Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2022 9:52:22 PM EDT
As the title states, I'm trying to decide between the 940-1 and 940-2.

The 940-1 is the only one of the two I've handled, and it is really nice. The carbon fiber scales are pretty well done.

I've never handled anything with G10 that the 940-2 comes with. Is the 940-1 worth the extra money? I don't want a cheap feeling knife, not sure if G10 will feel like a plastic knife or if its better than that.

Then its the matter of the blade. S90V on the 940-1 and S30V on the 940-2. From what I understand I probably wont really notice a difference between the two, and S30V would be easier to sharpen.

Help me spend some money!
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:00:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought the green 940 a couple of years ago and love it. I’d do the carbon fiber S90v next, if I were taking that route.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#2]
940 is best 940.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:02:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I love the 940-2, but I actually prefer g-10.  Fabulous knife. Oh and in before the benchmade haters
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd venture to guess that the G-10 is the tougher material bwtn the two, doesn't feel like plastic at all and has a touch of grab to it.  Down side is it will absorb oils which can easily be removed but there no chance of it splintering like carbon fiber if an accident occurs.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:42:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh and in before the benchmade haters
View Quote

I'm sure it's coming.

I had my mind made up on the ZT 0450 because I've carried a Kershaw Zing SS for about 8 years, and the 0450 is very similar just larger and obviously more premium. But I did a sharpening on a friends 940-1 and I really liked it. Still haven't handled the 0450 in person, but I think I'm sold on the 940 for now.

I'm not a huge knife person but I do want to have a quality blade to carry. I'll probably end up getting the 0450 later down the road.

I'm assuming ordering from MidwayUSA is pretty safe as far as getting a legit Benchmade? I know there's a lot of fakes out there. I'd order from Benchmade directly but their price is $210 and I just don't see the 940-2 being a $200+ knife. Midway has it on sale for $175 with free shipping. Unfortunately I couldn't find the 940-2 locally. Found the 945 Mini Osborne at a LGS which might be kinda nice to have later on if I want to carry something a little smaller and closer to the size of my Kershaw.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:51:32 AM EDT
[#6]
S90 is a Super Steel and will hold an edge
longer than S30.

S30 will be a lot easy to touch up when dull.
I highly recommend Diamond stones for S90

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I would say midway is good to go. Also I think the 940-2 isn't cloned like the 940 in aluminum and carbon fiber based on my research when I was buying mine.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Alright, I FO’d on the 940-2.

I really wanted to have them both in my hands to see how I liked em. Found a bass pro that happened to have both of them in stock.

The ZT 0450 is super nice, and I will probably end up getting that one at some point too.

The 940 is just a damn sexy knife though. Ended up taking the display model home with me since it was the only one they had left, but it looks good, blade centering was good and all that good stuff. The pivot was a little tight and it had some lock stick but after playing with it a couple days and then adding a teeny drop of oil to the pivot it’s smooth as butter now.

Problem is, now I want to upgrade it.

I’ve always carried a knife and appreciated quality knives but I’ve never really been “into” them like I am with my firearms. That might change.

I’m probably going to get all the fancy titanium screws/pivot/thumb studs etc. for it first. I really don’t like the green barrel spacers it has. Then I’m really liking the scales that DOAT makes. He has some really awesome designs.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top