Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/3/2018 2:25:56 PM EDT
Arms unlimited has this gun for $945   is it worth the price of admission?   I have some Beretta A400's and they are worth every penny that I paid for them.   I can get the 1301 for a few bills more than a 930 SPX set up similar.

This is the one I am referring to.  I have the Mesa stock on an 870 and its a good stock so I am not worried about that part of it.   I know aftermarket support isn't near what it is for the 870/1100/590/930.   I was looking for a standard model when I came across the AU listing that already has the mag extension and Mesa stock for less than the standard models I found.

Link Posted: 5/3/2018 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
My only issue is that it is from Arms Unlimited. I have seen some hokey business practices reported in the various forums on here.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My only issue is that it is from Arms Unlimited. I have seen some hokey business practices reported in the various forums on here.
View Quote
I have a few of their colt lowers that were short runs. 9mm etc.   No issues at all with them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Why not magazines feed? Kind of hard to get behind a slow reloading weapon when there are others out there that use Box magazines!

Why will none of the big American shotgun makers make a semi auto magazines feed shotgun???!!!!

Then they have prices for semi autos that cost a lot more then one you can buy that is magazines feed!
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#4]
You do know that's the older 1301 that everyone was blowing out cheap after Beretta announced the new and improved version, right?
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah the Beretta 1301 is a great shotgun, I love mine. It's been totally reliable with everything I've fed it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Arms unlimited has this gun for $945   is it worth the price of admission?   I have some Beretta A400's and they are worth every penny that I paid for them.   I can get the 1301 for a few bills more than a 930 SPX set up similar.

This is the one I am referring to.  I have the Mesa stock on an 870 and its a good stock so I am not worried about that part of it.   I know aftermarket support isn't near what it is for the 870/1100/590/930.   I was looking for a standard model when I came across the AU listing that already has the mag extension and Mesa stock for less than the standard models I found.

http://www.beretta.com/assets/0/15/DimGalleryLarge/1301tacticalpistolgriple_zoom001.png
View Quote
Screw that. I'd ditch that stock and go full Aridus/Magpul/Nordic on a "base" 1301T.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You do know that's the older 1301 that everyone was blowing out cheap after Beretta announced the new and improved version, right?
View Quote
Which is still a better gun than pretty much any other semi auto on the market not made by Beretta.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why not magazines feed? Kind of hard to get behind a slow reloading weapon when there are others out there that use Box magazines!

Why will none of the big American shotgun makers make a semi auto magazines feed shotgun???!!!!

Then they have prices for semi autos that cost a lot more then one you can buy that is magazines feed!
View Quote
#1: You're killing the English language.

#2: There's a reason why very few manufacturers make magazine-fed shotguns

#3: There's a reason why very few military and police forces use magazine-fed shotguns, and it's the same reason as #2.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I kind of figured but I am not sure what they made later and greater.  I know the rail was upgraded to an aluminum and supposedly the new ones take choke tubes.   Also maybe some button magic.  I think the rest of the gun is the same.   The rail is not really an issue as I plan on installing a Mesa side saddle.   The choke tubes may bother others but I have had a Benelli M4 since before the Snipershide was leased by scout with one tube.

Currently trying to get hands on this model.  Although I am not sure how much of it is actually hard chrome vs cerakote.

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Magfed shotguns baffle the fuck out of me.  The point that they are useless is easily driven home by looking at 3 gun matches and some of those guys that can reload a push option fast as fuck.

The fact that Remy and Savage have started pushing a mag fed pump really baffles me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:10:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The gun is good. That stock is a fucking abortion.
View Quote
Seems like the extreme angle would just encourage muzzle rise.  Eh?
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It is awkward and uncomfortable as fuck. The comb...which is adjustable from too high to Snoop Dogg shitfaced too high...sits too high forcing you to drive your cheekbone too hard against it which makes it rather unpleasant to shoot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems like the extreme angle would just encourage muzzle rise.  Eh?
It is awkward and uncomfortable as fuck. The comb...which is adjustable from too high to Snoop Dogg shitfaced too high...sits too high forcing you to drive your cheekbone too hard against it which makes it rather unpleasant to shoot.
Is a more standard {non pistol grip} stock available for the 1301?
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#19]
You hang with snoop while he's stoned and shooting?  
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#20]
To jump on the "box mag fed  shotguns are stupid" bandwagon, I'll offer some insight as to why.

The problem is the ammunition. Shotgun shells are extremely fragile compared to brass cased ammunition. They are especially susceptible to deformation beyond the point of fitting in the chamber while in the magazine. Especially the top round resting under the bolt. This makes leaving them loaded questionable. Shells loaded in my Saiga 12 begin to deform pretty quick, think hours not days.

Shotgun shells are also rimmed, which poses reliability issues when feeding from a box magazine.

The size of the shells also comes into play. Any box magazine with a capacity significantly higher than a tube is going to be pretty damn long.  Because of the size of the magazines it's easier to carry a large number of shells vs just a few loaded magazines. Once in the gun, it's more size efficient to stack those shells parallel to the barrel rather than perpendicular to it, especially in a pump action where you need somewhere for the pump to operate.

Finally, with a relatively low capacity whether box or tube fed, the advantage of reload speed comes at the cost of the ability to top off a partial magazine.

I say all this as an owner of both box and tube fed shotguns. As much as I love my Saiga 12 I wouldn't dream of using it defensively.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I have my hands on one as of last night and it is definitely worth the price of admission.  I ordered the LE version with the Mesa stock then ordered a factory stock for it from eBay.  I don't have the factory stock yet but will by the time I get back from CA.  As it sits dollar for dollar its the better deal between (same price) the Normal 1301 and the 1301LE because the LE comes with the extension already which is the Nordic unit and is very nice.

It is a fixed choke unit and it does have the older bolt release setup.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 8:10:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I had a chance to take this to the range and run a case of buckshot through it today.   It was worth the price of admission.   I scored some S&B from somewhere for a good price and used a case of it today shooting steel.   The gun is light, fast, and has very manageable recoil.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 2:15:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I had a chance to take this to the range and run a case of buckshot through it today.   It was worth the price of admission.   I scored some S&B from somewhere for a good price and used a case of it today shooting steel.   The gun is light, fast, and has very manageable recoil.
View Quote
so, you got the pistol grip LE stock with the cheekpiece?
if so, did you like it?
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Does anybody sell the Beretta OEM magazine tube extension?
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The one Beretta puts on the guns that come with the mag tube are Nordic extensions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anybody sell the Beretta OEM magazine tube extension?
The one Beretta puts on the guns that come with the mag tube are Nordic extensions.
Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was looking at Nordic's site the other day.
they have some good barrel clamp options for accessories.

I'm leaning towards a new-version 1301 and just putting the extension on it and adding the stock of my choice later.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

so, you got the pistol grip LE stock with the cheekpiece?
if so, did you like it?
View Quote
I did and it works as it should.  I also got the regular stock off of ebay but didn't get a chance to install it while I was home.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 12:52:39 AM EDT
[#30]
An advantage of getting the LE model of the 1301 Tactical is that you don’t have to worry about 922(r).  Since 922(r) is a making offense and not a possession offense, you’re off the hook if it comes already made that way from Beretta.  The problem with getting a normal 1301 Tactical is that it only comes with a 5 round tube, and if you want to legally add the Nordic or other mag extension, you’ll have to come up with some 922(r) compliance parts, and there aren’t that many for the Beretta; not like there are for the Benellis.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hmm, so do these LE models actually take 7+1 then? Most vendors seem to list 6+1, but Nordic themselves list their 1301 tactical extension as going to 7+1.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The stock gun will hold 5 in the magazine. The Nordic + 2 gives 2 more.
View Quote
I get that, I was just wondering about the LE version specifically since it comes with the extension installed, yet is listed by most websites as 6+1. Different extension or mislabeling? I'm not sure.

(Also hi, I think we shot in the same Tigerswan course back in 2010! I was the doofus in the flight suit.)
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#34]
are extra barrels available for 1301 ????
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
are extra barrels available for 1301 ????
View Quote
If you're talking about OEM barrels, yes. The Beretta part# for a 1301 Tactical barrel is 6C86352C65000, but they run around $700 or more.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Additional question. Does the LE model come threaded for chokes, or is it fixed?
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Additional question. Does the LE model come threaded for chokes, or is it fixed?
View Quote
According to the product information on Beretta's website, it looks like the current edition of the LE model takes their OptimaChoke HP chokes, just like the new edition of the Tactical. Presumably it comes with the same flush IC choke as the Tactical, but the site doesn't say.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#38]
The handguard is meh
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Breathing life into a 3 month old post . What is the good and the bad of the stock shown in the OP ?
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Oh nice, if that's just mislabeled, then that makes the LE model very appealing. As long as the new model is still threaded for chokes, it might just be my next purchase.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Oh nice, if that's just mislabeled, then that makes the LE model very appealing. As long as the new model is still threaded for chokes, it might just be my next purchase.
View Quote
The new LE model (model# J131P18) is threaded for chokes, but it's not being sold to the public. So if you're not interested in picking it up used, you're out of luck.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Are you sure? I'm seeing it on Primary Arms, G&R Tactical, Buds Gun Shop, Botach and Proven Outfitters. Also one on GunBroker at the moment.

(Buds says qualified professionals only, but apparently veterans fall under that umbrella, so I'm good there.)
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Are you sure? I'm seeing it on Primary Arms, G&R Tactical, Buds Gun Shop, Botach and Proven Outfitters. Also one on GunBroker at the moment.

(Buds says qualified professionals only, but apparently veterans fall under that umbrella, so I'm good there.)
View Quote
Well, I was sure, because that's what Beretta says on their website, and gun.deals wasn't showing anything for that model number, but apparently I was completely wrong. Those sites do list it with a slightly different model number (J131P18NLE vs the model number on Beretta's site, which is J131P18), but I have no idea what the significance of that might be. Apparently nothing, since the guns appear to be identical. Maybe Beretta resolved whatever 922r issues there might have been with selling the J131P18 to the public?

In any event, I just got one of the regular tactical models, put that same mag tube extension on it, and took it to the range Saturday. Great gun. Handles great, easy to shoot, accurate, and the recoil is much nicer than a pump.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Nice! I keep vacillating between the tactical and the comp models. I'll only use it for 3 gun, but I also like to keep a relatively realistic setup. (I'm that guy who wears his old deployment plate carrier and war belt at the monthly match.) My current gun is a 590A1 with a flush +2 extension (7+1), Magpul furniture, and a barrel with a lengthened forcing cone and threaded for chokes. With an IM choke, I can knock down steel at the same distance as the guys with the longer actual 3 gun shotguns. (I still place in the top quarter at the local match too.) I know I'm limiting my potential compared to a proper 3 gun shotgun, but I have a hard time justifying something I'd never clear a house with.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 3:07:20 PM EDT
[#46]
I got mine for home defense, but would like to try my hand at 3 gun with it at some point too, just for fun. I'll be curious to hear what you end up picking, and how it works out for you.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Wow, that IS some confusion. It would be pretty disappointing to order a new model and find it not threaded for chokes!
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
There's a lot of confusion going on. Beretta has been shipping Gen 2 receivers with Gen 1 barrels. (No cut for choke tubes) I saw two in class this weekend.
View Quote
Regular Tacticals, or Tactical LE's?
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top