Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2021 6:20:21 PM EDT
I've got a set of Badger Ordnance 34mm USMC SASR Scope Rings with 1.49" height on their way to me now. They'll be holding a Vortex Razor HD 1-10 that's going on my M82A1. I need something in the 1.49 to 1.55 inch range as the optic will be used with a LWTS-LR that I believe has a ~1.5" height to centerline. Due to the 27 MOA already built into the Barrett's rail, combined with the fact I won't be shooting past 800 yards, I'm looking for a 0 MOA mount.

Where I'm conflicted is that I'd somewhat prefer a QD mount in order to more easily use the LWTS-LR in stand alone mode when I desire to, but don't necessarily trust any of the QD designs, especially for this application. I have a 34mm Bobro, but I don't trust the single, screwed on lug for 50bmg and don't want to use it.  What are the most solid QD mounts out there that fulfill my needs of 34mm and 1.5" height? Would a unimount be better than the BO rings I have on order for return to zero purposes, if I don't go QD? Any advice is welcomed and appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:51:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Curious about this myself. I've been very please with the American Defense MFG QD mounts, but my largest application with them is a bolt gun in .338LM.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at spuhr.

Spuhr @ Mile High
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Have you looked at Larue's QD stuff?
View Quote

I had a 30mm LT107 I bought last year that I never ended up using it as I went a different way with optic choice on my CQ.  I have since decided to not use LaRue for various other reasons.

Quoted:
Take a look at spuhr.

Spuhr @ Mile High
View Quote

I actually just decided on a Spuhr, but after some reading, decided to not go the QD route so I got their fixed 34mm 1.5" 0 moa version. Was supposed to be here today with overnight shipping, but the weather had other ideas.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I actually just decided on a Spuhr, but after some reading, decided to not go the QD route so I got their fixed 34mm 1.5" 0 moa version. Was supposed to be here today with overnight shipping, but the weather had other ideas.
View Quote
Excellent choice!..

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Spuhr arrived and mounted. Very high quality fit and finish, and made leveling a breeze.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spuhr arrived and mounted. Very high quality fit and finish, and made leveling a breeze.
https://i.imgur.com/JpCVxGj.jpg
View Quote
Awesome!
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the Midwest Industries triple clamp model, works great!
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top