Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2021 10:53:02 AM EDT
closed
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a 24” black version for $700 (plus some fees) a few years ago and thought it was a steal. That one looks like a good deal in today’s market, especially if it’s a 21” (can’t tell from the picture) as those seem to be at a premium.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#3]
worth it to me IF, it is in perfect working order, and IF there is no evidence of it being a study project at WECSOG
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#4]
 Had to Google - WECSOG  , that's pretty good  

No it hasn't been tampered with, he is an old timer and avid turkey hunter. He's is pretty much done with hunting due to health issues and age.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that's a fair price for buyer and seller.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems to be a very fair price. If he was a turkey hunter some of the extra tubes could make this a great price. Regardless, you’d be hard pressed to have an all around better shotgun. If he still has the shims to adjust the stock to fit you then you can’t go wrong.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#7]
To me the 21” or 24” are just about perfect for a do-all shotgun.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#8]
From a guy you know who treats his guns well?  I’d buy it in a second at that price.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think that's a fair price for buyer and seller.
View Quote

This, if you get the loader ported and polished and add an extended mag tube, it will eat any ammo, including cheap Walmart shells.

Clean it well and don’t add extra weight in it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#10]
In Dec. 2020 I paid $600 for a M1S90 factory SBS. I think the price asked for is fair for all parties.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Good deal, beaters go for $600+ around here.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#12]
An old fellows turkey gun means shot very little. A few shots to pattern it and if he was lucky a few shots during season and that would be it.
Wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a dedicated turkey gun that it has less than 100 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:36:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the replies guys , greatly appreciated !!
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:58:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Not a bad deal.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#15]
That's a good price. If you go into a gunshop the only Benellis you'll in that price range are beat to hell.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
From a guy you know who treats his guns well?  I’d buy it in a second at that price.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd JUMP on that.

With Gonzo Gun Priced these days, especially on a "Semi-Auto", I'd do it in a heart beat!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Only people that would pay more for the Benelli are 3 gunners and they’re gonna rape that gun from stem to stern trying to hot rod it once they get their mitts on it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Only people that would pay more for the Benelli are 3 gunners and they’re gonna rape that gun from stem to stern trying to hot rod it once they get their mitts on it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Does the shell carrier have some surface rust on it or is that just the picture angle? The gun above seems to have surface rust on the barrel so maybe he doesn't have a dehumidifying rod in his safe or he didn't oil them down after being in the field? Just trying to judge condition better.

I bought an M1S90 Tactical about 10 yrs ago for $850 out of state. It cost another $200 to bring it in state and pay FFL, transport and DROS fees. At $1050 it was a steal for CA. It was in mint condition with only the rear sight missing, but came with a scope mount.

He could have some fond memories being in the field with that gun and has him second guessing selling it. Might tell him he can shoot it anytime he wants. I'd rather sell a gun to a friend than a stranger for more money... within reason of course.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He's back paddling on the Benelli now , says give him s few days to think about it and he' the one that priced it to me.

However he did sell me this 870 Wingmaster with 30" full choke barrel and 10 shot mag extension $250.
Need to touch up some bluing around the loading port but for its age, a very nice shotgun only 2 3/4" though.

Have you ever seen such creature , that's definitely something you don't see everyday.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70066/IMG_1067-1859588.jpg

I'll give him a few days then I'll end up with the Benelli too

View Quote

That’s an early 870, you can tell by the narrow “corn cob” forend.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#23]
The asking price is reasonable and I think the going price back when I was looking at them, even pre pandemic pricing.  I bought mine 10+yrs ago for $450 as a police trade-in gun, and it was a good deal.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Not a terrible deal if you're in the market.

Now if it was an Hk import, it's a steal.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 8:36:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not a terrible deal if you're in the market.

Now if it was an Hk import, it's a steal.
View Quote

Why would a HK import go for more? Other then being able to ghost load without modifying anything, what is the difference?
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 8:52:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why would a HK import go for more? Other then being able to ghost load without modifying anything, what is the difference?
View Quote

The HK import Benelli’s are considered a collectible and are more sought after, since the HK and Benelli ties have been broken
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#27]
CLOSE
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The HK import Benelli’s are considered a collectible and are more sought after, since the HK and Benelli ties have been broken
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had not considered the collectable factor. I was thinking strictly of the features that might have changed, ability to ghost load.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I had not considered the collectable factor. I was thinking strictly of the features that might have changed, ability to ghost load.
View Quote

They usually command a $200-500 price over the Benelli.

I'm pretty sure you can float a shell on any Benelli until the SBE3. For duck hunting shotguns anyway
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure you can float a shell on any Benelli until the SBE3. For duck hunting shotguns anyway
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My understanding is that the M1's that were imported by HK will ghost load from the factory but, the M1's imported by Benelli themselves after they separated from HK will need modification to ghost load. I believe all M2's have to be modified to ghost load, I tried to ghost load my M2 and unless I am doing something wrong it will not do it.

My understanding is to modify a carrier you have to make one edge on the second notch on the bottom of the bolt carrier 90 degrees. I have seen youtube videos on this but, have not tried it myself.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My understanding is that the M1's that were imported by HK will ghost load from the factory but, the M1's imported by Benelli themselves after they separated from HK will need modification to ghost load. I believe all M2's have to be modified to ghost load, I tried to ghost load my M2 and unless I am doing something wrong it will not do it.

My understanding is to modify a carrier you have to make one edge on the second notch on the bottom of the bolt carrier 90 degrees. I have seen youtube videos on this but, have not tried it myself.
View Quote

Some of the Benelli M1S90s will ghost load too it just depends on whether the bolt is notched or not. Benelli started doing it after HK had already left.  They did it to comply with migratory bird laws...
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Ghost loading is loading the tube , the carrier and have one in the chamber .
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 8:25:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Ok so, this M1 will do that. Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it possible for you to pull the bolt body out and take a pic of the bottom of it? I am interested to see if it came from the factory able to do that or if he modified it to do that.
The original had a single notch on the bottom and would allow ghost loading. They added a second notch so ghost loading was not able to be done but, someone figured out if you change the angle of the notch you can ghost load.

Here is a pic I stole to show the single notch vs double notch, for reference. My understanding is that some M1's have one notch and some have 2 while all M2's have the second notch and need to be modified to ghost load.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Cool, I look forward to the answer.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 8:28:49 AM EDT
[#38]
CLOSED
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Some guys were filling the notch with JB Weld to facilitate ghost loading. Don’t know how that holds up though. I wouldn’t bother if planning on migratory hunting with it though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for posting the pics.

Looks to me like an unmodified bolt carrier. I am not sure how it is ghost loading without being modified.

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the shell on your carrier is popping out of the mag tube that aint "Ghost Loading". The Ghost loaded shell is inserted into the action via the ejection port with the mag tube remaining fully loaded.

Load the mag tube full, pull the bolt back and (1) drop a shell into the chamber and (2) put a shell into the receiver on to the top of the carrier. Ease the bolt forward allowing the bolt to slide over the "ghost load" shell and into battery.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 7:57:39 AM EDT
[#42]
CLOSED
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top