User Panel

Beretta PMXS (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 3:01:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kent:

If that's your way of asking whether I'm in love with everything they've ever produced, then the answer is NO.

I do like their GHM and APC weapons.

View Quote

Its a joke, mostly, since most of their line is based at least to some degree on the tec 9
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 3:39:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By BorderDave:

Please quote your source.
View Quote

Lol this isn’t reddit.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 7:35:11 AM EDT
[#3]
It could work for a Jack Burton costume.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:53:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the P26 B&Ts that were 1k when the showed up at Atlantic Arms, super accurate, 2" groups at 75ft standing. I bought the adapter for Sig stocks and have the kate moss on it
and a Holosun green dot.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#5]
A3 tactical just posted pictures of their stock adapter will go into production soon. Just saw them on FB.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By gungrass:
A3 tactical just posted pictures of their stock adapter will go into production soon. Just saw them on FB.
View Quote

Now available for pre-order.  Expected release date 8/31.

https://a3tactical.com/beretta-pmx-direct-fit-modular-stock/
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
Lots of hate in this thread for MSRP, makes me think you guys need to shop around more. Or you should compare MSRP to actual sell prices on Beretta's other rifles. I have no plans to buy one either, but it's not because of MSRP.
View Quote

$1000, 33% off MSRP
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

$1000, 33% off MSRP
View Quote

Well it is Botach, so good luck with that.  Like they have a stock image of a full auto PMX, which isn’t what you’re getting.  You don’t get a sight or 3 lug barrel.

That reminds me that I need to get off my butt and submit a form 1.  Keep putting it off.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 12:40:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I also picked up a P26 when they could be had for $999. I love that gun (although I now prefer my APC9).

At the time, the scorpion was still new, maybe $800-850, and the reality is the P26 was much cheaper. The P26 has a built in 3-lug (that’s $120 to add to a Scorpion), has a good trigger out of the box (another $25-50 into that Scorpion), has a much cheaper stock ($120 vs $240ish).  There’s probably some other mods everyone felt compelled to do that I’m forgetting now. As long as you didn’t feel the need to buy 14 mags, a range ready P26 was cheaper, and a far superior gun.

The P26 is crazy accurate, can take AR triggers, but didn’t need them. It is lighter, more compact, better built and better looking.

I still don’t understand the craze for the Scorpion, and am glad I got my P26 when I did. It’s probably a collectors item now.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Since B&T isn't making the P26 anymore, I picked up a PMXs back in July and did a Form 1. Also bought the A3 Tactical folding stock. Didn't have chance to shoot it with the stock until yesterday since I haven't been feeling well.

Beretta PMX (PMXs) Suppressed
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Beretta apparently finally bringing the 1913 rear cap over...Midway shows "coming soon".  P/N is C5M147P
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By m6z:
A lot of plastic for the price.
View Quote

Agreed.

I use to appreciate the build and material quality of Beretta firearms. I’ve owned countless 92 variants, an AR70, and BM59.  Then they started in on plastic.  I was not a fan of my CX4 PCC or AR100 556.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:26:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stimr2] [#13]
My buddy who is a engineer who specializes in injection molding was pretty impressed with the PMXs. He even went out and bought one after shooting mine. Also he's not easily impressed being German lol.

The polymer and build quality of the PMXs is far superior to the CZ Scorpion. Since the original designer of the PMXs is B&T, it has the same level of quality as other B&Ts.

Originally Posted By PGT_0673:
Beretta apparently finally bringing the 1913 rear cap over...Midway shows "coming soon".  P/N is C5M147P
View Quote

I wish Beretta would sell the factory stock. That's why I bought the A3 Tactical stock because it used the factory hinge and locking mechanism. Honestly, should of kept the B&T stock.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 1:18:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Midway USA now has original 30 round PMX magazines.  $49.99 each, they are exactly the same as two mags that come with each gun.   Already bought several and verified this.

Although B&T translucent 30 mags work just fine, they supposedly have a thinner feed lip than Beretta PMX mags.

And Europeans can only buy 20 rounders, probably for some politically correct reason.  

So some PMX OEM parts are becoming very slowly available.  Would also like the original folder stock for SBR conversion, OEM folding sights, carry sling.  And of course some basic spare parts, like firing pins, extractors and springs.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#15]
So is there a consensus on these yet? I see sales going on, and it's tempting since I want to pick up a PCC for the safe.

I'm torn primarily between this and a GHM-9, except I can't find a standard GHM-9 in stock anywhere. I only plan on owning one PCC, and my budget isn't exorbitant for the project (basically nothing over $2k). Is this the one to get right now?
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 5:59:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DisposableHero] [#16]
Edit: double tap
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I wanted one as I thought it was as close to a Beretta PM12 semi I could get BUT.....

I saw that Pindad will be importing them along with BM59 and FNC clones.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/46fEKsMyi78
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:20:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: johnhd] [#18]
I keep getting tempted by these $1k deals that are popping up.  For those who SBR’d one of these, do the current stock options (A3, CSM) flop around freely when folded due to the stock retention hook being removed, or are they held in place by friction or some other Italian magic?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Seems like Beretta dropped the MSRP, Davidson’s and Lipsey’s are both showing $1299 for the black instead of $1499.  

Guessing $1000-1100 range is the new norm, which is where they should have been from the start.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 9:12:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stimr2] [#21]
Originally Posted By DisposableHero:
So is there a consensus on these yet? I see sales going on, and it's tempting since I want to pick up a PCC for the safe.

I'm torn primarily between this and a GHM-9, except I can't find a standard GHM-9 in stock anywhere. I only plan on owning one PCC, and my budget isn't exorbitant for the project (basically nothing over $2k). Is this the one to get right now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I own a GHM9 as well and I would say they're pretty similar. The recoil is a little softer on the GHM9 since it has a hydraulic buffer and the PMXs being lighter. For $1,099, I would go with the PMXs over the GHM9.

Originally Posted By johnhd:
I keep getting tempted by these $1k deals that are popping up.  For those who SBR’d one of these, do the current stock options (A3, CSM) flop around freely when folded due to the stock retention hook being removed, or are they held in place by friction or some other Italian magic?

With the A3 folding stock there is enough friction to hold the stock in place. However, I wish Beretta had kept the retention hook.

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By stimr2:

I own a GHM9 as well and I would say they're pretty similar. The recoil is a little softer on the GHM9 since it has a hydraulic buffer and the PMXs being lighter. For $1,099, I would go with the PMXs over the GHM9.

With the A3 folding stock there is enough friction to hold the stock in place. However, I wish Beretta had kept the retention hook.

View Quote

At this point, my only real hesitation with the PMXs is the stock/brace attachment system. Do you think it's sturdy enough? Or, alternatively, will the aftermarket pick it up?
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 6:31:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#23]
I wasn't a fan when they were $1599.   Way overpriced since you can get some models of MPX for that much.

$1299 is still a bit much but if they ever go on sale for under $1000, I'll pick one up... unless I find a Stribog 45acp first!
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#24]

At this point, my only real hesitation with the PMXs is the stock/brace attachment system. Do you think it's sturdy enough? Or, alternatively, will the aftermarket pick it up?
View Quote

I would say it's about as strong as the folding stock on the UMP/B&T APC9. They're quite similar actually but I wouldn't mortar it since it is made out of polymer. I think it's actually better than the P26 since the P26 uses the same stock as the TP9.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Like the ARX … Beretta doesn’t market this nor offer the things it needs to be successful.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:31:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: johnhd] [#26]
GunPrime has had the black PMX for ~$1050 shipped and the tiger stripe for ~$1140 shipped for almost a week now.  I really thought they’d move steadily at that price, but it doesn’t look like any have sold in either color for the past 3 days I’ve been checking stock.

I was ready to bite last week, but now I’m just waiting to see if someone drops them down another $50 so they’re below $1k.  I’m sure these will end up eventually getting a full ARX firesale treatment, but probably not for a few more years.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By stimr2:

I would say it's about as strong as the folding stock on the UMP/B&T APC9. They're quite similar actually but I wouldn't mortar it since it is made out of polymer. I think it's actually better than the P26 since the P26 uses the same stock as the TP9.
View Quote

Thanks!

As I was sitting on the fence, I ended up finding a GHM9 for just $100 than the sale price of the PMXs, so that's the route I went.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 3:42:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: johnhd] [#28]
For anyone who's been waiting for these to drop under $1k, now's your chance. Beretta introduced a $150 rebate for the PMX through June.

Black for $1054 shipped ($904 after rebate)
Tiger Stripe for $1149 shipped ($999 after rebate)

This was enough to push me over the edge and I'm a sucker for limited editions, so I have a Tiger Stripe on the way.

Also, don't know the pedigree of the dealer, but DC Arms claims to have Picatinny End Caps in stock for $70 + shipping/tax.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Would you look at that, Beretta USA finally decided to bring over some accessories for the PMX:

Picatinny Rear Plate
Front Sight
Rear Sight
Magazines

Save20 takes 20% off and shipping is free over $95.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 3:24:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By GaryT1776:

Agreed.

I use to appreciate the build and material quality of Beretta firearms. I’ve owned countless 92 variants, an AR70, and BM59.  Then they started in on plastic.  I was not a fan of my CX4 PCC or AR100 556.
View Quote

I don't get the complaint about materials. The AR was derided for using Al & plastic, but here we are. Polymers are well understood & the ARX has an excellent reliability record.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#31]
I finally got to handle one in a shop the other day, really like it. Heavier than I thought it would be, but it has a super slick action. I'm going to wait out the brace situation a little longer, but if that ever resolves itself positively then a PMX with some kind of brace may be our new home defense weapon. Never giving up the CX4's though!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:01:56 PM EDT
[#32]
These are now $1050 at bereli and beretta is offering a $150 rebate. Getting more and more tempting.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:09:06 PM EDT
[#33]
$1500 for a glorified Tec 9?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:51:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: johnhd] [#34]
Bereli is lagging with their pricing, these can be had for $996 shipped from Locked & Loaded and just over $1k from Family Firearms, bringing the total to ~$850 after rebate.

Also, it is possible to order the Beretta stock and foregrip from Brignoli Armi in Italy for ~$200, should take about a week to arrive.

https://www.brignoliarmi.com/calcio-pieghevole-pmx-nero.html
https://www.brignoliarmi.com/impugnatura-anteriore-pmx.html
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:05:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stimr2] [#35]
Bereli is lagging with their pricing, these can be had for $996 shipped from Locked & Loaded and just over $1k from Family Firearms, bringing the total to ~$850 after rebate.

Also, I was able to order the Beretta stock and foregrip from Brignoli Armi in Italy for ~$200, took about a week to arrive.

View Quote

Thanks for the links, I'm so tempted to buy them. Does the factory stock flop around when folded since Beretta removed the locking hook on the lower? On the A3 Tactical stock there's enough friction to hold it in place when folded.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#36]

Also, I was able to order the Beretta stock and foregrip from Brignoli Armi in Italy for ~$200, took about a week to arrive.

View Quote

Thanks -- great find.
I love that they are closed 2 hours everyday for lunch
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Mine isn’t attached yet, but I lined it up with the knuckles and it’s definitely going to be a tight fit.  Should be more than enough friction to keep it from moving.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:54:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: johnhd] [#38]

View Quote

Oh and if anyone is looking to order from there, add it to cart and go to checkout, fill out all your info and hit “Continue to Pay” which will take you to the review page, then exit.  You should get a 10% off code to finish your order via email in a day or two.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Has anyone had time with both the PMXS and the P26?
I know they’re both just a fancy Tec9, but how does quality compare?

I used to have a P26 and liked it, now that we’re seeing some more realistic pricing I’d buy one of these to replace it if it’s on a similar level of QC, fit and finish.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:23:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LIL-COMMANDO] [#40]
Tec-9 but its not!  I had a Tec-9 in 1990 and when I went to go and shoot, it did not work.  I sent it in for repair and received it back but sold it prior to shooting it.  I should have not sold that Tec-9 which I paid under 250.00 brand new.  I missed out on the B&T P26 but now I have a PMXs and bought it online without seeing one in person.  I was very impressed with the quality when I received mine a few days ago.  I took it to the range and was a little worried it was not going to shoot as my Tec-9 from way back.  Beretta PMXs ran smooth with no problems and the magazines loaded and fed without issues.  Yes its very similar to the to the Tec-9 but the PMXs works.

I bought online and it was advertised a little over 1300.00 but  they had an email for a price offer good for 24 hours for 992.94 so I bought it and shipping was 16.95 with no sales tax added.  I completed the 150.00 rebate and Beretta has two ways for payment by check or PayPal.  My cost will be 859.94 that's reasonable over the 1499.00 price tag.

I purchased mine from GunZoneSales.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:46:53 AM EDT
[#41]
$55 plastic magazines and $65 plastic picatinny stock adaptor or $150 plastic stock?  

The gun is priced OK with this $150 rebate, but I've got an MPX and don't want another gun that uses $55 plastic magazines.  At least the $150 Sig stocks are made of metal!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Morgan321:
$55 plastic magazines and $65 plastic picatinny stock adaptor or $150 plastic stock?  

The gun is priced OK with this $150 rebate, but I've got an MPX and don't want another gun that uses $55 plastic magazines.  At least the $150 Sig stocks are made of metal!
View Quote

Easy solution - use KCI B&T Mags for $30 a pop.  Can't do much about the plastic stock, but there are plenty of platforms that use all-polymer folders and hold up just fine (APC, UMP, G36, Vector, Sig 55X, Bren 2 just to name a few).  You should see how much a new polymer 553 stock costs...

Also for anyone looking, I created a subreddit with a user manual link (since Beretta doesn't include one in the box) and a running list of links for accessories:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BerettaPMX
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#43]

Also, it is possible to order the Beretta stock and foregrip from Brignoli Armi in Italy for ~$200, should take about a week to arrive.

View Quote

Have tried to order form them several times now and keep getting an access denied error with their payment service.  Anyone else experience this and find a fix?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By N_Parker:

Have tried to order form them several times now and keep getting an access denied error with their payment service.  Anyone else experience this and find a fix?
View Quote

I  think I also got an error during payment, but the order went through and I got a confirmation email.  You may want to try a different browser, and worst case I'd shoot them an email and see if they're able to offer any suggestions.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:27:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: skimlimmy] [#45]
Edit: I finally got it, was in there extremely tight

I am having a hell of a time trying to get the QD end cap off. I cant seem to drive the pin out. It goes out from bottom to top right? Mine is stuck in there good.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:01:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: johnhd] [#46]
Originally Posted By skimlimmy:
I am having a hell of a time trying to get the QD end cap off. I cant seem to drive the pin out. It goes out from bottom to top right? Mine is stuck in there good.
View Quote

I drove mine out from bottom to top.  I sent some drops of CLP into the pin hole on both ends beforehand and gave it some time to seep inward just in case, then used a steel roll pin punch slightly narrower than the pin with a brass hammer to get it moving.  Took a few taps of increasing intensity until it started moving, then I switched to a larger punch to tap it the rest of the way out normally.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:55:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlaDevmeister] [#47]
Ordered my PMX from Bereli last weekend and picked it up from my local FFL this past Tuesday.  So far, I'm pretty impressed and it's about what I expected. Fit and finish all looks good, albeit tight as all get out. Kinda of a pain to take apart and put back together but there's really not much to this thing in terms of complexity. Have the A3 Tactical stock already ordered (to a different address, of course) and I'll be filing my Form 1 tomorrow. Hoping to have this thing up and running within a week or two, assuming eFile times stay on their current trajectory.

I also tried to order the Beretta stock from the Italian vendor listed above but no luck. I don't know that we'll ever see the Beretta-manufactured one on this side of the Atlantic. Which is curious considering Beretta offered 10.25" SBR barrels for their ARX-100 for the longest, which I ordered when I SBR'd mine. If they'll offer the backstock I think they could expect to see these things sell a lot better. But sadly, Beretta never seems to get the memo...
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:48:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LIL-COMMANDO] [#48]
Originally Posted By skimlimmy:
Edit: I finally got it, was in there extremely tight

View Quote

I saw your post and was a little worried.  I used a 3/16 punch and started from the bottom to the top with no issue for the roll pin moving.  I noticed the end cap has the two square type dimple on the left side and even with the roll pin out it was not coming off until I tapped those areas and the end cap moved.  I was not trying to remove the roll pin out,  just enough to clear the hinge but was not sure if the pin moved far enough due to my standard punch appeared not to be long enough.  I used a roll pin holder to tap it out the rest of the way.  I am using the A3 Tactical brace for now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Beretta PMXS (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top