Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2021 12:07:50 PM EDT
I need something just for my suburban property...so maybe 20-30yds to see what 2-4 legged critters might be hiding in the wooded area that borders our property at night when I take my dog out.  So nothing high speed low drag...just enough to see if there's something there or not and the LTO 2 would definitely let me do that.  

But when looking at the specs...is there a better option for the money?....or do we need to play the "well if you spend a little more" (double or triple) game to get significantly better performance?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try here
View Quote

Thanks for the link.  Read through all three pages.  For how cheap the one setup is I might get it just for shits and giggles.  However, I'm really not interested in the digital nv.  Cheap thermal and then higher quality nv is going to be my plan moving forward.  

Thanks though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you looked at the FLIR scout? If all you're needing is detection at 20-30yds that should be fine. Save the rest towards future gear.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Have you looked at the FLIR scout? If all you're needing is detection at 20-30yds that should be fine. Save the rest towards future gear.
View Quote

Yup.  I actually have another thread in this forum comparing the two.  But after putting both together spec-wise, the LTO was far better for $100 more (new).  

But for the longest time I was planning on buying the Scout TK just to see into the treeline-woods.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Ended up pulling the trigger on the LTO 2.  Not the HD version but I couldn't pass up the deal...

$499 used on scopelist with a full 2 year warranty!  Had some paypal credit to use so it only cost me <$180 out of pocket.

Should do just fine once I turn it into a magnified monocular using a recipe another member shared and about $50 spent on ebay.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Having looked through both of the Leopold's, I would recommend this ;
https://www.agmglobalvision.com/agm-asp-micro-tm160
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Having looked through both of the Leopold's, I would recommend this ;
https://www.agmglobalvision.com/agm-asp-micro-tm160
View Quote

@sjcshooter1

While your timing sucks....I'm curious about the two resolution ratings the TM160 has....are those better than the Leuphold?  I'd only have to pay a few bucks to return the LTO and get a full refund.  

I did see the model you linked to before but I'm forgetting why I passed.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:57:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Dammit guys, you are going to suck me into this rabbit hole quickly.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#9]
AGM TM384
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top