Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2019 4:23:56 PM EDT
Hey guys  I picked up a used m2 for a great price.  It has a 26 in barrel I'm looking to see what you guys have done to yours. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 21" M1 but the modifications may be similar...for choke I use a Light Modified...10/22 flip up rear sight milled into rib, and HiViz front sight with triangular light pipes of varying heights to zero.. smooth the "U" notch at the nose of the loading gate so you don't catch your finger nail...beveled the loading port... extended bolt release...my 8+1 Briley mag tube was before the now common technique to load two additional rounds in the tube after the buzzer... I use a velcro 7 shot elastic band on the weak side typically for a mixed shot/slug match... use slugs of distinct color other than your bird shot... don't load your side saddle if you shoot in very cold weather... run the gun wet...I use a 3/8" cheek saddle to get poi/poa... your magazine spring needs to be 13" longer than the installed height of your mag tube... 1 1/8oz , 3 dram equivalent.... Fiocchi Aero 7/8oz slugs and Federal reduced law enforcement 10oz
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The only mandatory modifications are a magazine extension (Nordic Components seem to be the favorite) and having the lifter welded to prevent catching your nail when loading. Jeff at C-Rums (http://www.c-rums.com/) has done all my Benellis but you may check with Steve at RAS (http://www.roseactionsports.com/) to see if he does it also.

A slightly-larger fiber bead is also helpful (I've had good luck with a cheap one that snaps onto the vent rib) and an enlarged charging handle is also nice.

The sky's the limit after this, but these are the basics. 26" barrel complements the versatile nature of the M2 perfectly.

Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:03:14 PM EDT
[#3]
At minimum an extended magazine tube holding 10 or 12 (+1 in the chamber), then get a good set of shell caddies (I like Invictus Practical's 2.8) and some dummy loads to practice loading.

The most common 3 gun modification include opening the loading port for quicker loading, an extended lifter (to avoid catching a thumb or finger when loading), a  forearm shell holder for quick loading of the chamber from bolt lock, a rear sight for those slugs and those close/ tight shots, a front sight or bead more visible that the factory offering, oversize bolt handle and bolt release....but none of these are required to shoot a match and have fun..so get out and shoot that gun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top