Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2020 3:38:28 PM EDT
Any of you ladies know if EBay seller "Opticsdepot" is GTG?

I have been wanting to order another 940.  Blade HQ has them for $272, this place has them "New" for $179:

https://www.ebay.com/p/4034757372

I do not what some damn counterfeit product and was curious if this falls under the, "if it sounds too good to be true"...

Thanks!
D
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any of you ladies know if EBay seller "Opticsdepot" is GTG?

I have been wanting to order another 940.  Blade HQ has them for $272, this place has them "New" for $179:

https://www.ebay.com/p/4034757372

I do not what some damn counterfeit product and was curious if this falls under the, "if it sounds too good to be true"...

Thanks!
D
View Quote

First of all, the picture in the posted EBay ad is for the 940, which has green aluminum handles and an S30v reverse tanto blade, so something’s ’fucky’ right off the bat, but people can be inexperienced when posting ads.

The 940-1 is the carbon fiber scale version with S90v blade.

The 940-2 has black G10 scales with S30v blade.

There are other spendier variants of the same design.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

First of all, the picture in the posted EBay ad is for the 940, which has green aluminum handles and an S30v reverse tanto blade, so something’s ’fucky’ right off the bat, but people can be inexperienced when posting ads.

The 940-1 is the carbon fiber scale version with S90v blade.

The 940-2 has black G10 scales with S30v blade.

There are other spendier variants of the same design.

Chris
View Quote

I am looking at the 940-1 (carbon fiber scale).  I may just go with Blade HQ, I know I won't get screwed there.

Thanks for the feed back!

D
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:17:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Don’t do eBay knives as a rule of thumb. Stick to big box retailers that are authorized
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you held a 940-1 yet, OP?

I was hyped for it until I got one. The release button stuck like crazy, even after 100-200 deployments. It was also too light of a knife for me. Felt like it would break if I used it for an extended amount of time.

ended up trading it for 3 Kershaw launch 5s.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don’t do eBay knives as a rule of thumb. Stick to big box retailers that are authorized
View Quote

After further thought, I was leaning to go this route.

Thanks!

D
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have you held a 940-1 yet, OP?

I was hyped for it until I got one. The release button stuck like crazy, even after 100-200 deployments. It was also too light of a knife for me. Felt like it would break if I used it for an extended amount of time.

ended up trading it for 3 Kershaw launch 5s.
View Quote

I have the regular 940, the green one.  I had to send it back once, the spring on the axis lock broke and would not hold open or closed, other than that, I have been happy with it.  I was also looking at the Launch Series, I figure those would be more of a fidget toy.

Thanks!
D
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:17:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have the regular 940, the green one.  I had to send it back once, the spring on the axis lock broke and would not hold open or closed, other than that, I have been happy with it.  I was also looking at the Launch Series, I figure those would be more of a fidget toy.

Thanks!
D
View Quote

After two plus years of lusting after the green 940 and tracking them on EBay, I found a reputable seller (dealer?) on EBay that had more than a few and bought one in February for $155 delivered.  I was happy and everything’s legit.

Bass Pro has them priced at $209.99 + 7%.

I’m tracking your 940-1 on EBay and the seller has 100% positive feedback, but as an hour ago, it’s up to $173 with 3+ days to go.

I’m wanting one as well, as the blue scaled spec. ed. Damasteel blade is over a grand and too rich for my blood.

Check it out, as ‘$20 is $20’ lol.

Chris
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top