Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2019 7:19:04 PM EDT
Some of you may remember my old thread about the Benelli M2 20 ga short-barrelled shotgun, for those that don't here's a few pictures...

DSC_1663-M2 Before by FredMan, on Flickr

DSC_1669-M2 Barrel Billboard by FredMan, on Flickr

DSC_1680-M2 Short Long by FredMan, on Flickr

DSC_1685-M2 ShellUp by FredMan, on Flickr

Well, in some other thread (that I can't find right now, damn search function SUCKS) someone made the comment "that thing is screaming for a +1 extension".  And you know what?  he was fucking RIGHT.

So off I went to find me a +1 extension for a 20 guage M2.  Wouldn't you know it?  They don't exist.  Nordic made one at some point, but not any more.  As I was lamenting this utter lack of support for chopped 20-guage M2s in this thread, our very own @GunCat, proprietor of Rose Action Sports (the very same outfit that did the original barrel chop and choke threading) reached out to me with this nefarious suggestion:  If I were to find an extension tube of any length for a M2 20, he'd cut and thread it for a +1!!  So, off I went, looking for any kind of extension.  Turns out the only one I could find in stock was a +7.  Now THAT looked goofy as hell; and frankly wouldn't last beyond the first shot.

M2 SBS Nordic Plus 7 by FredMan, on Flickr

So, brand new +7 in hand, I packed it up and shipped it off to Kentucky.  I carefully measured about a dozen times, had some conversation back and forth with GunCat and just yesterday it arrived back at my front door.

I also want to give a huge shout-out to both GunCat and RAS; fantastic work, good pricing, and great turnaround.  I've got no relationship with him/them other than as a customer, but you could do a lot worse than sending your scattergun off to them for work.

Behold!!  REDUX!!!  4+1 capacity (2.75" or 3" shells), and I'm pondering chopping the spring just a hair to see if I can get a 5th 2.75" in there.  It's about 1/4" short of fitting at the moment.

I THINK I'm done with this SBS now, but you never know.  I keep hearing things about ghost-load mods that don't require any welding work...

M2 SBS +1 by FredMan, on Flickr

M2 SBS +1 Detail by FredMan, on Flickr

M2 SBS +1 Detail by FredMan, on Flickr

M2 SBS +1 by FredMan, on Flickr

Oh, and @MDOhmart, here's another nudge for you to open your wallet ...
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't need your help, pusher

Looks great!

I'm still watching out for my cheap M2 barrel. Maybe someone can banana peel one for me so their loss can be my gain!
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That is quite possibly the coolest, and most expensive M2 on earth.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
That’s a pretty cool setup.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is quite possibly the coolest, and most expensive M2 on earth.
View Quote
ETA, and I'm pretty sure it's the first 20 ga M2 SBS ever papered, I know for sure it's the first one through the eForms submission.

Yeah, tell me about it.  Thing is, though, you don't REALLY feel the pain the way I did it, spreading it out over a few years.

And I bet it's not all that much more than if the Italians made it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Nicely done OP and GunCat!
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn that is nice looking.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 1:36:48 AM EDT
[#9]
So awesome. I would do that in a heartbeat if SBS was legal in my state. Great work OP and GunCat.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 3:42:28 AM EDT
[#11]
God that gives me a chub.

Now I want some more viable self defense loads in 20ga.

I really really want a flight control with plated #3 buck. #1 would be great too if they can stack it proper.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 1:50:37 AM EDT
[#12]
damn now I want to SBS my TTI M2.

I gotta stop reading Arf.

Between the Rem V3 Tac-13 thread with the hard chrome job and this thread, my tax return is gone.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 2:02:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah, that's not true, but it looks great with the shorter tube
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
frankly wouldn't last beyond the first shot.
Yeah, that's not true, but it looks great with the shorter tube
Exactly.

I have a 20" M2 with extended mag tube to the end of the barrel and when I shoot 3gun I put a +5 on it to hold 13+1.
I get lots of carbon build up on the extension but never a strike.
If you watch some slo-mo vids of shotgun shooters, like Jerry Miculek, the shot doesn't open up until 10 or more feet beyond the muzzle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top