spring loaded Factory Mount plate left it a little loose...... He is going to send me the PIC rail mount plate AND a new set of rails/screws for both of my X300U's.

I will change them over and mount them up to see if it helps enough to make a difference.

All of that said, I will NOT be putting any of my HK frames back in to the Omnivore.  

I believe it just puts WAY too much stress on the rail since that is the only thing holding the gun in there.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Finally got some time and contacted both Blackhawk AND Surefire today.....

BlackHawk took my info and is going to get back to me on a course of action on their end.

Now...onto SUREFIRE.....

They said while the X300U-A was specifically designed for use with polymer frame pistols...... HK (and other MFG's) "don't consult them on rail tolerances" (So basically.... "not our fault")

I explained to him that when the X300U was slid onto the rail of the HK and pushed agains the trigger guard in order to get it to "Lock" into place with the Universal Mount (the mount on the light from the factory) you really had to force it back.

That backward pressure moved the back end of the light mount closest to the trigger guard downward and away from the slide/rail.

It was at that point he told me there was actually a removable plate that rests up against trigger guard that could be removed by pushing out the 4 small pins.

When I asked him if that was something in the manual that I missed, he said it was not and that it is generally only revealed when someone calls.

(have not done a vid search on the subject)

Once I did take the plate off the light fit better on the HK, however the spring loaded Factory Mount plate left it a little loose...... He is going to send me the PIC rail mount plate AND a new set of rails/screws for both of my X300U's.

I will change them over and mount them up to see if it helps enough to make a difference.

All of that said, I will NOT be putting any of my HK frames back in to the Omnivore.  

I believe it just puts WAY too much stress on the rail since that is the only thing holding the gun in there.
View Quote

I just re-read your first post. I didn't realize it was a Surefire X300U. My apologies for not paying better attention. Your situation sucks. HK should no questions asked take care of the problem or go half with Blackhawk. 1913 mounting rails exist on pistols for this exact reason. I hope someone in the chain properly steps up and takes care of you. This is wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top