Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2020 11:14:15 AM EDT
I put in the paperwork this week for a Benelli M1S90 Entry. I hope to bring it home in 4-6 months.

I want a general sling for carrying the shotgun, I don't need the low drag high speed ultra operator sling, just something I can carry it around with and shoot outdoors. I don't hunt but have access to an outdoor range and would prefer to sling it to the shooting booth instead of using a case. I was looking at this 3 point from Spectre. What do people think and are there other options that might better suit my needs?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 2:58:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi,

The 3-point Spectre sling may be more complicated than you need. It's more of a cqb type sling. The Blue Force Gear Vicker's 2-point slings are still good for cqb but are also simpler and more practical for most uses.  I have tried a 3-point sling and prefer the Vicker's 2-point on my carbines and shotguns.

Also, you may want to check the sling swivel size on your M1. If I remember correctly, they are 1 inch wide where most slings these days are 1.25 inch. The BFG Vicker's does come in a 1 inch that I use on my M1S90. https://www.blueforcegear.com/vickers-one-sling

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you both for your input.

@plnkr1234Basic
The gun is at my dealer an hour away so checking the width of the sling attachment points is not practical.
I was poking around Specture's site and found there 3 point SOP sling which has a 1.5 inch wide sling to help distribute weight more then a 1.25 wide sling and also uses a 1 inch wide straps to attach to the gun, so that should eliminate the mounting issue.

I looked at the Vickers sling that you linked to and it seems stiff and very textured. That could be a misconception on my part based looking at the pics. How comfortable is it to wear long term? Also, with a 1 inch sling does it dig into the shoulder vs a 1.25 or 1.5 inch sling?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I use the BFG Vicker’s 2 point sling on my M1S90 and couldn’t be happier as it is the perfect sling for this shotgun for me. In fact, I am setting my 870 police with the same sling configuration. The sling is not stiff at all and the M1S90 is so light (even loaded, mine is full size) that it does not dig into my shoulder at all.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Magpul MS1
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use the BFG Vicker’s 2 point sling on my M1S90 and couldn’t be happier as it is the perfect sling for this shotgun for me. In fact, I am setting my 870 police with the same sling configuration. The sling is not stiff at all and the M1S90 is so light (even loaded, mine is full size) that it does not dig into my shoulder at all.
View Quote

Thank you for the feedback. I only have pics to go from so hearing from people that have used the sling helps a lot.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Magpul MS1
View Quote

I looked at Magpul'd site. The loops on the end are thin enough, width wise, to go through the factory mounting on the shotgun? I could not find any specs on that part of the sling, it just lists it as 1.25 webbing.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I use the BFG Vicker's 2 point sling on my M1S90 and couldn't be happier as it is the perfect sling for this shotgun for me. In fact, I am setting my 870 police with the same sling configuration. The sling is not stiff at all and the M1S90 is so light (even loaded, mine is full size) that it does not dig into my shoulder at all.
View Quote
I use the Vickers on all my rifles and shotguns, preferring the padded model. Having used the Vickers sling on a hunt with a large frame AR in the mountains, a few days having the rifle slung for 8 or more hours, they are comfortable and easy to use even over bulky clothing/armor etc.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I looked at Magpul'd site. The loops on the end are thin enough, width wise, to go through the factory mounting on the shotgun? I could not find any specs on that part of the sling, it just lists it as 1.25 webbing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Magpul MS1

It’s what I use on my M4. The front sling loops look the same. I have to collapsible stock, though.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It’s what I use on my M4. The front sling loops look the same. I have to collapsible stock, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Magpul MS1

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I've used a Gear Dynamics quick adjust sling for a few years on my Super90 and 590A1 for a few years now;

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thank you both for your input.

@plnkr1234Basic
The gun is at my dealer an hour away so checking the width of the sling attachment points is not practical.
I was poking around Specture's site and found there 3 point SOP sling which has a 1.5 inch wide sling to help distribute weight more then a 1.25 wide sling and also uses a 1 inch wide straps to attach to the gun, so that should eliminate the mounting issue.

I looked at the Vickers sling that you linked to and it seems stiff and very textured. That could be a misconception on my part based looking at the pics. How comfortable is it to wear long term? Also, with a 1 inch sling does it dig into the shoulder vs a 1.25 or 1.5 inch sling?
View Quote

The Vickers sling material is a little stiff at first but breaks in with use and becomes much softer and flexible. Also the thicker material seems to cut in less at the edge of the sling compared to flatter webbing.

The 1 inch doesn't seem to dig in any more that the 1.25 inch, but I haven't carried the M1 all day or used it in a multi-day course (like I have with other weapons and the 1.25 inch sling) so I can't say so for sure.  I would say you should try to find a retailer that has the sling so you can examine it yourself, but I've been happy with my Vickers slings.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 4:40:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm using a Magpul MS1 with a Noveski QD attachment plate for the rear https://www.opticsplanet.com/noveske-benelli-qd-sling-plates.html and a GG&G QD attachment front mount https://www.gggaz.com/benelli-m2-quick-detach-front-and-rear-sling-attachments.html.

Its nice to have the QD mounts to remove the sling easily whenever desired. The Noveski mount sits flush to the stock. Other rear mounts project out from the stock and receiver. You won't need to reduce the sling to 1" in the rear either.  

Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm using a Magpul MS1 with a Noveski QD attachment plate for the rear https://www.opticsplanet.com/noveske-benelli-qd-sling-plates.html and a GG&G QD attachment front mount https://www.gggaz.com/benelli-m2-quick-detach-front-and-rear-sling-attachments.html.

Its nice to have the QD mounts to remove the sling easily whenever desired. The Noveski mount sits flush to the stock. Other rear mounts project out from the stock and receiver. You won't need to reduce the sling to 1" in the rear either.  

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49466673233_22600c0520_z.jpg
View Quote

It is interesting that you bring up ease of removal for when it is not wanted. That is not something I had thought about. I'll look into those adapter plates. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:47:52 PM EDT
[#15]
100% get the BFG sling, I run them on all of my long guns.

Pict
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I received the adapters that Blowout linked to. Now I just need the ATF to approve the form 4 so I can bring the gun home.
I am still trying to figure out which sling I want. I figure at this point it will be a QD and i might buy these adapters and run the sling on my M1 and the M2 my wife got me for christmas.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Can someone explain this to me? This Vickers 2 point QD sling is $80 while this Specter 3 point QD sling is $50.

I could get the Specter 3 point sling and the add-on sling pad for the price of the 2 point Vickers. Am I missing something or am I just paying for the Vickers name?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:02:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Those are 2 different type slings. Are you looking for a 2 point or 3?

Magpul makes a MS1 padded version if your looking for padding - $57. https://www.gearzonetactical.com/MAGPUL-MS1%C2%AE-PADDED-SLING_p_9817.html

Just add a set of good QD sling swivels to the ends. I found Grovtec to be of high quality and US made.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Those are 2 different type slings. Are you looking for a 2 point or 3?

Magpul makes a MS1 padded version if your looking for padding - $57. https://www.gearzonetactical.com/MAGPUL-MS1%C2%AE-PADDED-SLING_p_9817.html

Just add a set of good QD sling swivels to the ends. I found Grovtec to be of high quality and US made.
View Quote

I think at this point i am leaning to a 3 point since I can use it as a 2 point as well if I feel the need. I like the versatility of changing it between 2 and 3 point depending on how far I have to go with it.

It just took me back that a 3 point sling with more features then a 2 point sling was so much less then the 2 point. I hear a lot of people talk about the Vickers slings but, they seem to me to be a lot of money for a strip of webbing. Unless I am not seeing something, I would be paying for a premium for a name.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:05:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I bought some 3 pointers a while back and they suck a little less than single point slings.  It's your money, buy what you want but I really like the BFG 2 point slings.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I bought some 3 pointers a while back and they suck a little less than single point slings.  It's your money, buy what you want but I really like the BFG 2 point slings.
View Quote

@Polycop

The issue I have is the price for what it is. When talking about the BFG sling it is a 1 inch webbing with QD mounts on both ends. What am I getting with the BFG sling to justify the price?
Is the material better then the rest of the 2 point slings out there?
Is the customer service excellent?

Help me understand why I should spend that price on the BFG vs other 2 point slings or 3 point slings that are a lot less.
I am open to buying BFG if I can understand why they justify the premium price.

ETA: what was it about the 3 point slings that you did not like?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:28:40 AM EDT
[#22]
You want 1.25" webbing. 1" cuts into your skin more. Problem with the M1 is the rear slot requires a special 1" adapter to use a 1.25" sling. Now you have that rear QD attachment, you don't have that issue.

Using the 3 point Spectre as a 2 point sling doesn't provide a slider to the front of the sling. The VIckers or Magpul 2 point sling allows the forward hand to lengthen/shorten the sling while wearing it. Can't don't have that capability with the 3 point sling.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Thank you for the explanation Blowout.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Specter is running a winter special, 25% off their slings and 10% off GG&G/Magpul gear.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Specter is running a winter special, 25% off their slings and 10% off GG&G/Magpul gear.
View Quote

Thank you for the heads up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top