Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2024 7:44:24 PM EDT
I have not kept up with the current latest and greatest .45 cans. Is there a clear winner in the market? I plan to use it on my USP tactical. I currently have a .22, 9mm, 5.56 and 7.62 cans so I’m not looking for a single can to cover everything.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a TBAC FLY 45 on order.  Focusing on lighter weight.  Just shot my TLX45 on a 9mm and it was impressive.  Plan to try it on a 45 this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:35:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Can’t go wrong with Griffin Revolution.
The mounting system is the icing on an already very good cake.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:18:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Exetik] [#3]
The Ti-Rant 45M still holds it's own and Bereli has them for $517 (check gun.deals). If I was in the market for a 45 can that would be the one I would get. But I would also consider the Griffin Revolution (very happy with my Rev 9) and Rugged Obsidian 45 as well. If you want super lightweight, the Ecco TLX 45 is the one to look at. I have the TLX 9 paired with a Griffin EZ-LOK adapter and am amazed at how light it is.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a bunch of 9mm cans and have shot even more. My current favorite is the ti rant.

I'm not sure if that's scalable to 45, but definitely check out the new ti rant 45.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Obsidian 45 owner here. No complaints. Also own original tirant 45 and octane 45 from an old sico BOGO that took almost 3 years to get into my hands. The octane sucks for the most part. I keep it on a 45pcc as it sucks on pistols. The tirant 45 still sounds pretty good compared to the obsidian. Not sure how the new ones are.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Exetik:
The Ti-Rant 45M still holds it's own and Bereli has them for $517 (check gun.deals). If I was in the market for a 45 can that would be the one I would get. But I would also consider the Griffin Revolution (very happy with my Rev 9) and Rugged Obsidian 45 as well. If you want super lightweight, the Ecco TLX 45 is the one to look at. I have the TLX 9 paired with a Griffin EZ-LOK adapter and am amazed at how light it is.
View Quote

I was looking at the Ti-rant. Never heard of Bereli. I will check them out.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I have had a griffin Revolution 45 for a few years now. Shot it on 45, 9, 22, 300, and some others. It’s been great on everything and the multiple configurations let you dial it on to something you’ll actually use.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys. I have a few options to research.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mah827:
Thanks guys. I have a few options to research.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:05:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#10]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Exetik:

Bereli has been good to me on title 1 guns. Not sure I’ve ever bought nfa stuff from them
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I’ve ordered a couple cans from Bereli.  No issues other than slow at getting the form 3 submitted.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I believe Dead Air suggested a .45 Mojave is in the pipeline, but I have not seen anything formal regarding release date.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Mav3rick:
Obsidian 45 owner here. No complaints. Also own original tirant 45 and octane 45 from an old sico BOGO that took almost 3 years to get into my hands. The octane sucks for the most part. I keep it on a 45pcc as it sucks on pistols. The tirant 45 still sounds pretty good compared to the obsidian. Not sure how the new ones are.
View Quote

Holy shitnuts, 3 years? I submitted for my bogo (Omega 300) back in August 23 and am losing my mind that they still haven’t built and shipped it, as of right now, it’s still “in process”
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep. Silencerco always fucks these bogos up. It took them over a year to get it to my dealer then l had to wait about another year for the stamp as backed then there weren't these instant form4 approvals like folks are seeing now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a YHM R45 that I like a lot, it is my first pistol cal suppressor.  Use it on some 9mm and .45 cal Glocks, but mostly G21, with griffin ez-lok adapters/piston (really great design imo).  My only complaints are its chunky, would need very tall suppressor sights to clear it.   It'd be more at home on a PCC, which is what I had intended on using it for but lost interest.  For now I'm getting more comfortable with just shooting it with the stock night sights obscured, but may send the slide off to get milled for rmr later on.  It's also not user serviceable, but I'm not too concerned with that.  

I currently am waiting for a Griffin Revolution 9 to be approved, kinda wished I had bought a revolution 45 rather than the yhm r45 if I could go back.  Especially after I learned of their general issue discount program and teaming up with capitol armory.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I run an older Ti-Rant 45 on a HK USP Tactical & FN FNX45 Tactical and it sounds good.
The only issue for me is I shoot some coated cast bullets and the aluminum baffles are more difficult to clean than Ti or SS pieces.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#17]
My TLX45 tested fine with my P220 last weekend.  No booster.  Sounded good.  I'll try to take my USP tactical out next time to test and report back if you're still interested.  I'm VERY impressed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SIGthusiast:
My TLX45 tested fine with my P220 last weekend.  No booster.  Sounded good.  I'll try to take my USP tactical out next time to test and report back if you're still interested.  I'm VERY impressed.
View Quote

I would be interested in your opinion after you try it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SIGthusiast:
View Quote

I’d be interested to hear how it goes with the HK.

Did you compare it to anything sound-wise?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:50:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By peachy:

I’d be interested to hear how it goes with the HK.

Did you compare it to anything sound-wise?
View Quote

I only have an Osprey to compare it to right now until my Fly 45 comes in.  Also I can only go by memory since I was mostly focused on 9mm last weekend.  To my memory it was better than the Osprey.  I'll take it along with the 1911 and HK Tactical next time for a more direct compare.  One thing I can comment on for certain was the amount of blowback I got in my face.  Almost none with the TLX.  Quite a bit from the Osprey.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:38:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kombayotch] [#21]
After a bunch of research, I went with the TBAC Fly 45.  It's smaller and lighter than most other 45 pistol cans, but can handle some pretty hefty cartridges if I ever decide to put it on a 45 cal. rifle.

8.85 inches (Long, with booster)
6.6 inches (Short, with booster)
8.15 inches (Long, bare HUB)
5.9 inches (Short, bare HUB)

1.44-inch Diameter

10.47 ounces (Long, with booster)
8.15 ounces (Short, with booster)
7.34 ounces (Long, bare HUB)
5.02 ounces (Short, bare HUB)

"any length"9x19, .38 Special, .45 ACP
4.0"
5.5".300 Blackout (subsonic), 8.6 Blackout
8.0".300 Blackout (full power / supersonic)
13.0"8.6 Blackout (full power)
16".45-70, .450 Bushmaster, .308, 6.5 Creedmoor, 223/556

This is it next to an Obsidian 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top