Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2019 2:02:42 AM EDT
I saw one of these at the LGS today. What do you guys that own one think about it? I have been thinking about getting one for awhile. At this time I own a Benelli M4 that I have had for many years. I also have a Remington 870 that I only have shot one time.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 2:10:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got the same shotties you do I just hate the fore end on the Beretta. Maybe if there was an aftermarket replacement I'd buy
Edit : aridus  ain't much beta
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 2:47:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 3:06:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 3:28:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Have one of the Gen 1 Guns. Great gun. The only real negative is the issue with the Gen 1 bolt release also dumping shells. This is exactly easily fixed with the shrouds from Tau Development Group and Aridus. It has been addressed in the Gen 2 Guns.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have one of the Gen 1 Guns. Great gun. The only real negative is the issue with the Gen 1 bolt release also dumping shells. This is exactly easily fixed with the shrouds from Tau Development Group and Aridus. It has been addressed in the Gen 2 Guns.
View Quote
Can you post a pic of this on your gun, or email me a pic?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Beretta has the bold shroud kit for $9.99:  https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-1301-bolt-shroud-kit/eu00074/

After all of the research and advice, i orderded a 1301 Tactical yesterday. The short LOP was a big factor, same with the weight.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Beretta has the bold shroud kit for $9.99:  https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-1301-bolt-shroud-kit/eu00074/

After all of the research and advice, i orderded a 1301 Tactical yesterday. The short LOP was a big factor, same with the weight.
View Quote
Congrats on the new shotgun. I think I am headed in the same direction. So I assume if the 1301 does not have the bolt shroud on it. Then it wii be a gen 1. If it does have it on the shotgun then it will be a gen 2.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I dunno what some of you have been reading, but a 1301 with the Aridus mods is the cats ass.

I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I didn't have an M2 that I'd spent too much time and money to run right.

Link Posted: 1/1/2019 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Congrats on the new shotgun. I think I am headed in the same direction. So I assume if the 1301 does not have the bolt shroud on it. Then it wii be a gen 1. If it does have it on the shotgun then it will be a gen 2.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To my understanding the Gen 2 all have the bolt release shroud preinstalled, and have barrels that are threaded for chokes.

I ordered a Viper version. I am not sure that it it is offered in Gen 2.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
To my understanding the Gen 2 all have the bolt release shroud preinstalled, and have barrels that are threaded for chokes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. The one at the LGS was a gen 1 then. I think I will look for a gen 2.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. The one at the LGS was a gen 1 then. I think I will look for a gen 2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The price seems to have increased lately, I’m assuming with the Gen 2.  I see them all going for $1100-$1200.  It’s a shame we didn’t get in on the gen 1 clearance deals in the $700 range a few months ago.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 1:53:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Viper was not carried into the gen 2. For what I paid for mine I could get it threaded for chokes plus other mods and still be less then the gen 2.

It is a lot of fun to shoot and is insanely fast. It puts my 1100 to shame.

It will also run the 2 1/4" Herters buckshot they have at Cabelas.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Got a really good deal on one this past post-Christmas weekend.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Viper was not carried into the gen 2. For what I paid for mine I could get it threaded for chokes plus other mods and still be less then the gen 2.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of all the models, I am most interested in the Viper. I like the idea of a camo that is usable for a wide range of hunting environments, from turkey, to brush hunting, and as a solid defensive weapon for home and hike.  Black and FDE aren’t bad, obviously, but that camo is perfect for my needs.  Add in the light weight and short OAL, its just perfect.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I only paid double that.
View Quote
I think it was one of those super rare mistakes that worked in my favor for a change.  It was supposed to be on sale for $899.  I had enough in reward points and gift cards so I went ahead fully expecting to pay the full $899.  Guy rang it up and $499 pops up on register.  His jaw drops, my jaw drops.  He goes to call manager and I said I was in a hurry and That there was no “need” to call manager .  That kinda stuff NEVER works in my favor.  Anyway, almost bought both they had but didn’t want to push my luck.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think it was one of those super rare mistakes that worked in my favor for a change.  It was supposed to be on sale for $899.  I had enough in reward points and gift cards so I went ahead fully expecting to pay the full $899.  Guy rang it up and $499 pops up on register.  His jaw drops, my jaw drops.  He goes to call manager and I said I was in a hurry and That there was no “need” to call manager .  That kinda stuff NEVER works in my favor.  Anyway, almost bought both they had but didn’t want to push my luck.
View Quote
That’s fantastic!

Some of my favorite scores have been from Cabelas.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:48:21 AM EDT
[#18]
This video really impressed me,

6 Shots in Less Than 1 Second With the Beretta 1301 Tactical Marine Shotgun
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I owned a 1301. It is basically a Benelli M1 super 90 from what I remember. You could not install an extended mag tube on the Beretta
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I owned a 1301. It is basically a Benelli M1 super 90 from what I remember. You could not install an extended mag tube on the Beretta
View Quote
That was the Beretta 1201. The 1301 is (almost) entirely different.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 2:38:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
But you can.

Nordic extension
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But you can.

Nordic extension
View Quote
He's confused the 1301 with the 1201 which is not gas operated.

OP, I have both a 1301T and a Comp. I put on outlaw 3 gun matches and wanted a reliable semi auto. I've watched many brands choke, but the Beretta and Benelli guns just work.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:46:10 PM EDT
[#25]
If someone that has one, can you do me a small favor?  I haven’t picked mine up yet...  i am looking at some accessories and I need a measurement using a caliper, of the area right at the front end of the hand foreend and the back of the magazine tube cap. I need the diameter of the magazine tube itself, the barrel, and the gap between them in that spot.

GGG makes these in several sizes, but none specifically for the 1301.  I want to get one close enough, and modify it to fit.

Link Posted: 1/7/2019 8:21:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't have that measurement, but I can save you some time: Use the Streamlight mount.

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-STL69906-Strmlght-Shotgun-Rem870-x/dp/B001G61K74/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546863419&sr=8-3&keywords=streamlight+870+mount

I have these on my guns and they work just fine. You just need to check the end cap every now and then to make sure it's tight. But that's pretty true of most shotguns as they tend to loosen with shooting. It will work with a dedicated weapon light like the X300 or with a standard flashlight in something like a VTAC mount:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/37749/streamlight-799321.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/37749/stream2-799325.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If someone that has one, can you do me a small favor?  I haven’t picked mine up yet...  i am looking at some accessories and I need a measurement using a caliper, of the area right at the front end of the hand foreend and the back of the magazine tube cap. I need the diameter of the magazine tube itself, the barrel, and the gap between them in that spot.

GGG makes these in several sizes, but none specifically for the 1301.  I want to get one close enough, and modify it to fit.

https://www.primaryarms.com/SSP%20Applications/NetSuite%20Inc.%20-%20SCA%20Mont%20Blanc/Development/img/GGG-1622_00.jpg
I don't have that measurement, but I can save you some time: Use the Streamlight mount.

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-STL69906-Strmlght-Shotgun-Rem870-x/dp/B001G61K74/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546863419&sr=8-3&keywords=streamlight+870+mount

I have these on my guns and they work just fine. You just need to check the end cap every now and then to make sure it's tight. But that's pretty true of most shotguns as they tend to loosen with shooting. It will work with a dedicated weapon light like the X300 or with a standard flashlight in something like a VTAC mount:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/37749/streamlight-799321.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/37749/stream2-799325.jpg
Thank you so very much! Exactly what I need.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top