Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2018 9:36:41 PM EDT
Everyones choice of subsonic? Any good deals?
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:45:59 PM EDT
[#1]
CCI SV around $25 a brick.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
My 10/22 and 22/45 prefer standard Winchester subsonic. Best combination of accuracy and quiet.
No ideas on deals. Haven't bought 22 in a long time.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 8:38:01 AM EDT
[#4]
For blowing off rounds - CCI Blazer - About $.04/rnd
All around favorite - CCI Std - About $.07/rnd
For accuracy - Midas or Eley Match - About $.30+/rnd
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Cci SD.  For general suppressed shootin

Killin shit Win 42gr Max LHP
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I use CCI Standard Velocity and Gemtech 42gr Subsonic (orange box) with suppressed pistols and rifles. They both stay subsonic even out of my 18" barreled rifles. The powders burn clean, don't stink, and the rounds group well.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#7]
My firearms aren't picky when it comes to subsonic ammo.  If it works, I will shoot it.  So far, SV magtech ammo is all I avoid.  The velocity was to inconsistent.  Some shots would be sub, others super.

Mostly I use CCI standard because it is so easy to get. Lately I've been enjoying Aguila SubSonic 60gr.  First time I've ever felt recoil in a 10/22.  I have some gemtech and winchester subsonics, but CCI standard is more accurate at 100yds.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Aguila makes some great shooting subsonic ammo.  If I were you OP, I'd get my hands on all the various subsonic ammo and test it in your firearms.  The firearm is going to tell you what is the best.

Aguila was the cheapest and it shot the best along with being quiet with my suppressor...at one point I sold my CCI subsonics since Aguila performed better in my firearms.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Keep in mind labeling ammo subsonic is pretty much a marketing ploy. Nearly all standard velocity ammo is subsonic. So do not limit yourself by box labeling.
Any of the traditional standard velocity match ammo should do the trick. I too like cci standard and Aguila standard velocity. Once in a while I will luck into a deal on Eley and if you search for extreme accuracy in almost every case that will be attained with some sort of European standard velocity match ammo
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 12:15:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I've had good luck with RWS (rebranded as norma tac-22, GECO semiauto, and BBM, all at varying price points, but same load),  Aguila subsonic, and cci sv.

The cci "suppressor" didn't group too well for me, neither did the American Eagle suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 9:52:20 AM EDT
[#11]
CCI standard right now since it's sub 5 cpr, the aguila standard stuff is just a touch louder but when CCI isn't on sale its the next best at like 4 cpr
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 12:04:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Aguila shot amazing well out of both a 10/22 and a CZ, especially considering it is the cheapest out there.  You should try it.  I don't know why people would buy anything else.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I mainly use CCI Standard Velocity its stocked at walmart for around $3.50 a box. I also like the American Eagle Suppressor 22lr as its copper plated but It has been hard to find so I'm sitting on my last two bricks of it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aguila shot amazing well out of both a 10/22 and a CZ, especially considering it is the cheapest out there.  You should try it.  I don't know why people would buy anything else.
View Quote
I am going to order some to try.

edit: Is this stuff made by Eley?
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I am going to order some to try.

edit: Is this stuff made by Eley?
View Quote
What I was specifically shooting was Eley prime.  I didn't realize there was a changeover at some point and I don't know if there was a change in quality.  Probably makes sense to of the usual trick and buy a brick and if it shoots well, buy a case.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What I was specifically shooting was Eley prime.  I didn't realize there was a changeover at some point and I don't know if there was a change in quality.  Probably makes sense to of the usual trick and buy a brick and if it shoots well, buy a case.
View Quote
I ordered some. Has anybody shot the 60gr super snipers? I read hear good reviews before, and was just curious if it was quieter. The reviews say accurate.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Aguila makes some great shooting subsonic ammo.  If I were you OP, I'd get my hands on all the various subsonic ammo and test it in your firearms.  The firearm is going to tell you what is the best.

Aguila was the cheapest and it shot the best along with being quiet with my suppressor...at one point I sold my CCI subsonics since Aguila performed better in my firearms.
View Quote
This^^^ I am a big fan of Aguila Super Extra subsonic HP ammo.  Very accurate ammo but unfortunately its hard to find.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:38:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Had good luck with Gemtec ... I've had bad luck with Norma tac 22 - it has an oily coating that gums up on you.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#19]
I dunno if they are "best" or not but I have had great luck with Aguilas. They are 20-25% less than CCI most places and I have seen a few bad lots of SV over the last two years.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#20]
The 60gr subsonic has worked excellent through drop-in 22lr kits for my AR15's with 1:9 and 1:7 twist
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Anybody tried the new (I think) Federal AE Subsonic?

FED 22LR 42GR FMJ SUBSONIC  AE22SUP1
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Oops
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I just bought 500 rounds of CCI suppressor to try, it advertises the velocity as 970fps, which should be awesome from my new bolt action.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#24]
In my SiCo Sparrow, through both rifle and pistol hosts, I tried 45gr.CCI Suppressor, 42gr.Gemtech Suppressor (also produced by CCI from my understanding) and 40gr.CCI Standard Velocity.

The CCI "Standard Velocity" actually seemed to run the quietest (subjectively and not by much) but was the cheapest and easiest to find of the three.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I like gemtech, super clean too - so rarely need to clean baffles
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 11:32:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I shoot almost all of my .22 suppressed now, so below is about all I shoot:

For cheap target:
CCI Standard

For cheap hunting:
CCI Subsonic

For tougher target critters with subsonic:
CCI Subsonic Segmented

For accuracy:
Eley Target (yellow box UK made)

For more accurate hunting at longer range:
RWS Subsonic HP
Eley Subsonic HP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top