Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2018 4:34:45 PM EDT
I am specifically interested in a WWI SMLE. Any suggestions on the best book for collecting or where to look on the net for good open access info?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The Lee-Enfield: a Century of Lee-Metford and Lee-Enfield Rifles and Carbines, by Skennerton.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Lee-Enfield: a Century of Lee-Metford and Lee-Enfield Rifles and Carbines, by Skennerton.
View Quote
This is a great book
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
This all day long, Ian is a great guy, have met him a few times...and hos books are the Enfield bibles...

Also the "For Collectors Only" series on the No.1 Mk III's and second volume on the No. 4's are great for parts identification and differentiation....
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 11:48:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Another good one is his earlier the Lee enfield story
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup. That one. It's the "Bible" for the Lee-Enfield, honestly. I pull mine out regularly.

Skip Stratton's books are okay - they have some errors and since Skip has passed away they aren't getting updated any longer.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yup. That one. It's the "Bible" for the Lee-Enfield, honestly. I pull mine out regularly.

Skip Stratton's books are okay - they have some errors and since Skip has passed away they aren't getting updated any longer.
View Quote
The big plus for Skip's books are the identification of the various differences in parts...very helpful...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top