Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2021 7:04:08 PM EDT
OEM, Magpul, Manticore or PSA?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Latest OEM black mags have fixed all previous issues.
They’re reasonably priced as well.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought Manticore would be the winner, but some issues are coming out from them now. OEM seems to be the way to go, but so far I've really been liking the magpul's. I'd like to grab some PSA as they sound good, but havne't tried them yet.

If you're into this sort of thing, 3D printed scorpion mags are better than any other printed mags, and feel very good.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a lot of the second Gen factory mags that have the USA stamp on the floor plate.  Those do not have the cracking issue that the first ones did.     I also have a bunch of the Magpul mags and they are solid.  Magpuls have been cheaper most of the time, but if you can find the factory ones on sale, then get which you prefer.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the Magpul mags.In my hands and to my eye they seem to be made better than the factory mags plus they are available pretty much anyplace that sells Magpul products.I have never had any issues with them and they are inexpensive.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#5]
PSA for me. Some filing required but best construction with metal reinforcements molded inside the feed lips, no one else does that. Cheap!

Never had an early transparent factory mag crack on me though.

I did pick up a new factory black windowed mag last year, so far no issues, not cheap, but for 20 round capacity this is the only other option.

Personally I’d pick 2 or 3 different brands and see what runs best, there seems to be some variations in generations and combined with some aftermarket parts what works for mine may not work for yours.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#6]
OEM and PSA

I have found the Magpuls to be unreliable
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Magpul, PSA, and OEM all function well for me. The OEMs haven’t given me problems yet, but they don’t feel as durable, and feel like dropping a loaded one on the ground might break it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 4:04:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Latest OEM black mags have fixed all previous issues.
They’re reasonably priced as well.
View Quote

Nope. My gun doesn't like them. Bought 4 and had to return all 4. Mine likes the original OEM (smoke) and Magpul. The new black OEMs with window and Manticores didn't fly.

The original OEMs seem to work nearly universally, but beyond that it's a crap shoot. I'd recommend OP buy a couple of each and see what his gun likes. Then buy a bunch of those.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nope. My gun doesn't like them. Bought 4 and had to return all 4. Mine likes the original OEM (smoke) and Magpul. The new black OEMs with window and Manticores didn't fly.

The original OEMs seem to work nearly universally, but beyond that it's a crap shoot. I'd recommend OP buy a couple of each and see what his gun likes. Then buy a bunch of those.
View Quote

I hadn't heard that anyone was having issues with the OEM windowed mags.  What was your experience?  Did you change out your mag catch/release?  Thanks for the additional details.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I hadn't heard that anyone was having issues with the OEM windowed mags.  What was your experience?  Did you change out your mag catch/release?  Thanks for the additional details.
View Quote

Had failure to feed with all 4 of the mags I bought. CZ was cool and accepted return with no problem. Bought 4 OEM smoke mags with the refund which my gun likes.

Have a Yeti Wurks Avalanche mag release on it. If I remember correctly I didn't have any issues with lock / release, just the feeding issues.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#11]
OEM 20 rounders.  I have quite a few of them and never had a problem with cracking or failure to feed.  I like the 20 rounder because it fits better in a bag.  The full length mags work just fine as well, they just don’t fit in my sling bag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top